MARKET? Currency, minerals, bank and mindfucking

TRADING MARKET

• Total voters

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
On discord, i got this thought about markets, where player trade goods with other player. WITH WHAT? MONEY?

Though i remember something about minerals as currencies.
So how many of these minerals can be stored? Like 500 each? Where others minerals need to be refined for better quality.

1 $€£=1 iron
10 iron = 1 steel
100 steel = titanium
ETCETERA ETCETERA ETCETERA BLABLABLA

So, let say I need 10 magmarite (rare mineral) for my EXPLOSIVE SHOTGUN

How can or should that one person sell it?

EXAMPLE:
2 MAGMARITE FOR 100 TRITANIUM
or optional
1000 steel+34 titanium+10 tritanium

WHAT DOES THIS LITTLE COMMUNITY BRAIN SAY ABOUT THAT CRAP OF MINE?

Well, if we use resources for modding and such and we don't necessarily want an equivalent of Crystite>Beans>Merchandise, then using certain quantities of various resources could be a thing.

And prices should vary, in that you could pay for something with a bulk of other resources if you don't have the combination of the necessary ones, as in your example at the end. A merchant or tuner has a part to sell to you, or can make a certain part for you, out of a set of resources e.g.: 10 of X + 5 of Y + 1 of Z (with all three being of different rarity, even) would make up for either the price of an item, or the blueprint for it, through which it can be acquired/forged. But it you got, say, 20 Xs and 10Ys, you can forgo the Z and either get the item for paying more of the other stuff or since you missed a rarer element, you wouldn't get the complete version of the coveted item, but a weaker one. One that is missing a certain buff or other effect/stat bonus.

With that said, as much as I found the conversion ratios mental, at the beginning, I quite liked that one could eventually get almost every cosmetic and other items by converting their Crystite to Credits (and those to Beans, if they needed to go that far and couldn't find stuff on the market, only the bean store). Besides Ember's equivalent of Crystite, we could have other resources we could convert to in-game "credits", if we're going with that system. The rarer the minerals the more difficult it would be to collect it, enemies attacking our thumping operations would be more vicious and more numerous and the more "credits" it could be worth. 100X=1U 100Y=2U 100Z=3U.

Refining minerals, essentially converting X to Y would be weird, in all honesty. Or there should be a limit to what type of minerals we could convert to what type. Something that should make sense, even within the boundaries of sci-fi.

Should we have daily limitations to such conversions and such things? If we'll be essentially trading resources, we shouldn't have a daily limit on conversions and the amount of business we could conduct with them.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
WHAT DOES THIS LITTLE COMMUNITY BRAIN SAY ABOUT THAT CRAP OF MINE?
You probably need some thermite ammo for that shotgun. Or rabid vermin. Either works. On one of the other less important matters at hand ...

Refining - This is a time sink. It's important in games that are FTP as it enforces an inconvenience that people might pay to get around. But if this game isn't FTP, it shouldn't be needed. Unless it offers a way for someone to get less better mats from more inferior ones. But it's already been said that taking bigger risks by mining for longer is how we will gain better mats. Since that's a base game play motivator, alternative paths around it should not exist. I'd even be against a market being a way around it. Let's avoid a situation like Firefalls market, where the mats were were mostly worth more than the items created with them.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
While I realize that the THMPR is going to be an important part of our gameplay, this is supposed to be primarily a shooter, so anything that gets in the way of that should be kept to a minimum. I would minimize any need for a marketplace or a super complex and time consuming crafting system. Keep It Simple Stupid as the saying goes.

Only have a handful of actual elements to search for and mine, say 6 or 7 (and no quality system). 80% of the output goes to the corporation that hired you. 15% goes towards building the base and the player keeps 5% to use for their own purposes. 5 or 6 thumps should provide enough resources to build a full kit of mods weapons and abilities. Anything left over can either go towards additional gear or sold to your corporation as a "store credit" that you can use to purchase some luxuries. Again I would avoid the whole need for a marketplace.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I think that different minerals should be used for crafting a la firefall beta 1 (as opposed to all those other betas) where different minerals with different qualities would be combined to produce gear. However, spare resources could be donated to the war effort in exchange for currency used for trade. This would allow people to choose between crafting and trading, like someone might focus on using minerals for crafting while some might trade everything in for tradeable currency, as well as adding to the lore that the reason we are there is to collect resources for whatever governmental body broght us to the asteroid in the first place.

eRuss

Commander
Sep 8, 2016
image.jpeg
tl;dr version:
1life = 1fluffy bunny

Good thing yer immortal, eh
GO KILL YOURSELF 100 TIME TO GET A POOL OF FLUFFY BUNNY. GO FOR IT! BEFORE I 'PLODE THAT POOL INTO MEAT SOUP.
Ok, I got a pool and a bunny now what? Sorry I could only afford 100 dumb bunnies or 1 badass bunny...

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
View attachment 413
Ok, I got a pool and a bunny now what? Sorry I could only afford 100 dumb bunnies or 1 badass bunny...
I hate to be a spoiler, but there's nothing really badass about a bunny lounging on a pool mat with John Lennon sunnies and a bandanna around it's neck. Cool, maybe. Relexed, definitely. But not badass.

If you could find an image of a bunny riding a harley into a redneck pub and doing a burnout, that would be badass.