I'm skeptical

I see people confusing the Guildwars 2 dynamic event system with Firefall's. They were very different. GW2 had fixed locations. Firefall was fully dynamic in location. The full system was supposed to also vary the nature of the encounter depending on time and location. Different things were supposed to spawn based on location or on time of day. Also when 2 dynamic events spawned near each other, you got emergent gameplay (like Nados going after Thumpers). Also, these events were supposed to be hooked up our our AI Director which was designed to manage the pacing and flow of dynamic events to players..and never implemented.

As for ARES missions, they were not dynamic events in the original sense of what I wanted.

No open world online game has done this, and Firefall never finished it. Ember will.
so... can it theoretical happen that the whole map merges into one giant warfront "quest"/event where every player has to do their job TOGETHER to end it? :D

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Carnage, dude, I am glad you stepped up and unloaded. Now you are spent and have no more angst to bring to these forums.

Mark, keep doin' your thang mang! The support speaks for itself.

There will never be a way to convince people on the truth of information sources. Kern has gone out of his way to state his side of things. Redit is a bloody joke but I have personally known a few that have the mind set "with that many people saying the same thing it has be to true" with Redit, wow is our society in trouble.

Bottom line of this is, people are either going to hate on Ember, sit back and watch Ember or shrug it off as a 'no chance' game. Then there are the people who freely make the choice to pitch in and give support. Not a single type of these people are wrong in any way for their perspective. Trolling and flaming here at the Ember site would be simply viewed as rude.

Pardon me on my broken record moment. .7 and .8 FF beta was the peak of its time. Kern is responsible for that. We all know what happened on launch. The resources, thumping, depth of crafting and manipulating the constraints: flawless delivery. Now were some mechanics broken? Yes. Perma overload for example. As for perma flight? I had no issue with that at all, you had to really invest to customize for that style game play. Missions were fun and spread out well enough. With a good team, wasn't even grindy to max out either. The horizontal progression was smooth and allowed a specific approach for each frame you wanted to focus on depending on your play style.

Kern is right, no other game has giving that kind of freedom, and he is saying it wasn't even done right? Seriously? How can any FF beta vet not be amp'ed up about Ember. For anyone else skeptical, sit back, wait and watch. There are many of us who have no reservations to carrying the load right now.