Is consistency important to you?

Alfonso

Commander
Jul 29, 2016
like you can clearly jump 1 meters from the ground.
but you can't jump over a fence that is 0.025 meters off the ground because there is an invisible wall on that fence that is 1.5 meters.

yeah... that can get annoying.
That is what I hate the most in many modern RPGs...
You can jump on top of a dragon's neck and deliver the final blow but a fence is still too strong.

Alfonso

Commander
Jul 29, 2016
Perhaps OP is asking if a lot of things should be consistent between Firefall and Ember? As in, carrying over a lot of things from that game to this one? I'm still not sure we all understand the real question, but we're trying to answer the question we think is being asked, so we're making progress.
That is my bad. I think I was trying to say about what everyone could easily agree on but assumed that people wouldn't. Then made examples that didn't match very well to pursuade others.

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
That is what I hate the most in many modern RPGs...
You can jump on top of a dragon's neck and deliver the final blow but a fence is still too strong.
The fence they were referencing is in minecraft though.

At least it works both ways. You cannot jump over it, and the zombies cannot either.

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Ladders or trap doors are better for underwater breath pockets then the fence. Also good for clearing water out of sunken temples.

Silly minecraft and its absolute block rules that lets it distort physics.

Jul 26, 2016
Also, it's nitpicking, but I wouldn't argue that Windows Explorer has the most usable interface. Usability is highly dependent on the user. Some benefit from an even simpler looking UI like the Nautilus UI in more recent versions of Ubuntu while others can figure things out easily on their own and benefit more from having lots of features at perhaps the expense of a clean, simple UI.
a powerful feature set doesn't have to look like a mess.
Windows Explorer is a reasonable example(and one everybody will know) of this, it achieves a relatively robust feature set and cosmetic set(for different style data/people), while not looking like something as ridiculous as this.

all i was saying, is that given a choice of two extremes between designed to look like a movie, and Windows Explorer, i'll take the functionality.
for a game ideally the goal is something that isn't a mess and has a wide feature set, while still looking as a part of the game. absolutely.