My faith is starting to wane

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Let me tell you something about fandom.

People have called me a star wars fan, a marvel fan, a dc fan, and so on. I am not. Why? Yes, I know a lot about all 3 universes, I watch the movies, I play the games, but thaat is only because i enjoy them as movies. When people tell me that TLJ is trash, or the prequels, or Captain Marvel, I simply don't care. They are fan because it matters to them that a movie was or wasn't good. It simply doesn't affect me the same way. So no, I am not a sw/dc/marvel fan.

I am, however, a fan of Em8er. I cheered hen this game was announced, I was impatient when the builds were late, I was elated when the recent announcement about abilities came. And make no mistake, I still am a fan of this game. However, I'm beginning to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. It's not just that the terrain demo is late, I could've accepted that. No, what bugs me is that big g announced that he realised getting builds out faster rather than polished is better, and that the terrain demo, while imperfect, would be released in two weeks.

That was about 2&1/2 weeks ago, and while I wouldn't say there's been no word since then, I have to wonder...do we really need to see jetpack demos in a stream? It just makes me wonder if we have another anthem on our hands.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Keep the faith , we all have a bit of doubts that creep when time or deadlines are not met.
When things are late it is annoying i remember my friend said to me pick you up in 1 hour time...
i was 4 hours late oops... he still waited for me !

That's because sometimes things get in the way like traffic jams, accidents, late shift swap, an injury, not feeling well, feeling tired, medical issues, family commitments and waiting for a replacement washing machine to be delivered etc etc etc

We all have seen the work in Firefall so why do we doubt now hmm
sure it is a smaller team working on this, sure there isn't a corp backing it, will there be more delays possibly its to be expected i would worry if it was months without word.

what bugs me is that big g announced that he realised getting builds out faster rather than polished is better, and that the terrain demo, while imperfect, would be released in two weeks.

That was about 2&1/2 weeks ago, and while I wouldn't say there's been no word since then, I have to wonder...do we really need to see jetpack demos in a stream? It just makes me wonder if we have another anthem on our hands.
I think he meant getting them out faster so can get our feedback because then can see what needs to be done since its more tricky to change things once things are already done i am guessing.

Every little update matters even if its jetpacks or Grummz tap dancing with a kaiju for 20mins .... never know!

but seriously trust in the team and give some time its like going on a journey

1558435160340.jpeg
enjoy the ride!

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I get this feeling pretty often, then I forget about Em8er for the most part and go play another game. Currently running through a game called Dark Places at the moment. It's not the best game, but the atmosphere and music makes up for it.

Then I see an email drop in my box or a video in my subscriptions from Grummz with an update. I watch, and the cycle repeats.

I find it's best not to focus too much on Em8er and the timelines. Games take time and, unlike Anthem, time is being spent well here. I think Grummz and the team have a strong enough vision and desire to make this happen, might as well let them do their thing.

Just my 0.02c.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Grummz isn't very good at giving ETAs, and that's something i've noticed for a long time, he also seems to have gotten quite distracted with the weekly streams he's attempting to set up now, no surprise. But in the long run Grummz will deliver so i'm not worried, having been there since the first few days of this project, it's not a couple of weeks of waiting that are going to make a difference on the 2 years i've already been here. And i'm certain there's still a couple of years coming before anything solid like an alpha version of the game arrives.

I don't doubt EM-8ER happening, but i found out the best way to deal with the wait is acting like it doesn't exist, while showing some support when you can in whichever way you can.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
don't doubt EM-8ER happening, but i found out the best way to deal with the wait is acting like it doesn't exist, while showing some support
Personally too difficult for me especially with firefall out of the picture waaaa & i am a bit obsessive :p

When i get overwhelmed by those questions and over looking things go for a run around and play basketball or ride my bike very far and sometimes i play a game or 2 and practice some parkour stuff basic movement just like the game early start perhaps when the game is completed hope to be a good lvl in parkour hmm

Sometimes pretend to be a thumpr and visualize how would i get into my house and so drill a hole underground and go to the basement. Tthink all thumprs will live in the basement they would have an underground network for all thumpr meet up

On holidays they will have thumpr freestyle dance off and battles most people would think its earthquakes but its not its just happy thumprs !!!

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
I find it troubling that everytime there is a new part of the game, we have to buy it. Starting to look DLC on some games. I don't mind having to purchase a good game, but every time there is something new is getting old when this is a new build and there will be lots of new stuff.