Weapons Test 1.0 FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Reapers!

We are back again, this time with the pew pew! We've got the shooting build named "Em8ER Weapons Test 1.0" for you to sink your teeth into! Let's get to blasting ya'll!

If you are in need of support for issues like being unable to log into the demo please post in the support thread https://forums.em8er.com/threads/weapons-demo-1-0-support.1587/

-Ronyn

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Overthrust just doesn't quite feel right. There are times that I use the skill and my character feels like they're being slowed or there's immense drag. The drag feels the largest at the ending moments of the skill.
edit: maybe it's just the visuals such as the camera shake or the flame particle...I see that I'm moving quite far but sometimes it just feels short

Also I noticed someone's weapon was stuck on their knee socket

bugged weapon.png

Last edited:

ibton

Forerunner
Aug 7, 2016
Sweden
Double-tap rightclick fires 2 small projectiles.
Holding rightclick and cancelling it halfway through by spamming leftclick shoots 3 primary fire shots in quick repetition.
The zoom while shooting is nice, but I would like the option to hipfire my weapon aswell. Sometimes even preferred.
Tapping rightclick on the targets doesn't kill them.
I really love the fuel recharge that was added, however I think it needs tuning because you can reach the skylimit by using the overthrust, glid and jetpack in a proper order to keep fuel at max. (img to show the hight).

Campiotti

Jul 26, 2019
You can spam Q for an absolute spam of particles while also destroying any and all fps in the near vicinity.

#Edit
Figured out how to reproduce the sideways walk glitch,
  1. go up into the air
  2. start gliding by pressing shift
  3. change your view to "lie down" mid-air
  4. let your self fall to the ground while keeping that pose (no mouse movement necessary)
  5. you can now walk sideways, Q and normal jetpack doesn't exit it, only deepstrike & gliding can exit it.
##

Also with the right combo of smacking your head into the ground you can start the plug-walk ---> walk wideways and peak corners x.x
em8er.jpg

emb8er2.jpg
ember-liedown.jpg

you can even fly in the air sideways but still go up because physics
emberfly.jpg
2. emberfly2.jpg

Last edited:

Campiotti

Jul 26, 2019
It's also possible to be stuck in this pose
em8erstuck.jpg

spamming shift + q + e basically can get you into this.

EDIT:
you're still able to move especially using shift or Q and you can also still shoot + target.
emberT-pose.jpg

Campiotti

Jul 26, 2019
emberfloor.jpg
this is also a thing (in which you're able to depstrike till the sound stops because you're always floating)
basically close to all of my bugs can be reached by spamming abilities and hitting the ground in questionable ways (lying down of flying straight into it)

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Oh man. I'll just let others to give feedback.

My first impression was the tanked performance when shooting. I couldn't imagine multiple people attempting it.

I saw that aiming down the sight was removed and replaced with alt fire. I was expecting a laser gun at first to help us understand those important nuances.

I think the big problem is not really knowing what to test and what sorts of feedback I should be paying initial attention to. I'll find corner cases, it's my nature, but it seems I need some direction.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Get some good gun design please
at the beginning of the 12pm PDT stream grummz says he's reworking the weapon skin and to get the build out this week he used a placeholder

also also there's something wrong with the aoe effect on enemies.
deepstrike does not do damage right now but it will when the game is more complete. Weapon aoe is also not in the game right now. Today's gameplay was to release content and see how the community responds to the feel of the modified fuel Regen, weapon experience, and the sliding after a speedy landing. Expect all these concerns to be resolved in the next few build releases

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
More like the Thermal Cannon, but I see your point and agree. The Plasma Cannon secondary had a close range shotgun shot.
It had it's burst-fire changed to the shotgun at some point during the closed beta. Either that, or they there two separate versions available, can't remember exactly at this point. The new gun, however, seems to be a weird mix of the Tigerclaw and Accord assault main weapons.

On the topic, the overall feel seems to come together quite nicely, after the guns have been implemented.
But please, for the love of God, make zoom optional. Tunnel vision is Call of Duty's specialty.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
There has been a lot of nods towards warframe and the slide makes me think of that game. This is a good thing. Not sure it is that big a deal because the slide works up and down hills. But if you catch the top of a small, sharp hill the slide continues in mid air with the same stone flying graphic.

There could be more drop off for this particular weapon too. I agree with the other comment about shots not going where the reticle is aimed. Thanks, Thorp, for a couple answers on things.

Too me this felt good. The slide is nice and the players speed to distance works great. Felt DAMN good shooting a plasma again. I like the slight barrel lift with rapidly clicking alt fire. The regen comes at a good pace for compromising between shrinking the world and community requests. And even though it isn't new, I still love the sprint. Was great finally having some time to get in with the community and see a lot of regulars around here, bounce on their heads and flying around with them. I even drilled Grummz with a perfectly aimed crater. Lol

Grummz, thank you so much for recent progress and participation with us. Let's keep it rolling team!

Aug 3, 2016
France
Hi everybody,

one probleme not resolved is the probleme of FPS and speed, i explain, at 30FPS when you jump hight with boost and use wings to plane, but at 60 FPS you jump 2 times less hight and fly 2 time more slowly, and at 120 FPS is X3

take as a reference a mountain, and try only the jump reactor at 30 60 and 120 fps you will see

Sorrow2u

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Okey so this is my feedback: jump pad shude be able to be sumoned while in air ( with some range limit ofc) and multiplay your vector not override it that will alow to use it in more interesting way. Example glide > slide > jumppad lunch u up and FORWORD > Q to extend thrust glide and reapeat. In addition to that lunchpad need to be 20~30% wider for easy of use in slide. I have a feel that tsi-hu need to be size up to medium mech size