The last movie you watched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
The Tick , amazon's pilot for a new tv series for this

http://io9.gizmodo.com/here-s-the-first-look-at-the-new-tick-in-action-1785473387
https://www.amazon.com/The-Tick/dp/B01J776HVW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471712683&sr=8-1&keywords=tick

It's weird.
It's like they decided to create a darker version of the Tick and then his character was all like, "No! I'm me!" and then Tick punched the authors until they let him stay as true as he can be.

The villains... wtf... the henchmen are stupid. That's normal for any movie.
But here... one super villian realizes that he got supers after him so he infects them with a virus that melts their eyes away and then he has his henchmen kill them with guns.

which was really traumatic for the young boy that just watched his beloved hero's crash land their jet (which the child has a toy of) into his Dad and then watch as they are all murdered by the villain. Oh and the dude also decided to scare him and steal his ice-cream before walking off in triumph.

that young boy grows up into the protagonist of this story. No ... not the Tick. His sidekick. Possibly. That guy has psychological problems. I'm not really sure if "the Tick" is real or it's something like a superhero version of "The Fight Club"

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
Yep. That was pretty good. A lot of series get axed before establishing a good, stable viewer base. Ravenswood was interesting too.
Not enough viewers to convince the overlords of FOX to keep the show unfortunately.
J.J.Abrams seems to have that bad luck with FOX. But then again, they do accept his pitches so there is that.

[edit]
Space Rangers! Holy shit, I haven't see that in years. A literal blast from my childhood.

Yrkul

Jul 27, 2016
And I saw this one earlier today.

A very interesting take on the New England witch hysteria, showing the viewer the perspective of that time.

Hmm. Now, where did I put my copy of the Malleus Maleficarium.

Edit: Happy Birthday, Punk. :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I have started this series has crazy aliens i like it :cool:

Anyone seen westworld the 1973 version?
looking forward to the new one has some good casts

Status