true ingame support?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Firstly will the game have a way to submit bugs or issues in the game?
If not would the forum be the place to do that?

In firefall we had those apple folks with the little green apples above their heads they answered many questions
and helped that was very nice.

Then i was wondering what if we had those but also have a dedicated team ingame perhaps known as the
Reaper support Operative (RSO)

what would they do these (RSO)
Well these folks are for those who do not mind playing with anyone and help out so you could join them but whats the incentive here? Perhaps a shiny badge for helping the community and making the game that much more enjoyable & inviting for all.

Ideally could cover most of the time zone depending on how many played in the given time zone and duration!

It could also be a way to have a purpose in a game something that says you dont care if you die 1 billion times and willing to go that extra mile to help when you can!

Ranks with different marking on the badge/icon earned by playing and helping others that are rewarded by npc's and even the big Em8er cheeses!

* Tier 1 [RSO] Advanced Pilot - The first badge or icon very sleek
* Tier 2 [RSO] Astral Guardian - The second with a little more cool factor effect and symbol
* Tier 3 [RSO] Shadow Reaper - The 3rd this adds a glowing outline to standout and new symbol
* Tier 4 [RSO] Chromaleon - The 4th get a new symbol and colours change depending in your environment like a chameleon!
* Tier 5 [RSO] Vanguard - The 5th gets a super badge for your continued dedication

After Tier 5 you go to a Prestige rank returning to the first Tier but with e.g Tier 6 [RSO] Advanced Pilot **
(stars appear this goes up to 5 stars) The cycle would be needed to be done 5 times to get this, no rush this is long term and stars look nice!!!

That is not all you get a better reputation with npc's and players which can benefit in the long run such as npc's who may offer to help such as offering you some repair kits to some rare items etc etc

Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I'm sure Em.8ER will have in-game bug reporting and a forum section for that as well. i recommend a chat command that will show the player's coordinates, or something similar, so when bugged locations are reported the team will be alerted to that specific spot. Fae and I would run around New Eden or new areas and if we came across walls/rocks/etc that were bugged (could walk thru, or you'd be sticking half way outta the top of the hill, etc.) we would hit the chat with the coordinates, screenshot it, then post on a particular forum thread. R5 fixed a ton of the one's we sent in and I'm sure we will do the same for Crixa. :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Much better than having to write up a ticket
Me too unless its on the forums :D

I'm sure Em.8ER will have in-game bug reporting and a forum section for that as well. i recommend a chat command that will show the player's coordinates, or something similar, so when bugged locations are reported the team will be alerted to that specific spot. Fae and I would run around New Eden or new areas and if we came across walls/rocks/etc that were bugged (could walk thru, or you'd be sticking half way outta the top of the hill, etc.) we would hit the chat with the coordinates, screenshot it, then post on a particular forum thread. R5 fixed a ton of the one's we sent in and I'm sure we will do the same for Crixa. :)
This is like super hero stuff a beep would appear on your special bug radar that a bug is slowing the Em8er world :O

SUIT UP EM8ER TEAM!!! we have a pesky bug to deal with, your power gloves start to grow with POWER and type very fast because lots of codes!

Aug 14, 2016
The question is that will people still believe me when I tell them things despite it sounding odd? I remember a few times trying to explain things to players while I had that green apple by name only to have trolls tell the person the opposed what I said to spread misinformation and mistrust about people who trying to help. Systems that are designed to help people only work as well as peoples awareness of them and their trust in them. So the only think I would add to this topic that devs have to make it known to players that such systems exist from the start of the game. I mean like almost as part of the game's tutorial kind of easily.

I remember in a few early MMOs the last part of the tutorial was to message people like GMs and helpers. If you didn't need help you just sent a message that was auto ignored by them, but if you needed help message was sent to the person closest to you that can help. There was even a special help chat channel in some games, people didn't have to worry about their questions not being seen in the normal chats.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I think your right but also could be a notice that trust the green apple above the head folks/helpers
for legit information & those coming from devs and the rest from others may or may not be correct.

I remember when we had a phone scammer pretending to be our bank so naturally said sure and gave random numbers that we lived in the mountains and asked if he had climbing gear sadly hanged up i hope that person calls again hmm

I remember in a few early MMOs the last part of the tutorial was to message people like GMs and helpers. If you didn't need help you just sent a message that was auto ignored by them, but if you needed help message was sent to the person closest to you that can help. There was even a special help chat channel in some games, people didn't have to worry about their questions not being seen in the normal chats.
That sounds really good back then, good reliable support makes the game experience better and not always lost.

In my experience what put me off a game would be other players not all but some. They would invite you to join their group then kick you just for fun. I dont mind that unless it was a mistake.

I'd like to see a helper/guide who are willing to play with others no matter how turd things get. Some rage quit in the middle of a mission and some even blast out orders do this do that !!!! Anyways good help is hard to find it is usually trolls or bot helpers that just gives a generalized answer at times that doesn't really help much!

Saying that i have experienced some amazing players who take the time but they are rare!