Orbital Comm PvP Recreated in UE4

Status
Not open for further replies.
app id 480, spacewar, is the only free app id through steam that devs can use to test their game. Anybody who looks up what Spacewar is will quickly learn that it was a game that moved on but the app id was kept for testing purposes; not suspicious.

To get my own app id I would need to sell the game on steam. I have no intention on making money for this project and...for any future projects. The Region Lock issue is a fresh issue that I haven't had time to really tackle. I do know changing from Steam to something else will not break the core system, only the ingame menus, thus I am focusing on building the core until I can find an answer to change to.

Amazon and Google are options but I learned to use Steam in Blueprint and for now it ain't broke so I won't fix it yet. I will revisit breaking away from Steam over the course of the project but no promises.
the thing that makes it look suspicious is that pirated games use 480 as id to hide that they are pirated. and the rest is just devs, cuz yeah the game is a demo for the Steamworks api. and you dont even need to sell it, you can just make it free to play

Status
Not open for further replies.