Very much hope this game has individual/personal loot drops

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My question is that since the "loot" drop is just going to be things like body parts and various fluids and gases produced by them. Can I pick how I want my gear to look when I craft them? Because I can see 3 routs in terms of melee weapons and armor plates.

1. We copy / mimic the molecular structure of the body part to make out gear more powerful. It doesn't look mush different from stander gear because change was only to the atoms in the gear and not it's overall shape.

2. We copy / mimic the form and function of the body part because, just like in real life, we copy the how other lifeforms work to make our technology better. After all, mother nature has already did a lot of R&D with evolution and come up with some ingenious things.

3. Rather than trying to copy or mimic the body part you just use that part as is. Just bolt on those armored shells onto you mecha and while you are used those teeth to make a spiked hammer or saw-toothed sword.

This way it gives people more freedom over how their mecha looks and functions. Because people with the same overall stats can still look and act really differently from each other and use those stats in different ways. For example, one person can jump over that gap by jumping and using they jets for a boost of speed, another person uses their jets to jump up higher and body parts of flying monsters to catch the wind over the gap, and another just runs as high speeds and jumps super high because they changed how the joints in their legs move and function after studying how some predator runs after and leaps onto it's prey.

This is a neat idea was thinking if we got these parts what is to say that there could be altercations such as combining it with what we have might need a process to stop it from taking over the whole mech/weapon otherwise could become corrupt.

a) This process to sort the compatibility issue is done in the lab but as a result would mean the upgrades are limited.

b) Taking a risk but knowing when to use the process to stop it from corrupting

c) All corrupt meaning the mech is taken over by the kaiju or that it ends up in the waste pile because the security in the safezone
detects you as a threat!

Aug 14, 2016
This is a neat idea was thinking if we got these parts what is to say that there could be altercations such as combining it with what we have might need a process to stop it from taking over the whole mech/weapon otherwise could become corrupt.

a) This process to sort the compatibility issue is done in the lab but as a result would mean the upgrades are limited.

c) All corrupt meaning the mech is taken over by the kaiju or that it ends up in the waste pile because the security in the safezone
detects you as a threat!
Lol, I didn't even think of that. I can picture it now. A group of base guards are surrounded a mecha while the pilot is holding his hands up.
Guard 1 "Dave... How many times do we have to tell you? You can't run around with all those monster body parts on your frame. You keep setting off the alarm because the sensors think you are a monster."
Dave "Sorry guys. I forgot. But look at this, I can use this monster's skull as a shield for my arm. This thing is almost fireproof. it can hold up to lava for like half an hour."
Guard 2 "This is like the fourth time this week. And it is only Tuesday."

2. We copy / mimic the form and function of the body part because, just like in real life, we copy the how other lifeforms work to make our technology better. After all, mother nature has already did a lot of R&D with evolution and come up with some ingenious things.

This way it gives people more freedom over how their mecha looks and functions. Because people with the same overall stats can still look and act really differently from each other and use those stats in different ways. For example, one person can jump over that gap by jumping and using they jets for a boost of speed, another person uses their jets to jump up higher and body parts of flying monsters to catch the wind over the gap, and another just runs as high speeds and jumps super high because they changed how the joints in their legs move and function after studying how some predator runs after and leaps onto it's prey.
Oh, damn it! Now, I cannot stop thinking about incorporating bio-mechanical elements into omni-frames.

Omni-frames with wings resembling the enemies whose parts were studied, replicated and used to build them, all with different attributes (faster gliding and/or skimming, dive-attacks, more refined air-control, durability...etc.).

Or...OR...get this...FRICKIN' TAILS!

From surveying/studying (side-activity), capturing (hunt/population control/base-defense), dissecting, certain creatures that use their spiked, bladed (in case of mutated Tsi-hu, perhaps) or other kinds of tails for melee combat, to then replicate the movement of the joints and appendages to graft tails onto omni-frames to give them a special tail-swipe melee attack that could have debuffs for enemies, like stun them or throw them onto the ground, when the omni-frame would get swarmed. Bladed ones, or tails with spiked hammers and such could deal more damage, obviously. And the whole thing, depending on the player's aesthetic preference and parts used, could look either completely cybernetic or fully organic.

Not to mention that, in my opinion, any omni-frame model would look SICK with a tail. Might create quite a challenge for the animation department, though.

Oh, fuck! What have you done!? Now, I have an urge to alter some of the concept arts and put a tail on the sly-dancer, for example.

detects you as a threat!
Hmmmmm...yes. Introducing a corruption mechanic (from Tsi-Hu tech) that could potentially make the frames and their specific systems stronger, but the stronger corruption thresholds the user would allow their system to operate under the more adverse side-effects their frame could manifest, both in mid-combat, or when someone would be just chilling at an outpost. For some side-effect, friendly-fire could be turned off and the frame's user could potentially harm other players and parts of their base, as well as themselves. And they'd have to beaten into submission until the effect would pass or the frame would crap out. It would have to be repaired, then and the user would be slapped over the back of the head for the continued use of corrupted tech.

Lol, I didn't even think of that. I can picture it now. A group of base guards are surrounded a mecha while the pilot is holding his hands up.
Guard 1 "Dave... How many times do we have to tell you? You can't run around with all those monster body parts on your frame. You keep setting off the alarm because the sensors think you are a monster."
Dave "Sorry guys. I forgot. But look at this, I can use this monster's skull as a shield for my arm. This thing is almost fireproof. it can hold up to lava for like half an hour."
Guard 2 "This is like the fourth time this week. And it is only Tuesday."
Merchant 1: "Dave, you're damn frame ate half my supplies!...Yes! With teeth!"
Mechanic 1: "Alrigh', which one o' ya filthy frame-philiacs defecayted on the roof of mah garage!? Thing almost looks alien!"

Mar 16, 2017
I think the game is better off without any drops at all.

The thumper thumps materials that you craft stuff with.
With some less useful material you can call down ammo packs, either by players having crafted them, or to pay with a lesser material from the thumpr directly. Same with maybe heal stations, that heals in an AoE, or has a health pack for every player.

For the bad guys, tsu-shi (something), they could have a chest open at their squad spawn position (so if they had a capsule or something, it'd be in there). Then it's up for X amount of time once every enemy is dead, then the loot disappears. The loot is individual for every person in the area.

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
For the bad guys, tsu-shi (something), they could have a chest open at their squad spawn position.

Be more fun if they actually had to cut INTO the chest of the dead monster and root around inside the blood and guts to get useful bits.

You know, like you do when the pet puppy dies and you try to teach your kids about death and what makes a living thing tick.

Be more fun if they actually had to cut INTO the chest of the dead monster and root around inside the blood and guts to get useful bits.

You know, like you do when the pet puppy dies and you try to teach your kids about death and what makes a living thing tick.
I...don't think parents tell/let their kids do an autopsy on their beloved pets. That's done with frogs in biology class, I think. Or it used to be. :)

But...They're taking their fur off. So isn't that field undressing the carcass?
Also, parents letting their kids dissect dead pets might be material for a stand-up gig, about the direction parental culture is heading. But, as much as I like dark humor, I'd also want to send those parents to a psychologist. However, if the kid starts doing that stuff, on their own, then I'd wonder if they're doing it out of passion for learning, curiosity, an genuine interest in anatomy...or...is it early onset psychopathy. Little Timmy is not allowed near the neighbior's kids or their pets. And I don't think a visit to a child psychologist would solve THAT issue. And, by the time the kid would get to their first dissection in biology class, they'd be BORED, because by that point, they'd've caught, killed and prodded all kinds of animals within walking distance of their home and school. The only good thing, in that situation, would be, that the child wouldn't accidentally let slip that they've already done stuff like that, because there'd be nothing new in it for them. They wouldn't be picking at a frog's insides and say to the teacher "Wow, this looks totally different from that racoon I did, yesterday." *record scratches to a halt*

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
@MattHunX These are all things I used to think before I had my own bundle of evil.

Now I understand the child's mind.

All children are inherently evil, born psychopaths, the only thing that allows the human race to continue is that kids are both crap at fighting and don't have the vocabulary to start wars.

As parents its our job to channel that pre-pubescent hate into more constructive avenues. "Little Kickers" for example, where they attempt to kneecap each other rather than destroying the TV and sound system at home. Or "Fizzy Tots" where they end up vomiting over the poor underpaid and extremely harassed dance staff rather than puking over the new leather recaros in the rebuilt classic car.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I...don't think parents tell/let their kids do an autopsy on their beloved pets. That's done with frogs in biology class, I think. Or it used to be. :)
Could just buy it from the super market place and even the special npc always greet with a smile!
If you purchased the wrong item you have a small timer to return but once that timer is over
you own the item/resource sold.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Also, parents letting their kids dissect dead pets might be material for a stand-up gig, about the direction parental culture is heading. But, as much as I like dark humor, I'd also want to send those parents to a psychologist. However, if the kid starts doing that stuff, on their own, then I'd wonder if they're doing it out of passion for learning, curiosity, an genuine interest in anatomy...or...is it early onset psychopathy. Little Timmy is not allowed near the neighbior's kids or their pets. And I don't think a visit to a child psychologist would solve THAT issue. And, by the time the kid would get to their first dissection in biology class, they'd be BORED, because by that point, they'd've caught, killed and prodded all kinds of animals within walking distance of their home and school. The only good thing, in that situation, would be, that the child wouldn't accidentally let slip that they've already done stuff like that, because there'd be nothing new in it for them. They wouldn't be picking at a frog's insides and say to the teacher "Wow, this looks totally different from that racoon I did, yesterday." *record scratches to a halt*
It all starts with this game

Should be renamed to organ thief :eek:

@MattHunX These are all things I used to think before I had my own bundle of evil.

Now I understand the child's mind.

All children are inherently evil, born psychopaths, the only thing that allows the human race to continue is that kids are both crap at fighting and don't have the vocabulary to start wars.

As parents its our job to channel that pre-pubescent hate into more constructive avenues. "Little Kickers" for example, where they attempt to kneecap each other rather than destroying the TV and sound system at home. Or "Fizzy Tots" where they end up vomiting over the poor underpaid and extremely harassed dance staff rather than puking over the new leather recaros in the rebuilt classic car.
This could a fucking stand-up bit. Seriously. LOL!!! :D

Aug 14, 2016
Oh, damn it! Now, I cannot stop thinking about incorporating bio-mechanical elements into omni-frames.

Omni-frames with wings resembling the enemies whose parts were studied, replicated and used to build them, all with different attributes (faster gliding and/or skimming, dive-attacks, more refined air-control, durability...etc.).

Or...OR...get this...FRICKIN' TAILS!

From surveying/studying (side-activity), capturing (hunt/population control/base-defense), dissecting, certain creatures that use their spiked, bladed (in case of mutated Tsi-hu, perhaps) or other kinds of tails for melee combat, to then replicate the movement of the joints and appendages to graft tails onto omni-frames to give them a special tail-swipe melee attack that could have debuffs for enemies, like stun them or throw them onto the ground, when the omni-frame would get swarmed. Bladed ones, or tails with spiked hammers and such could deal more damage, obviously. And the whole thing, depending on the player's aesthetic preference and parts used, could look either completely cybernetic or fully organic.

Not to mention that, in my opinion, any omni-frame model would look SICK with a tail. Might create quite a challenge for the animation department, though.

Oh, fuck! What have you done!? Now, I have an urge to alter some of the concept arts and put a tail on the sly-dancer, for example.
Because this is something I would do. I don't just blindly fight the enemy, I study them and learn what I can about them. And if I learn or find something useful I use it to my advantage. I never really had any formal training growing up on how to fight, sure I had a few teachers here and there but they all told me same basic thing. Because of the way I think and movie it would be best not to limit myself to any one thing. So I got into a habit of always studying anyone I fight, even while in the middle of fighting them, as well as studying anyone I seen fighting. Copying and improving on the things I seen them do, learning the science of how and why it worked before I added it to my own arsenal of moves and skills. One of my greatest abilities is one we are all born with, the ability to analyze and mimic the things around us. It just that some of us focus and developed the ability to a high level than normal to learn new skills and abilities even if we only seen a person do it once or twice. In the words of Bruce Lee "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own."

And given how this is a sci-fi game with mecha and stuff. I could use the computer and/or A.I. in my mecha to help me analyze the enemies and even other players. Than I could use that data to help me try to copy their abilities or even improve on them with the help of the R&D team in the base.

Also fun fact about the human mind. We learned the human mind is more than capable of view things it was not born is as apart of itself as part of your own body to the point there it can and will take on new sense and learn to control new things. If you was to link your body or mind to say a third arm within a few days to about 2 weeks you'll have learned to control it without thinking as if was something you was born with. This even goes for things like tails and even computers. By studying the people with prosthetic limbs and paralyzed people with neural implants we now they that the only limit to how many sense and limbs a human can have at once it only limited by the things they are linked to and how focused they are at that moment in time. So there is no real reason that in real life people can't control cybernetic tails. Isn't real life science fun.

Last edited: