Lets talk character resets

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Firefall got into trouble early with its beta policy of always being on 24/7 in early beta (too early!) and promising never to wipe chars. This combo created a huge issue for designers as systems were not just ready to promise or keep up with this.

Ember will have weekend testing or other forms of reasonable limits restricted to backers, and won't start a general beta until much later. Progress will be wiped before launch on anything but the PTS servers, most likely.

Jul 27, 2016
Firefall got into trouble early with its beta policy of always being on 24/7 in early beta (too early!) and promising never to wipe chars. This combo created a huge issue for designers as systems were not just ready to promise or keep up with this.

Ember will have weekend testing or other forms of reasonable limits restricted to backers, and won't start a general beta until much later. Progress will be wiped before launch on anything but the PTS servers, most likely.
Given that we'll have limited time to do testing, I'd hope that those beta/alpha testing do pointed and succinct testing, much like QA would, in addition to "how fun is this?". Will there be an online portal for feedback and/or reports?

Beerdog6

Firstclaimer
Aug 1, 2016
I would not have a problem with character resets between major updates. in alpha /beta I think this would be preferred. You would need to figure in time for folks to progress, or have selected players test out specific mods.
like homework. Give out assignments with the equipment.

Nellana

Jul 29, 2016
In other words back to the be weekly tests we had in firefall in early closed beta (Alpha). Thats good as long it is well communicated what you guys want to crash and burn. I am used to focus testing things.. been beta testing games since the days of Command and Conquer.. ohh westwood how i miss teeeh.