New Forums are Live - IMPORTANT MSG FOR GOOGLE/FACEBOOK/TWITTER Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Another thing you might want to do is set up a discord.io so that the Discord server is easy to remember.

Just another thing ON THE LIST! :p:p:p:p

I know metro for windows was a thing, I really liked the old forum style. I know the classic is old fashioned but it's easier to navigate.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Idk about others, but the thing looks kinda ugly, especially forums header
Am I doing something wrong, @Grummz ?
I think the graphics look awesome on the site overall! But the problem I'm seeing doesn't occur until you get to the "... /TWITTER Users" part of the title ... the light blue sky on the background there between the chains makes it difficult to see the white text.

Is there a way to put a very, very narrow text box around the text title, but that would still allow for some transparency to see the graphic? Either that or maybe choose a different slice from the concept art that has more of the dark colors to place the white text for titles on? For example, maybe his arm span; or move the character towards the right more (in the slice)? I do like the slice you chose though; and I bet I know why. ^_^

Now for the changes made ...
I like the darker color behind the thread posts; it is easier to read.
I notice that the two smallest font sizes don't seem to be working for me (size 9 and 10). :confused:

Is this bold at all? It should be.

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Before I adopt the tag of unofficial forum bug tester, the avatar in the top part of the image is distorted and should look like the corrected version below.

View attachment 1516
I don't know what causes that distortion. It's likely the theme we use. Unfortunately due to thin resources, we won't be diving into theme CSS to debug their stuff. At least not for awhile.

Apr 9, 2018
Text is too fat and letter spacing is squished so close together.

I get that these new practices are designed for the new wave of 4k display users, but it's far too cramped on even a 1920x1200

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Portugal
not sure if this is the right place to post this, but on my browser (Windows 10 Opera) the profile pic on the main bar (on the right, below the search bar) is a bit... squished.

1523614163954.png

Jul 26, 2016
Australia

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I will admit the dark theme was special the mystery of space and all that :D
The new theme is pleasant and safe its inviting as well.

Having the option to switch to which ever theme could be nice

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
I will admit the dark theme was special the mystery of space and all that :D
The new theme is pleasant and safe its inviting as well.

Having the option to switch to which ever theme could be nice
I think that's a surprisingly good point, This new forum theme is made to represent the world EM-8ER, what it looks like and such, but we do have a spaceship, so space might be a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.