• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
How did you hear about these forums and ember as a project? What was your reaction when you first read about it? What was it that caught your attention? Please vote in the poll and share your stories before they are lost to time. :)

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Honestly I can't remember how I first heard. lol

Jul 26, 2016
I didn't think much of the MFGA tag that a bunch of people were using on the Firefall forums.
But reddit, you and the fan run ember discord channel changed my mind.

The only other group that comes close to Firefall is Project Genom. But it doesn't have the Z axis freedom that Firefall has.
The dude on reddit and firefall that wants to recreate Firefall by catching packets was too hopeless to follow. I didn't think following that exercise in futility was worthwhile.

Ember seemed the closest thing to what I'm looking for.
Sure Mr. Kern could screw it up. But so can anyone.
I got high hopes for Project Genom, so I became a founder over there.
I got high hopes for Mr. Kern.... so I sent him money for this game.
I still hope that he creates a novel series on his lore.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Steam forums, was wandering in there and found a thread leading to this, already had discord so it all started there. Also met my great friend PoliceTrooper on the ember discord and now he's admin on my server and i'm member of his server.

EricAZ4

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Alberta, Canada
From the firefall forum, at first I was not going to give a single parent to mark on this but..... We may have some things going here :)
(just so you know I am NOT a firefall hater! I will still keep up with what is going on there but as of right now there is not to much going on)

Vonstaad

Terraformer
Aug 29, 2016
La Habra Hts., CA
In May of 2006, I had a lucid dream which made no sense to me until now. I clearly remember standing in a field of blue radishes during a torrential downpour of red gelatin. I looked down at my feet (which I heard was impossible in a dream) to find them adorned in an over-sized pair of clear-plastic cowboy boots. Not understanding the significance of my attire, I reached into the Sigmund the Sea Monster backpack slung on my left shoulder and withdrew a half-whittled piece of driftwood slightly resembling Andre the Giant dressed as DJ Lance from Yo, Gabba Gabba.

yo.jpg

I could only surmise that this dream was the cosmos' way of gently urging me to back the Ember project.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
In May of 2006, I had a lucid dream which made no sense to me until now. I clearly remember standing in a field of blue radishes during a torrential downpour of red gelatin. I looked down at my feet (which I heard was impossible in a dream) to find them adorned in an over-sized pair of clear-plastic cowboy boots. Not understanding the significance of my attire, I reached into the Sigmund the Sea Monster backpack slung on my left shoulder and withdrew a half-whittled piece of driftwood slightly resembling Andre the Giant dressed as DJ Lance from Yo, Gabba Gabba.

View attachment 341

I could only surmise that this dream was the cosmos' way of gently urging me to back the Ember project.
wat.

Daevic

Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Devil's Tusk
I remember that I was in devils Tusk, not much was happening, another lazy day in the accord. My SIN was a buzz with some news about the latest chosen movements, LVG prices, and this little thing called Ember. Confused as to its meaning I scanned the forums, many of the pilots had differing opinions, spiritual successor some said. lost cause others shouted.

"You know what? Being a ARES pilot isn't about living in safety and comfort!" I said to myself.

I loaded up my sniper rifle and i left Devil's Tusk and the Chosen and headed out off for EM-8ER and a new foe the Tsi-hu.

That's my story on how I heard about Ember.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I remember that I was in devils Tusk, not much was happening, another lazy day in the accord. My SIN was a buzz with some news about the latest chosen movements, LVG prices, and this little thing called Ember. Confused as to its meaning I scanned the forums, many of the pilots had differing opinions, spiritual successor some said. lost cause others shouted.

"You know what? Being a ARES pilot isn't about living in safety and comfort!" I said to myself.

I loaded up my sniper rifle and i left Devil's Tusk and the Chosen and headed out off for EM-8ER and a new foe the Tsi-hu.

That's my story on how I heard about Ember.
That's a cool story :)

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Steam forums, was wandering in there and found a thread leading to this, already had discord so it all started there. Also met my great friend PoliceTrooper on the ember discord and now he's admin on my server and i'm member of his server.
I JUST FOLLOWED THE CORPS OF DEAD XENOS HE KILLED
THAT "PURGE" IS NOT BADASS, IT'S INSANITYYYYYYYYYYY!
SO UNBADASS OF YOU.

Sep 27, 2016
First time I've heard from it was in a discussion in the Firefall-Forums about the future of Firefall, so I've went to google and checked it out.

To the forum I came via the e-mail sent in Firefall-Forum.