Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
- The new em8er site is easy to navigate too
- Npc's are pink like piggies if the oinked when shot would of been great but that's not the point
its clever they hide behind those pillars when shot those sneaky a.i!!!
- I like the rag doll animation it was less crazy than before :D
- Aiming and shooting cannot wait to see that against an a,i
- I still think the kaiju has a small butt :p
- Discord is a neat idea ingame, have to use it more even though i prefer forum!
- I like to first say our thoughts go for you and Brian's family, lets make em8er the finest
in his honor and to all the fans.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Nice to see the model is almost done for the Tsi-hu. The behavior has a nice touch and looking forward to more on that development. Lots of people here have the mindset of 'know your enemy' and adapting tactics or builds based on that information. Have to pick on you with the unintended fail landing! But I like the early ragdoll effect of it.

For real can hear and feel the heartache in your voice on the announcement of Brian's passing. I truly hope that down the road on a future deepstrike, we will find something hidden that is dedicated to him.

Thank you, Grummz for the update as well as for your commitment to the Em-8er project and our community.

Once

The Dollar Club
Feb 11, 2017
Models are looking great.
Being able to aim independently while gliding is awesome, I remember not being able to do that in Firefall and having to do "gun runs" by diving and shooting.

I don't use Discord very often so it'll be interesting to see that integration with Em8er.

I can't say I knew Brian, but I'm glad he was there and I hope his family is doing well.

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
@Grummz Sorry for your loss. I hope he knew what a great friend he had in you. That Tribute was amazing. I could only hope that when it's my time someone tributes something half as beautiful to me. I know how it feels to lose someone close.

The update is great. Good to see everything transitioning along well. The music is epic by the way. Definitely has that good ol' Firefall feel. Pretty neat watching the AI hide behind obstacles and reacting to the crosshair. The ability to aim and fire without changing your glide direction is very noooice. Loving everything. Love the Forums. Love the website. Backers website. Discord. It's all amazing and I'm pretty happy right now. Can't wait until the next installment!

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
For real can hear and feel the heartache in your voice on the announcement of Brian's passing. I truly hope that down the road on a future deepstrike, we will find something hidden that is dedicated to him.

Thank you, Grummz for the update as well as for your commitment to the Em-8er project and our community.
Grummz Sorry for your loss. I hope he knew what a great friend he had in you. That Tribute was amazing. I could only hope that when it's my time someone tributes something half as beautiful to me. I know how it feels to lose someone close.

The update is great. Good to see everything transitioning along well. The music is epic by the way. Definitely has that good ol' Firefall feel. Pretty neat watching the AI hide behind obstacles and reacting to the crosshair. The ability to aim and fire without changing your glide direction is very noooice. Loving everything. Love the Forums. Love the website. Backers website. Discord. It's all amazing and I'm pretty happy right now. Can't wait until the next installment!

I could not have expressed my feelings and comments about this video update and tribute better than Mahdi and Djepetto did. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, @Grummz , and Brian's family.

<3 F <3

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Grummz - I noticed in the video you mentioned that the NPCs get nervous when the player's target reticule passes over them. I can understand this behaviour at close(ish) range when you are using a standard weapon and are also being engaged by the NPC but I do hope this sort of thing is disabled at medium/far range and/or when an NPC is not facing you and/or when you are targeting them through a sniper type of sight.

I've played a variety of games in the past where the NPCs adopt this behaviour no matter what they are doing or where they are/looking, which is not only totally unrealistic but also extremely annoying for the player.

Kraz

Jul 14, 2018
The ability to shoot in a different direction then fly is great. Can you take it 1 step farther, when you press the shift button can you activate the arrow keys to let you steer the glider just left and right. just a thought so you can avoid flying into things.

My thoughts and prayers go to Brian's family and to all who will miss him.

I played Firefall for a few years, sadly I have had real world things going on that has kept me from playing games on my PC for the last year and a half. just found out today about FireFall fate. Then learning about this new game is amazing. From a friend I got in early, before the official release, about a year or so and the change they made before it was open to the public was a new game. I don't see that going to happen here. I would love to be able to get in on the open release. What I see is Great, and like everyone else want to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.