Remember STAGE 5 TV?

Do you like the idea?

• Total voters

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Will em8er have something like the old STAGE 5 TV from RED5?
Where the company could produce videos about the game and crixa, and live action trailers or even movies using cosplayers?
Do you like the idea?

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Please no. Video updates yes, sideprojects no.

No offence Grumzz, but what were you thinking?

kILL IT QUiCK!!! Before it lays eggs.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I'm a no. IMO the Em.8ER Dev Team should work on Em.8ER exclusively. Crixa Dev Team should work on the tabletop universe and rules exclusively. As the word gets out into the nerd, sci-fi, gaming community, etc. the YouTube vids will arrive on their own and hype will/should grow.

With that said...if there happens to be a situation where there's a really good vid out there...maybe the Devs should contact that individual (or team) and make an offer to purchase that vid's rights and add it to the Crixa/Em.8ER website and/or YouTube channel. IF the budget allows AND it would make sense to have the team(s) own that vid.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What i'd like to see in Em8er tv in the future

- Guest appearance such as artists, streamers, devs, writers etc it is interesting to know the team, the individuals and how they shaped the game and their thoughts.

- The game updates/patches because we all want to know the latest, and any changes/fixes for em8er!

- Challenges,competitions, give away, special occasions e.g Night of the melding, etc

- Behind the scenes to get the perspective of what goes on and appreciate all the hardwork.

- An em8er community spotlight where random member are selected and highlighted on the channel who they are e.g. a light omniframe who is a medic and likes aubergine! They could type back or speak about what they are doing and their proudest moments etc

- Em8er comic, cosplay and Ominframe overview so we can see the cool costumes, community discussing the fun comic in relation to the game and even the crixa board game how to play and the overview of different omniframe variants players have made, including the disadvantages and advantages in alternative scenarios and the tactics that could be used etc

- Last but not least em8er Gathering once a week or month all gather in the heart of em8er main hub for mech pile ups and motorbike cliff jumps etc. All tagging along gets players who have not met before but also to goof off and get a chance to have fun with the dev's too keeping the community spirit of em8er!

But maybe live action trailers could be less expensive than CGI ones.
What if they had some way where it starts of as a live action where folks are play acting in cosplay some larp adventure to flowing into a comic style with POW and KABLEWY caption etc and then flowing to cgi where the cool effects and things appear.

I'm a no. IMO the Em.8ER Dev Team should work on Em.8ER exclusively. Crixa Dev Team should work on the tabletop universe and rules exclusively. As the word gets out into the nerd, sci-fi, gaming community, etc. the YouTube vids will arrive on their own and hype will/should grow.

With that said...if there happens to be a situation where there's a really good vid out there...maybe the Devs should contact that individual (or team) and make an offer to purchase that vid's rights and add it to the Crixa/Em.8ER website and/or YouTube channel. IF the budget allows AND it would make sense to have the team(s) own that vid.
Still think the dev's should at least have their own vids even if it is not as regular but still have the community do most of the vids.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
What i'd like to see in Em8er tv in the future

- Guest appearance such as artists, streamers, devs, writers etc it is interesting to know the team, the individuals and how they shaped the game and their thoughts.

- The game updates/patches because we all want to know the latest, and any changes/fixes for em8er!

- Challenges,competitions, give away, special occasions e.g Night of the melding, etc

- Behind the scenes to get the perspective of what goes on and appreciate all the hardwork.

- An em8er community spotlight where random member are selected and highlighted on the channel who they are e.g. a light omniframe who is a medic and likes aubergine! They could type back or speak about what they are doing and their proudest moments etc

- Em8er comic, cosplay and Ominframe overview so we can see the cool costumes, community discussing the fun comic in relation to the game and even the crixa board game how to play and the overview of different omniframe variants players have made, including the disadvantages and advantages in alternative scenarios and the tactics that could be used etc

- Last but not least em8er Gathering once a week or month all gather in the heart of em8er main hub for mech pile ups and motorbike cliff jumps etc. All tagging along gets players who have not met before but also to goof off and get a chance to have fun with the dev's too keeping the community spirit of em8er!

What if they had some way where it starts of as a live action where folks are play acting in cosplay some larp adventure to flowing into a comic style with POW and KABLEWY caption etc and then flowing to cgi where the cool effects and things appear.

Still think the dev's should at least have their own vids even if it is not as regular but still have the community do most of the vids.
What you're saying looks like the old Firefall Live at fridays, can we have something like that as Em8er Live?

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal

I think that in the old Stage 5 TV they had a team only for that separated from the game team.
In this case crixa could have a team only for the videos for crixa universe (ember and tabletop).

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
**I would like to see more consistent video updates. Maybe because we are still in the pre Kickstarter stage I look forward to the videos like an addict waiting on the dope man.

**I like the idea of "spotlighting" frames or special features as pandagnome suggested above.

**Monthly giveaways of Em-8ER shwag?

**Also in the old FF Beta forums there was always a help thread on crafting and gameplay tips and tuturals. Since Em-8ER will be a bit more complex in the crafting area than FF I would like to see in depth tuturals on crafting and gameplay. Helpful especially for the casual player.

**Hmmm. What else? Maybe more special skins like navels and assless chaps for your character?

**Last but not least an option to have an Aero WAFU.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I'm a no. . . . .

I must say, I'm with Wyntyr on this one, I'm going to say no; and not just because he's my hubby.
The dev teams for Em-8ER and Crixa tabletop RPG game, BOTH need to stay laser focused on core mechanics and base content, respectively, for the foreseeable future.

As a separate Milestone, I could support this idea but, not as a part of the current funding/Kickstarter.
There is a lot of work to be done before Em-8ER reaches a launch date; and even after.

A wise person once told me, . . .
"Timing is everything."

:cool::cool::cool: 8 FOR EM-8ER

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
<insert picture of the Firefall bus>
Wait, are we going to use this to advertise the game?
My prediction that they will use Drones to deploy cats resembling kaiju's near the entrance to fend off gate jumpers!
1552217509622.jpeg

or

1552218223626.jpeg
Geesuit pilots on zip wires with various messages such as Go Em8er, Glide, fight, survive, Em8er.com as they zoom down. At night with light up suits!!!

**I would like to see more consistent video updates. Maybe because we are still in the pre Kickstarter stage I look forward to the videos like an addict waiting on the dope man.

**I like the idea of "spotlighting" frames or special features as pandagnome suggested above.

**Monthly giveaways of Em-8ER shwag?

**Also in the old FF Beta forums there was always a help thread on crafting and gameplay tips and tuturals. Since Em-8ER will be a bit more complex in the crafting area than FF I would like to see in depth tuturals on crafting and gameplay. Helpful especially for the casual player.

**Hmmm. What else? Maybe more special skins like navels and assless chaps for your character?

**Last but not least an option to have an Aero WAFU.
you read my mind :D