Slow progress

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Was referring to star wars, and nope i like Avatar the last airbender more, not doubting her character is good much prefer the previous to be honest.

Guess i'll see next time i check in
Same here and something has to happen or will go down a rabbit hole and forever get lost!
1721816548722.gif

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Was referring to star wars, and nope i like Avatar the last airbender more, not doubting her character is good much prefer the previous to be honest.
Same,TLAB definitely beter in terms of story, pretty high bar too imo.

There's going to be a new series, earthbender, more in future times.

Same here and something has to happen or will go down a rabbit hole and forever get lost!
View attachment 6031
It's not beating the scam accusation for sure imo, non of this is helping. Like at all. Gasoline to a fire.

What then rubs me the wrong way at this point is that there was a lot of good will and funding for a project to have a real shot. I assumed this was in the bag because of that initial spark.

Another project could have risen and done better (pretty low bar at this point) but em8er took the wind out of those sails.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
The closest we have at this point is HD2. Still a long way off but maybe if they keep adding stuff and pull a Warframe (social hubs, zones with more players, etc) it might keep creeping closer to a Firefall esque game.

The initial success might inspire more similat style games as well. When FF was new sci-fi MMO(lites) were a huge gamble, no vertical progression a non starter. Times have changed, if FF would release today it would probably do way better.

There is still hope :p

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There's going to be a new series, earthbender, more in future times.
Hmm hope that it won't be rushed and filled with too much modern poop.

The closest we have at this point is HD2. Still a long way off but maybe if they keep adding stuff and pull a Warframe (social hubs, zones with more players, etc) it might keep creeping closer to a Firefall esque game.
We sure want Em8er to make bigger strides.... I decided to call my clan Gnomestrike thanks to the mess up of crowdstrike also the alliance is Fart Seige of overwhelming odds that reapers must do to survive!

1721949675528.gif

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Do you have a statement Mark? Or are you banned from this forum as well?

I don't think many former Firefall fans would be upset with Ronin taking over while you focus on, saving gaming, on X. It's xlearly important.

It, imo, could be cool if em8er would turn into a non profit, open source project. I mean, many mods do pretty well.

Are we not in favor of "the gmrz".....

Grumz?

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Do you have a statement Mark? Or are you banned from this forum as well?

I don't think many former Firefall fans would be upset with Ronin taking over while you focus on, saving gaming, on X. It's xlearly important.

It, imo, could be cool if em8er would turn into a non profit, open source project. I mean, many mods do pretty well.

Are we not in favor of "the gmrz".....

Grumz?
1723315088968.gif

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
*shrug*

Can't blame me for trying. Neither for calling it out.
It's a damn shame imo with all the funding and goodwill, to end up here.

Something with glass houses....
Something with the weakest link...

As a final piece of advice Mark. The saying goes; "Give a man enough rope." I've seen it many times. I wish you luck on X, but there's a pattern there. Humans are patterns.

Don't tell me, it doesn't feel familiar.

I'll go one step further. You can't help it, it's stronger than you. Like a deer in a headlight.
To each his neurosis.

Last edited:

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
So....

Fair question.

At what point is mutiny allowed?

My vote for Captain King, still goes to Ronin.

If he is up to it.... ofc.
It's standard procedure. If the captain ain't fit for duty, next in line steps up.

I've budded heads with Ronin many times, which is exactly why i trust him.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Maybe i should make a poll and find a way to send it to all remaining receivers of the mail address.

Let's be honest though. We all know what it would say.

Am i being too subtle?

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Hopefully last ranty bit about this.

Look, i always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, even when i probably shouldn't.

• No website revamp (with the last twitter twats invasion i can't blame you, i highly doubt this is the audience that will make the game)
  • No character creator, even though a deadline was set and we were willing to be very lenient on this
  • Questionable updates on even the rewards for backers, with no communication (now it's gone, now it's back, idk lol, YOLO)
  • Not even minor updates to the playable demo, which is the ONE most requested feature, even smaller updates would be appreciated. This is IMO the bare minimum. A tweak to guns, a tweak to JJ, a basic day night cycle. ANYTHING.... A new color for the mech, again, ANYTHING.
How do you expect us to feel after this? Really, how would you? How would anyone.

I recently read your quote about player vs developer Mark.... Seriously. Then what is this?

I'm gonna take a break from checking again. This is making me too negative.

Oh and on the "new players wouldn't appreciate the non textured enemies"....

Look around you Mark. There's no one left but us....

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hopefully last ranty bit about this.

Look, i always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, even when i probably shouldn't.

• No website revamp (with the last twitter twats invasion i can't blame you, i highly doubt this is the audience that will make the game)
  • No character creator, even though a deadline was set and we were willing to be very lenient on this
  • Questionable updates on even the rewards for backers, with no communication (now it's gone, now it's back, idk lol, YOLO)
  • Not even minor updates to the playable demo, which is the ONE most requested feature, even smaller updates would be appreciated. This is IMO the bare minimum. A tweak to guns, a tweak to JJ, a basic day night cycle. ANYTHING.... A new color for the mech, again, ANYTHING.
How do you expect us to feel after this? Really, how would you? How would anyone.

I recently read your quote about player vs developer Mark.... Seriously. Then what is this?

I'm gonna take a break from checking again. This is making me too negative.

Oh and on the "new players wouldn't appreciate the non textured enemies"....

Look around you Mark. There's no one left but us....
My feeling on this is that

1) Communication does need to improve in the forum and other areas so we can at least know what is actually happening at the various stages rather than making second guesses to conspiracy theories.

2) When there are too many big cheeses or ideas potentially crossing or stepping on others toes the direction can be rather scattered or halt in a particular area. Who is the big cheese and does the big cheese have control of the ship direction?

3) Updates / chief chats was shown on twitch at one time, however i wasn't able find that anymore.
After realizing this was moved into discord, issues with family did take priority.

4) I have said it before with regards to the Em8er forum, and still believe that this should be the focal point. To create more involvement with the community and move forward essentially.

If for some reason the work is overwhelming and help is required perhaps the community can take some work load off depending on what the task is.

Perhaps there is a community team and a Crixa team so that while the Crixa team works on the main aspects. The community team can focus on bug hunts, mods, feedback and tweaks that can be considered or even implemented by the Crixa team.

Those in the community team can earn stuff for helping improve the game/site such as unique cosmetic specific to them e.g. for myself a gnome hat etc Also who knows the possibility to be part of crixa team down the road may create an opportunity?

Am i being too subtle?
Have a feeling your only on 3rd gear if you bumped it to 6th gear the shake would be so intense.
1723384732900.gif

I've budded heads with Ronin many times, which is exactly why i trust him.
Never headbutted a Ronin must be an experience not many forget!

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
I noticed you finally posted something em8er related on your twitter account.

You might not want to reinforce this type of behavior in me. But i took notes.

Now....

Can we do this with or without me staging an intervention?

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Howdy guys!

I have two points to make.

1: Complaints are allowed, so feel free to voice them as long as you civil. So far it has been and I really appreciate that.

2: Grummz "game politics" twitter content is not to be discussed here. It doesnt matter whether you agree with wholy, partly or not at all. It's simply not a subject for the Em-8er community.
We remain a watering whole where everyone can simply play games together without that noise.

Other than that, carry on!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Grummz "game politics" twitter content is not to be discussed here.
I am assuming this is also for Em8er discord too?

If anyone wants to discuss this, would that be on the twutter or other platforms?

Pleased to see someone finally reply from the Em8er team & are there any updates to look forward to?