Tsi-Hu Texture Demo - Bugs and Feedback

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
This thread is for helping test the bugs and feedback for the Tsi-Hu Texture Demo. Please remember that gripes and complaints (rather than productive feedback specific to this build), belong in the complaint section of the forums.

Grab the download and let us know how you like the textures!

ChAzZ_NuT

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jan 22, 2017
This is a "texture" demo and so I will speak to that.

I think that the textures here more than meet my expectations, I was not expecting to see something this well done for the Verticle Slice. So I look forward to seeing how the whole slice will come together artistically.

The materials make sense, the colours contrast well and are not over bearing. And the lighting/shading seems to interact with the textures well too.

Generally I think that this texturing looks a lot more interesting than the texturing in the old demo's.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
So first, here's how to force Windowed mode on the demo.
Run the demo and close it once it loads.
Go to C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Em8ER\Saved\Config\Windows and opening GameUserData.ini.

And change these:
ResolutionSizeX=your desired resolution eg. 1920
ResolutionSizeY=your desired resolution eg. 1080
FullscreenMode=2

Save. Reopen the demo.

I mentioned this before, but there is no face on the interior side of the gems, so you can see straight through from that side.
missinggem.PNG

Everything else is fine. I noticed there were a few seams in the terrain, and area with poor collision, but unless you're looking for it, it's fine and your don't appear to be able fall out of the map.

There is something up with their walk cycle. I had to slow it down, but their knees clip through their staff when they walk with it drawn uphill or over a rock.

There looks like there is something misaligned here on their left upper back.

All in all though, looking forward to fighting them. They definitely look like something from Unreal. Almost Skaarj-like.

Oct 28, 2021
Art Demo showcasing the Tsi-Hu is above AA standards, I wont say AAA because thats a downgrade. I think this model is a bit too high quality for what it will be ingame, could be wrong here.

The Tsi-Hu I would say are done for this model, perhaps add in some variants, Bulkier/bigger versions with a cannon staff or alt armor colors for ranks.

We just need their swarming companions with some variations and the enemies will be ready for the Vertical Slice.

Its a great blend of Artistic Style and Graphical appearance.

Overall This is a great update, 11/10 for an enemy we will always be fighting against. Only problems I found were the ones liandri found, Not noticeable if you are fighting them in swarms, very noticeable if you are controlling them.

Looking forward to the Kneebiters, and everything else Grummz.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
One thing that appealed to me is how some could use their abilities and how sneaky some are.
Not all would be wondering in packs perhaps a few could break out of crystals or rocks while others take cover behind pillars and walls etc.

I like the idea that the sneakiest of them have cloak tech where they appear to phase through the walls.
The red part on the back could pulse the closer they are about to go bye bye kind of like how in the predator movie the self destruction sequence.

Also the brighter the light on their back is the more enraged they could be and the dimmer it is the more calm they are.

Particularly like the green eyes glow, i like that to be subtle at first and at night you see only the eyes followed by the back light in what ever state the tsihu could be in.

Once the sound is added with this make it even more better because i like sounds particularly odd one's or hightech sounding that add to what kind of tech/equipment these tsihu would use compared to us.

Some images:

clubtsihu.jpg
Band of Tsihu's they say see you!

tsihuinthewalls.jpg
Tsihu is the wall! Active camo

tsihumove.jpg
Tsihu hard stop, avoiding rocks!
Shadowtsihu.jpg
Tsihu in the dark, sometimes the heat is too much.

tsihuseeyou.jpg
Tsihu Guard, no one steps into our territory!

tsihuescape.jpg
Tshiu is free aah follow the light!

Attachments