Question about the $1500 backer perks

WHOA

Jul 5, 2017
If a Max Kahuna liked the Kaiju Slayer perk, do they back again for it? Or are they entitled to it?
For example, if a Max Kahuna wanted a Custom Gun skin.

Same goes for the other way around (say if a Kaiju Slayer wanted a custom T.H.M.P.R.)

Just wondering about the difference between backers milestone to milestone, stretch goal to stretch goal, at higher perk levels.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Hi WHOA. Welcome to Em-8ER.

Those who backed heavy likely don't see themselves as amazing. And each max backers motivations are likely as different as the individuals themselves.

But to answer your question, the Milestone 2 page at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ember-massive-planetary-wargame-videogames/x/14573513#/ shows that Max Kahuna backers receive "ALL rewards for future funding milestones up to and including final Playable Mockup milestone." The playable mockup milestone funding has now completed.

It doesn't however work the other way. There are benefits for backing early. At the same time, that doesn't mean there won't be more chances for people to have exclusive custom Thmpr skins in the future. Exclusive means exclusive to you (or me), not the opportunity itself being exclusive. But that also doesn't guarantee such opportunities occurring again either. There were very few such opportunities in Firefall, and they are considered expensive to make. Only @Grummz knows for sure.

You can however be rest assured that there will be lot's of opportunity to fashion frame to your hearts content.

WHOA

Jul 5, 2017
Thanks! Whatever the motivations may be, I'm glad there is support for Em8er from them and all the backers. Everyone is amazing to me! :]

Renamed title for clarity.

So I guess I'm still bit confused on how it's all written out. Indiegogo is new to me. Sorry! Apologies if this conversation is better suited privately to the organizers. I don't want to imply or insinuate anything that wasn't intended.

There are two notes on the Max Kahuna:
  • Receive all rewards of all other perks (likely contained the milestone)
  • ALL rewards for future funding milestones up to and including final Playable Mockup milestone.
Kaiju Slayer Perk notes:
  • ALL rewards here to playable mockup (same as Max Kahuna's 2nd note)
  • All Prior Perk Rewards (likely contained within the milestone)
This makes it seem like there is a difference between a "perk" and a "milestone". Perk would be contained to that Milestone 2 funding, while all rewards for future funding milestones means all the perks of future milestones (M3, M4, etc.)? So, Kaiju Slayer wouldn't get M2 but they would get M4, M5, etc.? Or does it mean the stretch goals for each milestone not the perks itself? Meaning Max Kahuna won't get a gold frame since Perks aren't "rewards" per say.

Again, apologies if this conversation is better suited privately to the organizers. I don't want to imply or insinuate anything that wasn't intended.

Kailow_Krow

Firstclaimer
Feb 25, 2017
Yeah, I was hard on cash, but I pray I might be able to get the custom banner reward or something else costume at some point in the future. I'm curious if I back heavy again in the future will I get multiple copies of the game? Might be able to convince a few of my as of yet unconvinced friends to play if a free game is on offer.

Jul 2, 2017
USA
With funding now complete this is kind of a moot point but for clarity. The milestone 2 max 1500 backers get all stretch goals and all perks to include the perks for the milestone 3 kaiju slayer perk. The kaiju slayers only get the perks for being a kaiju slayer and all the m3 stretch goals.

Because of how well the m3 went there will be no more funding before kickstarter which will be a separate campaign with different perks and rewards. If funding had continued they would have been granted all future stretch goals and perks on indiegogo.

As far as I know in order to get the kickstarter stretch goals or perks you will have to donate at least 1 dollar for stretch or appropriate amount for perks even if you were a kaiju slayer or max during the indiegogo.