Mech vs Kaiju Gamebook

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
Today as I was searching for content related to mechs, I found a kickstarter for a gamebook with some coincidences with this project, and I couldn't help but giggle to myself.

The kickstarter is for a [insert dramatic pause here], Mech vs Kaiju Gamebook called "Ronin 47"!

b0281294cf528fb3e7eb488d3303b55e_original.jpg

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonathangreen/ronin-47-a-mech-vs-kaiju-ace-gamebook

You heard me right... Mechs, Kaijus, even @Ronyn is there ;)

Jokes aside, these gamebooks are pretty cool to read and play, because of the way they work, basically adding interactivity to a media that is usually pretty static. They work similarly to TTRPGs, with dices and character sheets, and the book is your game master.

RONIN 47 is an interactive science fiction novel, inspired by the Legend of the Forty-Seven Ronin from Japan. YOU decide which route to take, which perils to risk, and which of the monstrous creatures and rogue robots you will meet along the way to fight. But whether you succeed in your quest and avenge the deaths of your fellow Samurai-pilots, or succumb to the rampaging kaiju, will be down to the choices YOU make.
YOU are RONIN 47!

Last edited: