Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
UPDATED:
MOST COMMON ERRORS:
1) Emails are case sensitive
2) If, on Step 3, you enter your IndieGoGO address and it says it is claimed, skip this step and manually add it under My Account.
3) CLICK ALL EMAIL verification links. Backers get 2 links: one for account, one for IGG.

Hi everyone!

In preparation of adding an official Em-8ER account system that will unify your game and forum accounts, we've upgraded to the major new revision of our forum software. Xenforo 2 is the new version of our forum software and it changes a lot of what is under the hood. We had to have Fillmore and Xeevis port our old Devtracker, Discord and other plug-ins to work with the new version of the forums.

So, Welcome to the new Em-8ER forums! We hope you like the new theme, layout and functionality.

As part of this, however, we've disabled Google/Facebook/Twitter logins, you will have to use "reset password" in order to get a new password to be able to log into the forums. If you have trouble with this, use the Discord link above to let us know right away so we can fix it.

We disabled these options because Google API was having an issue with Xenforo 2. Also, as data privacy becomes more important, we decided it was a better protection of people's privacy if we didn't use their login services, which would have fed them information. We respect your privacy!

We hope you enjoy the new forums and see you can expect me to be very active on this this week. Thank you!

- Grummz

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2017
Not really a fan, hard to navigate, and it's not very sleak. Images in background makes it harder to read the text in the foreground.

Curious how it'll work with the linking... When StarCitizen did it I more or less lost my early pledge, because I didn't convert in time.
Haven't really pledged anything noteworthy though, but it'd be neat to not lose out on the cheap things I did pledge for.

Meower

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
Okay okay okay, seriously. these new forums are incredible. Love the effective and efficient layout. Great style. SO excited to see this moving forward!!

Muoteck

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
The front page is cluttered af and hard to read a glance, especially with those pictures and animation. At least subforums are functional and readable :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like these animations :p :cool: they make it more interesting and divide the different topics.

Some tweaks to the forum here and there it's going to be great!

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
Functionally it's good, but could look better
Front page needs more dimmed images or shadow on the text, it looks way too busy and some text is hard to read.
Screenshot-2018-4-9 Em-8ER.png
Yeah and the image header for the topic needs some margins for text and reply button inside. Also I'd make the outline with rounded edges for it so it has the same style as the posts in the sme format below.

BG color for profile header is way too close to text color
Screenshot-2018-4-9 Account details.png

Even though the theme is alright, I feel like there's barely enough contrast between text color and bg color on posts, dark text is actually easier to read for me on this bg. Darker theme would help.

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Forums are up!!! Excellent work Team Em-8ER!!!

Now for the critique...my only initial concern is the color scheme...specifically the lite text in lite post box...I think I'd rather have the slate blue as the post box color and the sky blue as the web page background...if those are the color choices. I can't switch them to see it in action but I believe it would be better. Also the mouse pointer when in the text window for replying is SUPER lite and very hard to see where you may be placing the cursor or highlighting text. Other than that I'd like to play around a bit more before giving any additional feedback as any other changes may just be a learning curve issue because of the new format and/or layout (the colors are right in your face so I wanted to go ahead and let ya know).

:):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.