quality of life options

Aug 14, 2016
Just a side note I have been told by a friend that was in the Guadalcanal fight and said they used a color blind guy as a sniper spotter as he could not see the camo and the sniper then had no cover, therefore becoming an easy target. I wonder if they still do that( use colorblind people to spot snipers )?
There are upsides and downside to everything. Most normal "disabilities" often have a few advantages with them the problem is those advantages by have little to no use in normal everyday life in the modern world.

For example, a lot of people think A.D.H.D. (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) means that a person with it can't pay attention or focus on things but in reality the reverse is true. People with A.D.H.D. often have the ability to hyperfocus
this allows them to notice and react to things that most other people can't. Before people started living in big cities and still relied on things like hunting and gathering to survive A.D.H.D. helped you and your tribe avoid danger and better find hidden things. Having the ability to pick out the one odd sound in all the other sounds in nature or spot the one out of place group of leaves in some bushes could mean the difference between life and death for you and the people you are with. But in modern times with most people living in cities and working inside office building those same natural survival traits can get in the way of your job as any out of place thing will draw your attention or if you are bored your mind will look anything to focus on until something interesting happens. In most normal jobs this is a bad thing, but in jobs that need you play close attention to detail of a lot of different things at once is a good thing. Jobs like firefighter, law enforcement, and news reporter some of few jobs where having A.D.H.D. is an advantage because of the fact you notice things others can't with can mean the different between life and death.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
We may be pressing buttons several 100s of times during gaming and much more if your work revolves around computers too.

Could there be options to reduce the amount of button pressing and save our fingers such as:

- Hold down a button to repeat action that usually need to be repeatedly pressed until released e.g. shooting
- Weapon fire mode changes semi, burst, auto for the players preference and it could still work on any weapon the difference may be the reload speed / cooling / Recharge rate.
- With the use of an official Em8er macro add on to use for e.g. craft and go through a series of sequence cutting, - extracting - fusing - crafting process.

A reminder to take a break after a certain amount of time in Warframe they have this as a little message appearing.

Perhaps the A.I could pop by on the screen and say "Hey Pilot, noticed you been hard at work
would like to remind you to take a rest, a Reaper pilot has to be in tip top shape you know!"

There could be a simple guide to quality of life for the individual such as
- Posture of the player sitting / kneeling down etc
- Amount of room lighting so that it puts less strain on the eyes
- Keyboard / mouse wrist support to foot rest for comfort
- Eye exercises blinking and circles after a duration
- Stretches for the neck, shoulders, fingers, back etc
- Hydration and food to maintain energy and help in concentration
- Take a good sleep it is important to switch off too!

This way we are also considering lifestyle tweaks and to be able to maintain a better balance with gaming and time outside of that enviroment.

Aug 14, 2016
One of the things I always liked in some games was built-in clocks and alarms. Where the clock showed both the sever time and my local time, while also letting me set a number of timers and reminders. This was a great help to me personally because I don't have any clocks on my desk or in the room I'm in. So unless I remember to set times on my cellphone I can easily lose track of time. But in the games where they had a clock built into the game itself it was just easy for me to set up timers for things. Like show up on this map at this time because the dungeon rest and new loot respawned. Or my guildmate tends to log on at this time and only plays for this long per day because they have young kids to look after, so I can plan out things to do within that time limit to play with them and not risk them being in the game for to long. Or I can set up the timer for myself reminding me that this is the latest that I can play the game and still get enough sleep to not be tired at work or this is how much time is left in the event so turn all my event points for rewards before it ends.

To some people something like adding a clock and alarms to a game might seem pointless and silly. But to those of us with differently wired brains keeping trick of time might be harder than you think. For example, I have A.D.H.D. and when I'm in my hyper focus state I'm able to block out many things that would normally time you how much time has pasted while doing my tasks. For example things like feeling hungry or sleepy are things that just don't happen while I'm hyper focused. So I can't always trust my bodies internal clock to tell me things because while in that state those things can be easily blocked out. Again one of the survival traits of A.D.H.D. that was designed to let to push beyond our normal limits to find things like food while also ignoring things like hunger can backfire on us in this modern times.