Ok, due to life has been awhile...... What is a Newcomer?

Roxhound

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Feb 6, 2017
Greetings,

So due to life i have not been on the site much. I am a Commander/Terraformer with the monthly patron since the start. Now i see this Newcomer listing.

So is this all new items, with a all new cost? Do i get the newcomer stuff being a terraformer? Or is it a whole new cost, on top of the origional. Also since i get a game as a Terraformer, do i get another one as a newcomer if i get that level?

Just kinda confusing to come back to.

Thanks for anyone who can explain this.

Roxhound

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The prior Terraformer pack is from the M3 fundraiser. Those packs are no longer available for purchase. The Newcomer packs are the packs that are currently available to purchase. If you have a pack already, of either group, you can upgrade them under your account info via the website. About 30 days prior to the Kickstarter purchasing and upgrading packs will cease. The Dev Team will give notice prior to that cut off so folks have a bit of time to do either before that gets turned off. Hopefully this info helps.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Hello there @Roxhound !!
I'll do my best to address each one of your questions individually.

Thank you, @Wyntyr you are correct!! :cool:

Those who already own a Backer Pack from the IndieGoGo Milestone 3 Campaign, aka: M3, or a Newcomer Backer Pack, can upgrade them if they so choose up until 30 days before the Kickstarter, then they are gone forever.

The Dev Team will give us plenty of advance notice of when this is coming, but for now they are still available. PLUS, PayPal has been added as an officially supported payment method for backer packs on the website (but not for subscriptions).

Now for your questions...

So is this all new items, with a all new cost?
The short answer? Yes. They are all new Backer Packs with different costs depending upon the pack. Further details follow.

Background on the Newcomer Packs: Since M3 ended, newcomers to Em-8ER had been asking for an opportunity to back the game. So, Grummz and the Dev Team created the Newcomer Backer Packs for folks who missed out on prior campaigns to purchase them directly from the Em-8ER website.

Each Newcomer Backer Pack has a name and its cost listed on the Newcomer page, which can be found here: https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/5.

There are a few items that overlap from the M3 Backer Packs which are also in the Newcomer Backer Packs.
To be clear, the Newcomer Backer Packs DO have some original perks of their own as well.

Do i get the newcomer stuff being a terraformer?
In a word? No.

Or is it a whole new cost, on top of the original.
The IndieGoGo Milestone 3 Campaign Backer Packs and the Newcomer Backer Packs are two completely separate campaigns.

Also since i get a game as a Terraformer, do i get another one as a newcomer if i get that level?
Your M3 Terraformer Backer Pack includes one copy of the final game.
Each Newcomer Backer Pack purchased includes at least one copy of the final game.
Visit the campaign page (linked earlier) to see how many copies of the final game each Backer Pack has.

One last item that may assist you:
One of our AWESOME community members who also happens to be one of my fellow Greeters, @Shadow , created an AWESOME website that allows folks to compare the Backer Packs from the M3 Campaign and the Backer Packs from the Newcomer Campaign. You can also cross-compare to assist you in deciding if you would like to purchase a Newcomer Backer Pack!! Here are BOTH pages on his site:

Compare M3 and Newcomer Backer Packs:
http://gatestrider.one/legacyPackcompare

Compare Backer Packs within M3 or within Newcomer campaigns:
http://gatestrider.one/packcompare

I hope this answers all your questions!!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!!
Cheers!! ~ Faeryl, Em-8ER Greeter

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I don't have it all worked out yet, as I was browsing quickly, but I have my old M3 titles and can upgrade from those still to the equivalent new comers packs, but with the older titles. But I have a $1 giveaway still from the forum raffle and that upgrades to the new comer titles. I thought I saw a price difference between the two upgrade paths. Need to actually investigate this. But, packing the family up for a road trip into the mountains and hiking to a couple waterfalls!

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
I don't have it all worked out yet, as I was browsing quickly, but I have my old M3 titles and can upgrade from those still to the equivalent new comers packs, but with the older titles. But I have a $1 giveaway still from the forum raffle and that upgrades to the new comer titles. I thought I saw a price difference between the two upgrade paths. Need to actually investigate this.
Hey Mahdi!!
I'm not quite I fully understand your reply. o_O But from what you wrote, let me see if I can clear things up for you; refer to my response to Roxhound above as well.

Your FIRSTCLAIMER Backer Pack is from the M3 campaign.
You can still upgrade this but
ONLY to one of the higher tiers of the M3 campaign (Base Commander or Omni Ace).

The $1 giveaway you won during the forum raffle is from the M3 campaign. This can only be upgraded to one of the higher tiers of the M3 campaign (Scout, Deepscanner, Terraformer, Tsi-Hu Hunter, Firstclaimer, Base Commander, or Omni Ace).

I thought I saw a price difference between the two upgrade paths. Need to actually investigate this.
So to be clear, these two campaigns - the M3 Backer Packs and the Newcomer Backer Packs are completely separate campaigns. Backers can NOT cross-upgrade NOR cross-purchase.

Let me know if this clears things up for you!!

But, packing the family up for a road trip into the mountains and hiking to a couple waterfalls!
Oooh, that sounds AWESOME!! I hope you and the family had TONS of fun!!
See you soon!! Cheers!! ~ Faeryl

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Oh I know all that, Faeryl. I meant it look like that two campaigns have equal package perks but was a difference in upgrade price. You would think the $1 would be more due to a bigger difference, but looked like that was less than my M3 difference. I'm sure I was looking at the wrong package comparison but that was my point of investigation here this morning.

*Edit*

Alright, yes I was looking at the wrong package comparisons. But I did end up with a question. I'm thinking of upgrading to Omni Ace but when I read that list vs equal value Shifter, I see differences. Is there carry over for the same value pack from being a backer of all previous milestones? Or maybe just get the new comer pack? That's where I guess I need a refresher.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
New comers

"$499.95 USD SHIFTER
TIki themed dropship. Commemorative dropship variant with Tiki inspired paintjob and mesh adornments. Tacky? Only if you hate Firefall.
Omniframe Build Name Reservation - The first time players in the game make a new combination of abilities, weapons, passives and frames, they get to name it. All other players who then use this buildout will inherit the name. This perk allows you to reserve a name so that nobody else can claim it when you get your chance to name your unique Omniframe build.
MAX Variant Unique Dropship (Only Archon and Ark Liege).
MAX Dropship comes in orange, purple & chroma
Bad Backer decal - Used on vehicles,, frames and as a spray
3x Test builds and Playable Mockup.
3x Final copies of the game.
Razer CHROMA Founder Dropship Skin.
3D Printer Files - Kaiju model.
Reserve Character Name.
Forum Ribbon.
Razer CHROMA Founder GeeSuit V2 Player skin (M/F).
Founder Dropship, Unique Model (Blue/Yellow Skin).
Founder GeeSuit V2 Player skin (M/F).
Carbon Fiber (Special Shader) Omniframe skins, 3 Versions (L/M/H).
Forum Tag.
Founders wall.
PDF Design Book."

Vs equal $500 value:

OMNI ACE
$500.00 USD
NEW PERK: Group Bikes - Call down a temporary one-trip bike for everyone in your group. Bike will be the 2-seater M3 bike. If you have the single seater Python Bike Skin, you can choose which bike to call down.

RECEIVE 3 COPIES of the M3 Mockup
RECEIVE 3 COPIES of Final game

Receive 3 copies of the M3 playable mockup, and 3 copies of the final game (if fully funded). Includes: B/W Custom base banner, founder geesuit, Omni-Ace forum ribbon, credit on founders wall, character/omni shooting build, 3D printer files for THMPR bust, FOUNDER OMNIFRAME skin, RESERVE final character and GUILD name, Founder THMPR emote pack, Deepstrike THMPR Skin, GOLD Omni-frame skin. PLUS: Turret #2 Pet! (This is a 4 legged, walking turret that fires cosmetically, it is an homage to a certain game cinematic - Final Game). NPCs will salute and greet you by title as you pass them (final game), THMPR art build, PDF vision book, eternal gratitude.

I know much of future packages of equal tier carried over for M3 backers. Even with differences in descriptions, dies the M3 still get all that is included in the new comer?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Newcomer Backer Back
vs
M3 Backer Pack

I know much of future packages of equal tier carried over for M3 backers. Even with differences in descriptions, dies the M3 still get all that is included in the new comer?
The M3 Backer Packs do not get ANY rewards from the Newcomer Backer Packs.

The Newcomer Backer Packs do not get ANY rewards from the M3 Backer Packs.

I hope this clears up any confusion!!
Cheers!! ~ Faeryl