How did you find out about Ember?

Jul 31, 2016
Checking in on the FF forum from time to time and heard "ember" being mentioned, but never found it :confused:
Then I got the mail....thank go...*cough* Kern.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Saw a facebook post which had a few suggested posts under it and saw "firefall successor." Clicked it and grinned with an optimistic madness I haven't felt in awhile.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Steam negative review sent me here xP
Thought it is time to download firefall, going through the review and figured, firefall is no longer what it used to be. Ran to the petition, to late to be a backer but in time to sign it.

P

PCMasterReece

Saw a facebook post which had a few suggested posts under it and saw "firefall successor." Clicked it and grinned with an optimistic madness I haven't felt in awhile.
This was on facebook? Wow I'm actually surprised it was on there. Do you remember who posted about?

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Aww shame, Glad you are here anyway :) It's nice to see more people joining
Truth be told, I don't know how much 'joining' I'll be doing; I imagine this game's dev cycle will be at least a year or two from now in the best case and I've got my eye on Chronicles of Elyria right now. If that game succeeds, it may very well change the entire MMO landscape forever.

I'm still keenly interested in seeing Ember take off because of what Firefall represented, however. Even if I don't get to play it much, I think it represents a potentially important milestone in video game design--IF it sticks to it's guns and succeeds.

Brolan

Aug 3, 2016
I was told by the great god that emailed me a notification that marked the beginning of the end, the final swan song of Firefall.

but srsly, this game is getting remade, and it's going to be crowdfunded instead of shitty overlord fuck up? Take my money, pls giv everything Firefall could have been.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
Truth be told, I don't know how much 'joining' I'll be doing; I imagine this game's dev cycle will be at least a year or two from now in the best case and I've got my eye on Chronicles of Elyria right now. If that game succeeds, it may very well change the entire MMO landscape forever.
Wow. just looked through their campaign page at kickstarter. If they do complete their goal with this game, it definetly will change everything.

Jul 26, 2016
...I've got my eye on Chronicles of Elyria right now. If that game succeeds, it may very well change the entire MMO landscape forever.
interesting.
Player made quests, so that players can hire others in the game to get stuff for them at a cost...
character permadeath lifetime of 10 to 14 months which gets whittled down each time the character dies and how high leveled or highly repudiated the character is.

I wonder what transfers over during reincarnation.

I wonder if they would bring in a method to increase lifetime by doing crazy stuff like sacrificing people/players to unholy gods to steal their lifetime.

Fully destructible enviroments?
hmm I wonder how long it would take to tunnel under a town and create a "sink-hole."
or to create a trench to a target that goes from a volcano/river to some player's stash.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/description

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
'Skill ramps' are the biggest thing that carries over; skills you trained up in one life will be easier to train up in the next life, so if you want to raise the same kind of character again, it'll get caught up quickly. The ramps degrade over subsequent lifetimes, so keeping your skills high in each life will keep them easy to level in the future.