Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Firefall's Thumpers were really well thought-out:
  • The thumpers were called thumpers because they made a thumping sound.
  • They were clearly vertical mining rigs of some kind, which explained how they were able to get at minerals deep underground.
  • They had a readable and unique design that was somewhat believable.
Compare that to Em-8ER's THMPRs:
  • T.H.M.P.R is a clumsy acronym that exists only as a callback to Firefall. They don't thump.
  • They have a big cartoon drill glued to one arm, with which they stir topsoil until ore pops out.
  • They're generic-looking giant robots.
I like this thumpr mek one too it does still need much more work to look game ready.
1654864534826.jpeg
I kind of like the cartoony drill
What if it had a different drill part for different surfaces/materials and some less cartoony to go further just like there are different drill bits?

Saying that the idea of the personal thumpr for Em8er looks very good we will have different kinds of thumprs.

Another thought since we can only summon one Mek thumpr does that mean it is the same for personal thumprs and other thumprs. If we can have multi thumpr deploy then you can have friends/allies taking care of the other thumprs.

personal.jpg

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Firefall's Thumpers were really well thought-out:
  • The thumpers were called thumpers because they made a thumping sound.
  • They were clearly vertical mining rigs of some kind, which explained how they were able to get at minerals deep underground.
  • They had a readable and unique design that was somewhat believable.
Compare that to Em-8ER's THMPRs:
  • T.H.M.P.R is a clumsy acronym that exists only as a callback to Firefall. They don't thump.
  • They have a big cartoon drill glued to one arm, with which they stir topsoil until ore pops out.
  • They're generic-looking giant robots.
Well said.

Thankfully it's been stated that there will be multiple classes of mining tool which are all forever-useful and that'll still include more classic silo-style drills.

Maybe this means those more invested in one style of gameplay will gravitate toward them, and the uwu bunnygirl types can use their collectable giant mining pet.