Music!

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019

dear lord, i got drunk again.... i still stand by everything i said, just the way i said is was not chill. Apologies. I tend to get a little cringlelord when drinking.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019

Agreed. Take care of yourself. Your body IS a temple. but, sometimes the flesh is weak and sometimes, that's fine too, imo.

I mean, you're a ghost, in a flesh machine, hurdling through space at unimaginable speeds, on a ball of dirt, next to a ball of fire. It gets weird sometimes.

The trick is to find the balance, i'll let you know when i mastered it...

Last edited:

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Good for the soul

Waves of the right note make the body work to continue with a driven thirst.
On that note, i found great success with micro workouts and a bit of HIT (high intensity training)
So far i've noticed i can get away with two sets a day and combining walking (not just to the store, get out in the woods) with sprinting, even once a day is enough. (i mean the days, you feel like going for a walk, if you don't feel like it, don't).

I always try to min/max my workouts. One arm pushups, no prob. Start on an incline work your way down. As an example, it is an awesome full body exercise. It is not as difficult as it seems.

As you age, this stuff is important. Find a rhythm that works for you and i promise, you'll see results. Slowly though.

Now back to drinking myself to death....

Last edited:

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Are there no gymbros to challenge me?

I'm sure there's a couple in the em8er fanbase. Can you, do a one arm push up?

(start on an incline, work your way down. at most a couple of months).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Are there no gymbros to challenge me?

I'm sure there's a couple in the em8er fanbase. Can you, do a one arm push up?

(start on an incline, work your way down. at most a couple of months).
Yes able to do one arm push up they can look good very impressive with a finger or a few fingers have not done that ... need my fingers :D

One thing most of us forget is balance and flexibility that is quite simple to add such as balancing on 1 leg. Progressing to closing your eyes to make it more challenging for how ever long you can do on each side.

Then to make it more challenging add something unstable such as a bosu ball or wobble board.

Stretching got to do it, after a previous injury have maintained this religiously and that has helped to keep with my recovery and improve my flexibility.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, don't go to far with the fingers.

You're messing with joints and stuff. Grip strength is important but better more reps than higher intensity. imo. I tried to push it myself too, but there are better ways to train grip strength.

I mean, it looks cool to do a Bruce Lee and two finger it. But no....

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yeah, don't go to far with the fingers.

You're messing with joints and stuff. Grip strength is important but better more reps than higher intensity. imo. I tried to push it myself too, but there are better ways to train grip strength.

I mean, it looks cool to do a Bruce Lee and two finger it. But no....
Pull ups and chin ups those are tough some say they do 50+ although there 1 rep is half so exaggerated for sure!

Legs is important i see many with chicken legs and big upper body focus!
1723496303178.gif

An exercise that i really like is the weighted sled i use this for my warm up which is a push and pull!
1723496490838.jpeg
1723496509650.jpeg

Escape from the gym to refuel

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Pull ups and chin ups those are tough some say they do 50+ although there 1 rep is half so exaggerated for sure!

Legs is important i see many with chicken legs and big upper body focus!
View attachment 6038

An exercise that i really like is the weighted sled i use this for my warm up which is a push and pull!
View attachment 6039
View attachment 6040

Escape from the gym to refuel
Especially as i get older i love "dad strength" exercises. You can get creative with it. The reason i pointed out one arm pushups is that the majority of dudes in the gym got a good bench but they can't do one (seriously, statistically speaking) and it is actually an easy exercise.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
As an example, one exercise i love is "opening jars". Basically take a cylinder shaped object, even a can while full will do and just twist.

As hard as you can. Isomertic.

Dad strength. Really, why else would you train?