Terib's somewhat weekly story About Tabletop RPGs

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Y'all, any of you who even is slightly interested, You SHOULD join as spectators on the discord i made, the adventure is extremely interesting, and reading through it, you'll find it to be a great story. I shall say no more ^^.
You can find the link to the Adventure in Faeryl's post above.

If you can't do or see much when you first join, it's normal, i haven't set anything to automatically give you the "spectator" role when you join, but i'm here almost all the time, so you shouldn't need to wait long.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
After a long hold, the adventure with the northern dwarfs continued.

After being dropped off in a small creek, safely hidden, a place Brownbeard used to take advantage of for smuggling, along with other not so legal activities. We set camp there, and a few of us headed outwards to explore the surroundings, as well as to take a look at the nearby village of fishermen.

After over a day, having passed near the village (and seeing it hadn't any real interest to us), we spotted a lone tower in a huge flat plain large of many kilometers. We decided to investigate, and perhaps get the chance for a better view of the area.

Several hours later, we entered the tower, but upon entering, having broken down the old wooden door which was stuck, said wooden door closed again, turned to stone, and the room changed, it was empty, except for the small pool of water in the middle, and 9 doors (counting the one we entered from), on each side of the tower.

We set camp there, as night was already falling, before investigating any of this magical stuff, a good night's rest would be appreciated. The next morning (or what we guessed was morning as we couldn't see outside), a few of us guarded the room, while two others explored, behind each door was a dark room (including from where we entered), after closing the door behind them, the explorers found different rooms behind each door.

The first was a room with coins made of gold, silver and copper.
The explorer decided to place some silver coins in some numbered emplacements which were available nearby, in front of a wheel of (mis)fortune, upon doing so, the wheel spun, and fortunately for him, one of said emplacements was what he got on the wheel. He gained some Intelligence points, and the door to leave the room opened. Which led him back to the main room the rest of us were waiting in.

The second room featured much the same concept, except instead of coins was small idols representing each of us. He took our slayer's idol and placed it, after a spin of the wheel, the slayer, who was in the main room we were waiting in, was teleported into another room. The explorer joined back to the main room once again.

The slayer was faced with a succubus, who had a human and an elf as bodyguards.
She offered him a simple deal, stay by her side forever as a bodyguard, or give up some of his beauty and leave.
After attacking the bodyguards and slaying them, he found out the succubus couldn't be harmed with his weapons, and accepted her offer to give up some of his charisma, which let him join back with us, looking quite awful afterwards.

Another explorer found a room with a pressure plate in front of a wheel, He decided to simply step on it, which triggered the wheel. However, what happened was all of his items were lost, suddenly gone, he was butt naked, and joined back with us.

The next room was, yet again, the room with a wheel and our idols. This time the explorer placed all of our idols on a single spot, and a few seconds later, all of us were teleported into an isolated room, each facing a bear, after each killing our bear with more or less difficulty, we were teleported back to the main room, in which a bit of an argument ensued between all of us for putting others in danger for no real reason. We did however all get stronger after beating the bear, which granted us +1/+2 in strength.

After this little issue was solved, the explorers all headed to the next room together, and there, they found it was actually a corridor with 5 statues on one side. (One represented a human slinger, the next represented a human with a throwing dagger, the following was a human with a javelin, the fourth had a bow and the last had a melnibonean bow) In front of said statues, on the opposite side of the corridor, were large empty pedestals, the slayer jumped on the one in front of the statue wielding a melnibonean bow, shortly after he found out he couldn't leave the pedestal, after attempting and failing at trying a few ideas he had to be able to leave, he threw one of his axes and hit the statue, while the statue also responded by firing an arrow. after exchanging a shot, a topaz fell from above and landed in front of the slayer, who could now leave the pedestal. He grabbed the topaz and his axe and they left the room, joining back with the rest of us.

The last room they entered was empty and featured 8 doors, all ligned up in front of them. The doors were too small for multiple to enter at the same time, and so all 3 picked a different door, only to find themselves on the backline of a chess game, two were the towers and one was a horseman.

After a long and almost deadly chess game, they won and teleported back to the main room.

That's all for this time, only played during the afternoon as not enough people were available for the evening, so it's a bit shorter than usual.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
mechadrive.com
I had to read this twice to make sure it wasn't Brownbread :D

She offered him a simple deal, stay by her side forever as a bodyguard, or give up some of his beauty and leave.
what an ass.... speaking of ass can a wizard turn a succubus into an ass?

The explorer decided to place some silver coins in some numbered emplacements which were available nearby, in front of a wheel of (mis)fortune
i had this in my head!

they won and teleported back to the main room.
1552825490458.jpeg
Its ok i am part french i like frogs not to eat just to pet
Look forward to next adventure!

Y'all, any of you who even is slightly interested, You SHOULD join as spectators on the discord
when does this take place is there a time and day that it happens?

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
when does this take place is there a time and day that it happens?
There's no real time when it happens, basically it continues once the key characters for the moment have acted, kinda hard to explain with words.

But what i can say is no matter your schedule, one should be able to keep up as it doesn't go too quickly, usually.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Found this fantastic map, which shows really well what the island of the diamond looks like, I'll translate the name of the locations below.

Tour de guet : Watchtower

chateau du nord : Northern castle

The cursed forest

Eau de boue : Muddy water
(dwarf village)

Tour de Yastronne : Tower of Yastronne

Plaines aux chevaux : Horse plains

Forteresse des nains : Dwarf's fortress
(the west gate we entered from)

Village barbare : Barbarian village

Pont de pierres : Stonebridge
(dwarf village)

(in the evil hills) Village de pécheurs :
Fishermans village

(Next to the Castle of the deers)
Village des cerfs : Village of the deers

(Below the evil hills) Swamps

Fishermans village

There's a lot more locations not shown on the map, but those are some of the most important.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
mechadrive.com
There's no real time when it happens, basically it continues once the key characters for the moment have acted, kinda hard to explain with words.

But what i can say is no matter your schedule, one should be able to keep up as it doesn't go too quickly, usually.
i cant seem to find it maybe i am just bad at this discord :oops:

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
New info which came up and is fairly important.

The southern dwarfs of Karak Izril and the northern dwarfs of the Karaz Ankor are VERY different.

Here are some of the most important differences :
(the southern dwarfs will now be refered to as "dwarves", for a reason you'll find out in just a bit)

-The northern dwarfs are much tougher, stronger and have different knowledge than the southern dwarfs, similarly, the greenskins and every foe of the lands are also stronger. Their physical build is very similar to Warhammer fantasy's, square, tough and strong.

-The southern dwarves, while weaker also have weaker foes, while their knowledge on runecraft is much lower, they have wizards among them. Rock sorcerer being the prime exemple. Their physical build is much like Tolkien's dwarves, can range from looking a bit like warhammer's, to looking like half-men.

-The northern dwarfs and southern dwarves both venerate the 7 ancestor gods, Valaya, Grimnir, Grungni, Smednir, Thungni, Morgrimm and Gazul.
However, the southern dwarves also venerate more gods, like Gaia, among others.

-On the subject of the Karak architecture, Karak Izril's road from the great hall to the northern gate takes a full day of travelling. You can barely see the other end of the main hall from one of it's sides. Similar to Tolkien's Moria.
The northern Karaks have extremely defensible and fairly tight corridors, Karak KazadAldrhun, their capital, has corridors that don't take more than 10 minutes to cross while running (for the longest, and at a dwarf's speed). The rooms are decently sized, with beauty and ease of defense both equally prized. You can easily see the whole great hall from one side to the other, with only a few areas being hidden by pillars.
The only weakness was an attack from inside by their own kind...

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
A new bit of info on the stormbringer world, The gods and their realms function similarly to the chaos gods in Warhammer 40K.

If people believe in a god, he will grow stronger and stronger, however the main difference is written information, relics and religious items linked to said god also increase his influence, which means a god cannot be destroyed completely unless every information about him is erased, and every person who believes in them is dead.

This means that the dwarf Ancestor gods were severely weakened, but thanks to the dwarves of Karak Izril also worshipping them, the effect wasn't as bad, however if every dwarf and dwarves had been slain, they would still keep on existing, due to the dwarf Karaks and every relic they have would be impossible to get rid of.

Another likely explanation as to why the dwarves of Karak Izril also worship the 7 ancestor gods as well Gaia and a few others, is that they most likely discovered in times long gone, relics and other information explaining the ancestor gods, which the dwarfs of the Karaz Ankor (the northern dwarfs) have always and exclusively worshipped. Learning about them, they no doubt started worshipping the ancestors along with their own gods.

Someday soon i'll post a new summary, this evening we played the dwarves of Karak Izril.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
mechadrive.com
The southern dwarfs of Karak Izril and the northern dwarfs of the Karaz Ankor are VERY different.
Wondered if there was dwarfs inbetween the North and south would it process both attributes ?

If people believe in a god, he will grow stronger and stronger, however the main difference is written information, relics and religious items linked to said god also increase his influence, which means a god cannot be destroyed completely unless every information about him is erased, and every person who believes in them is dead.
These people would hide and hide those writing do they have the writing on them tattooed?

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Wondered if there was dwarfs inbetween the North and south would it process both attributes ?

These people would hide and hide those writing do they have the writing on them tattooed?
There indeed are some dwarfs in between, they're slaves at the human capital in the great plain, however it's not known if they're southern dwarves or northern dwarfs.

As for the tatoos, that's an interesting point, a dead person with religious tatoos would probably count as writings.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Now for the dwarves of Karak Izril, two playsessions in one for this summary, as i was too lazy to write the last one before.

Having finished with the fleshy-tentacle creature which made illusions of precious stuff, the priestess decided to just say screw this and use her Elan to ask Gazul to teleport us back to the rest of the dwarves. Later on, Lothos summons us, as he learned, thanks to the lorekeeper and his twelve slayers, about some gates which we need to close to stop some creatures they'd found about from coming. Said creatures are linked closer to the earth than even the dwarves, and could very well make the walls of Karak Izril crush us all. Said gates were located near the mines and some Jewel-making outposts, which made a fair percentage of 100% of the miners volunteer to join the expedition. Along with some more dwarves. Multiple carts and chariots were then prepared to go close these gates, including one transporting beer, another transporting food and two others for random equipment.

Doing my job as a Ranger from the northern lands, I took the lead in front of the convoy to scout for ambushes or any problem of the sort, which turned out to be a good decision, as i soon spotted a horde of goblins in ambushing position, however, before being able to sound the alarm, i was hit by a poisonous arrow, knocking me out instantly thanks to a critically failed poison resistance roll.

But it wasn't that big of a deal, as the ones in front of the convoy were the twelve slayers, who had obviously joined us for this mission. Seeing me fall to the ground, they charged forward to rampage through everything that could be found, which also resulted in the alarm being sounded. While the slayers and some warriors handled the front fairly easily, some greenskins were also waiting in ambush at the back, which was even more heavily defended, resulting in a massacre without any loss for the dwarves and the greenskins routing in under a minute.

The convoy continued, with myself being healed back into shape. We soon arrived at our first environmental challenge, a bridge over a huge ravine in severe state of disrepair, which took us 2 days to fix sufficiently and for us to dismantle the carts/chariots, to move them and the goods they were carrying accross, and then put them back together again.

A few steps later, a goblin trap sprung on us, a giant boulder fell from the ceiling, only to stop at the top of our helmets instead of crushing us, typical goblin trap. The most badly injured by this trap had a slight headache.

We then continued on our way to the first gate, which we closed without much trouble. On our way to the second gate, another goblin trap was triggered, which opened the fake floor below the slayers, unfortunately for the goblins waiting below, it was the slayers. A short massacre later, the slayers came back, seeing there wasn't anything else to kill down there. Meanwhile, our rock sorcerer and I had explored a side corridor, as he felt some magical energy nearby. We soon found the secret brewery of Karak Izril, as it had been opened earlier by our lorekeeper and his slayers, who had already drank a fair bit of the ale stored there.

After showing the brewmaster, who was joining us on this trip, his future workplace, we continued forwards, and soon found an enormous cave troll, who was much tougher than any other troll we had faced so far. However, that didn't stop it from getting severely killed. We then closed the second gate, and started heading out towards the last one.

We were mostly laughing around during those playsessions, and the next one SHOULD be the end of the Campaign for the dwarves of Karak Izril.

Last edited:

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Greeter
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Well, i've waited long enough for this one, here's the end of the Karak Izril campaign :

After more walking, we soon came upon a path, which was below another path and above a ravine, we soon heard a group of greenskins from the path above us, however they seemed to be in very bad condition, badly hurt and wounded. They avoided us by simply continuing on their path we couldn't reach.
However, we also heard some creatures coming from below, and when we looked, we saw the Drow, they had come to ensure the dwarves of karak izril would not get back their home. They tried to fight an uphill battle and were defeated without too much trouble, however, Skalli Kandoom, the ranger from the northern lands, soon felt the mark, left on his neck by the Avatar of Loth, start to burn. He knew this meant the Avatar itself was coming. He rushed to his friend's side, the rock sorcerer, and warned him of the approaching danger. A very quick discussion later, they came to a decision, they walked to the edge of the ravine, and the sorcerer prepared a spell.

As the Avatar, a demigod, revealed itself, the sorcerer launched an enormous ice beam, using all of his and the ranger's mana, thanks to a magical ring allowing him to use the other ring wearer's mana as well.
44 mana later, they both fell to the ground unconscious from the amount of mana burned instantly.
However, the avatar also fell, the spell was much too strong, and unexpected.

Angering the slayers in the process, who couldn't find a glorious death fighting a demigod, they were put on a cart and they all continued on their way to the last door.

Not long after, they were ambushed once more, the ambushers were quickly disposed of, as usual, however, a rune of teleportation had been activated on the ground, which sent a carriage and one of our miners missing, they were by themselves as this happened right as the ambush started.
The two dwarves that were teleported found themselves balanced on a huge stalagmite. The miner managed to set foot on a nearby overlooking path, and attempted to secure the cart so it would not fall once the other dwarf tried to get off, unfortunately, one craftsmanship fail later, he fell to his death, near the portal below, which was the last entrance we needed to close.

Much thought later, after the ambush had been taken care of, the rune priestess found the teleportation rune and joined the miner, who was about to attempt something that was almost certain death, she used her elan to ask a favor from the gods, once more. Surprisingly, it worked once again, so she asked for the dwarf to be revived, for the three of them to be teleported back to the rest of the convoy, and for this cavern to crumble, burying and destroying the portal in the process.

Facing only a little opposition on their way back to Karak Izril, they returned to their home, partially reclaimed, but now safe. The dwarves had much talking done, mostly political, and they soon started preparing to reclaim the other half of Karak Izril, which means the great hall, the northern gates, the mines 2 and 3, the temple as well as the eastern part which wasn't under their control yet.

1565213102765.png

Perhaps in a few years, this final part will be revealed, but victory is assured.
Is it the last you've seen of Karak Izril and the dwarves for now? You will discover that soon enough.