New Em-8er Build - Unreal Engine 5 test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

punkbuzter#6186

There's more...
This is as deep as I'll dig, completely editing this post.

My Vsync is broken, and it appears that thousands of other people are experiencing the same thing whether it is about ENABLING it, or DISABLING it. Mine appears to be forced ON. There's nothing I can do about it so no FPS testing for me.
It appears this is a Windows 10 issue specifically, with reports dating back as far as 2017 (possibly even further back in time) for both Nvidia, AMD and Intel users, might even be a problem baked into DX12 since I don't have this issue on either Vulkan DX9 or DX11.

Next section about this post will be about Em8er specifically.
The graphics settings in the game menu is wack, and here's a guide to replicate the issue in the UE4 demos:

1. Log into game and press ESC.
2. Go to Graphics tab and change the Preset to LOW, now notice how non of the parameters have changed below. (you might need to set it to MEDIUM first and relog for it to work)
3. Change the preset to EPIC, and note that this time everything did change to EPIC.
4. Click Apply, then click Accept, and quit the game.
5. Start the game again, press ESC and to go the Graphics tab and notice everything shows up as MEDIUM again.
By this I mean it's possible to increase the values but not decrease unless you have increased something first.

Now, we move to the UE5 demo and we'll take notice of previous issue, but this time we add another setting into the mix, the Mouse Sensitivity:

1. Log into game (take note that your sense is off and doesn't feel right).
2. Press ESC, and take notice of the sensitivity values.
3. Do not change anything - But click Apply, then click Accept. Now you'll notice that something changed. But is it better or worse?
4. Try changing your sensitivity to 5.0, hit Apply and Accept. But did it change anything? Mine didn't.
5. Hit ESC again and open the Graphics tab, in here you'll see that the options are missing text, click on Presets and play around with the different values and you'll notice that nothing changes... The texture quality, the post processing, the anti aliasing, the character detail, it's all the same regardless of settings.

So here comes the crux with the UE4 and UE5 demos... If changing settings in the UE5 demo doesn't change anything, but after some wacky workarounds in the UE4 demo settings does change, how can we compare FPS between the two when nothing adds up? We need the same settings to align to verify if FPS is better or worse, but without knowing what settings the UE5 demo is (what appears to be) locked at, how can we compare it to anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikki

Omega Founder
Aug 29, 2016
Finland
it was surprisingly smooth experience on unreal 5 engine, only down side i had was try to keep fast movement during running and from it try to hop to gliding same time when both are triggered by same key right now. Continues movement start to stagger because of it. I hope in future we can have change different keys for both running and gliding. Overall Fps was staying smooth when run game with both ultra settings and lowest settings (probably going to change when terrain textures are added)

Last edited:
My specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)
Intel (R) Core i5-6500 CPU @3.20GHz 3.20Ghz (maybe I can increase that...)
Memory: 8GB
x64 Win10

On FULL EPIC settings:
Got 22-30 FPS while looking at the ground, gliding, running, shooting, striking, slamming...etc.
Got 40FPS looking at the sky.

Not bad, considering the settings are on max, but...I'd like a constant 60FPS, without losing quality. Need to get a better rig, I guess. Not much else I can do.
Oddly enough, setting anti-aliasing to "low" and shadows back to just "high" didn't seem to do anything, maybe got +4-5FPS, maybe. Couldn't really tell, it still dipped to 22.

Setting everything to "high" didn't get me above 30, barely noticed a difference in FPS.

I did see a rather noticeable difference between anti-aliasing set to "low" vs. "epic." The ground textures were all...fuzzy, not pretty.

But, apart from all of that the environment looks fucking fantastic. So does the frame and all the effects so far. Gliding feels amazing. :cool:

BH5432

Omni Ace
Jul 28, 2016
This could be worth a look
Unfortunatly That didn't work. And I have also tested and I cannot run the UE4 version either (art demo) Still throws the same error and everything I see says I'm missing .DLLs but it wont tell me what ones. I have all the directX stuff. Made sure I have all the .net stuff. All me drivers are up to date. Now I could run it on my old system (that was like 7 years old) before I made a new PC and reinstalled windows so there is the good chance I am missing something thats required for UE to run.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Unfortunatly That didn't work. And I have also tested and I cannot run the UE4 version either (art demo) Still throws the same error and everything I see says I'm missing .DLLs but it wont tell me what ones. I have all the directX stuff. Made sure I have all the .net stuff. All me drivers are up to date. Now I could run it on my old system (that was like 7 years old) before I made a new PC and reinstalled windows so there is the good chance I am missing something thats required for UE to run.
Ah darn was hoping it could work ok, i am sure will get to the bottom of this the Reaper detectives are on the case!

deprite

Forerunner
Jun 22, 2017
*moved it from the wrong thread to the correct build thread*

In the Em8erUE5TestClient when i call down a Thumper and let it hit me on purpose I see a explosion and get logged out immediately. I cant login into this sever again since hours.

It Happened in the US and EU instance.

Oh yes, a "Save Logindata" would be highly appreciated :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Did you get this issue resolved?

zyprezz

May 6, 2018
okay I'm getting around 30-45 fps @ base alpha on epic

specs
3800 ryzen
16gb ram
rtx 3070
1440p

1)
there seem to be some (minor) clipping of the feet on the dropship model and on some of the ground not on the gray untextured ground only on the rocky ground.

2)
feet and running speed not completely in sync

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thumper hit me, or should we avoid that in future?
You know what would be good just like those parking sensors that bleeps as you get closer to another car but in this case your pilot suit would say HEY Bleep followed by the time for contact.

Then just like when ed-209 says you have 10 seconds to comply but in this case its probably 1 second hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.