Mission without OmniFrame

Oct 29, 2016
I was bored and then it got me thinking.
Imagine a dead broke pilot, having no OmniFrame to pilot cause most of it got destroyed, had to look for a job and finish it personally on foot or getting carried or something. Contents for no-mech mission or something, battling with your small pewpew, scouting a deep cave with small entrance, running to your mech for your life from Cat 3. Or we would spend our time more with OmniFrame?
Would we be able to battle optionally with the pilot only?
Would there be something important that the pilot has to come down from the OmniFrame?
Forced to do something with no OmniFrame?

I might have missed some similar discussion somewhere.
Also, I have no idea what to put in the title. And to be honest
I just like the idea of using the operator from Warframe, with his/her own special weapon and the only way to damage Eidolons shield/ignore damage resistance from the sentient (Although, both action feels like a chore now), just feels like, even the one that controls, can also defend him/herself without his/her greatest tool

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
It has been mentioned that surviving a battle without an omniframe will be nigh impossible. The Tsi-hu themselves are as tall as the omniframes and the beast form is built to tear omniframes to shreds. Little chance of a human getting through battle alive, on foot.

The pilot will have a weapon but that is meant to be the last resort. Without the abilities and the protection an omnirame provides, the pilot will mostly spend time running and hiding while waiting for a replacement omniframe so that they can get back into battle.

Also, missions are not in the current plans for initial launch. Grummz has stated that the game at launch will be focused on open world thumping, invasions with crafting and upgrading. Any and all other content will be added in future updates depending on the success of the game.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
SINCE WE RABBIT FOODS ARE ALMOST MILITARY-LIKE ORGANIZATION.
THERE'S A DESK JOCKEY JOB FOR YOU.
WE WERE JUST SURVIVING AND KEEPING OUR FRAMES ALIVE TO AVOID THE BLOODY PAPER WORKS.

GOOD LUCK, SLAB.
IF YOU GET CRUSHED FROM ALL THE AVOIDED PAPER WEIGHTS, YOUR SACRIFICE WILL BE HONORED.

Harven

Commander
Jul 28, 2016
Well its really awesome they have focused their money on whats important. But I will just add to this idea because is awesome!

I like the idea of it becoming like a survival game when your omniframe is destroyed, kind of like Dva in Overwatch, but I guess longer. Would be cool if it becomes kind of Dark Souls level but still playable and fun. Like, you can still have fun after your Omniframe is destroyed, but your playing tactics have to change.

But adding to the topic fo the post, if the future, if the game succeeds, they can take more advantage to the idea that the TsiHu are these very powerful beings, and add content like the one mentioned. Areas that omniframes cant reach. Or maybe very, very rare missions where you lost signal with the people that send you the omniframe, or you are lost in an area and nobody knows you arw there, with no omniframe. You would have to escape from there without getting captured. You need to be very careful. Jumping puzzle maybe? Or more of a tactics based mission. It would be refreshing if eventually we have this.

Also, the rarity of the mission can Increase the quality. Like not because it was good, it will be spammed everywhere. But like the old days of Firefall, there were things that only happen rarely, like when the doors of an Ares mission would close and stop youfrom leaving. Those were so cool. So, rare missions like these would give the world more of a feeling of wonder, that there are things out there in em8ee that are still yet to be discovered.

Just a thought lol.