Lore Drop: Em-8ER history. Chief Chat this Saturday at 2pm PST

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

I have no clue...but...good morning! o/

Pandagnome likes this.
  2. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Thanks for all the fixes! That's why the draft is posted! I'll go fix em later today.

EvilKitten and DarkCisum like this.
  3. Rocketeer593

Rocketeer593 Member

I agree! More like a lore bomb than a lore drop!

4. MattHunX

MattHunX Player One

Quite a lore!

Like the writing.

Like what you did to the alternate history. The mention of famous historical figures, scientists...etc. and their progeny. I particularly like the part about "irrational nationalism." It seems to be a common problem today, with my country, but especially with the US. Irrational nationalism and patriotism that is based on ignorance (of both history and the present) is dangerous. It should be eliminated. However, in the lore, they went too far with their rationale-based governing. From one extreme they defeated, they became the other extreme.

Also, I cannot help but wonder what part the Enshigi will play. I'm really getting a Collectors-vibe (Mass Effect series). Enigmatic. Ominous.

While I'd jump at the chance for a life-span doubling miracle gene-therapy or some such I can dig ^ that. ^

And since it's been centuries, these folk are already a product of those who had increased life-span and advanced medicine, so even if they are choosing to forgo any further wonder drug and the miracles of ever advancing medical breakthroughs, they're already made of tougher and healthier, more durable stuff than all who came before them.

Aha! So even outside of their MEKs, they can still have tech in their jumpsuits that can give them some extra muscle and durability in harsh environment and possibly more stamina for sustained sprinting and the like. Interesting. Reminds me of the suits from FireFall, really. Only less apparent, perhaps.

Damn, so the environmental conditions meant that they had to wear suits with tech in them, just to go about their everyday business. Jeez!

Reminds me of that one Stargate SG-1 episode. *sigh* Still, by far, the best sci-fi series, completely in its own league. Yes, even better than BSG. Suck it!

Pandagnome likes this.
  5. DropnLock

DropnLock Member

I have read the full story thus far......

OHH MY FRACKING GAWD!!!!!! Grummz.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE see if you can enlist some of the top Si-Fi authors to help flesh out the stories.... WOW..... Such detail in such a medium sized blog post. WOW...... I WANT MOAR !!!!!

6. DropnLock

DropnLock Member

I too found this a bit on the annoying side..... Reading the small paragraphs on one side and then scrolling back to the topto read the other side.....

203 likes this.
  7. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Okay, I fixed the spelling errors you all pointed out. TY!

https://em8er.com/lore-drop-em-8er/

If you see anything else, please let me know before this goes to print in the book!

8. 203

203 Member Kahuna M.A.X.

this layout doesnt work on websites and i hated it in the lore pages of warhammer and shadowrun.

EvilKitten and Rocketeer593 like this.
  9. Rocketeer593

Rocketeer593 Member

Aye, its like the front page of a newspaper, but that format only works because it has multiple topics. This is just one topic, so a regular formatted document with double spacing should do the trick.

EvilKitten likes this.
  10. 203

203 Member Kahuna M.A.X.

even the equipment pages were formated like this and made it a pain to quickly look up something you wanted to show or explain.