GamePlay ideas, Achievements, Guild power-up and everything in that department

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
ARE YOU INSANE?
CAT 3 F*CKERS ARE BASE KILLER A**HOLES WHO SOLE PURPOSE IS TO DESTROY OUR SLUMS.
AND CAT 4? F*CKING CAT 4 IS A ZONE LEVEL THREAT. RIGHT BEHIND CAT 5 WHICH IS A GLOBAL LEVEL THREAT.
OH RIGHT, CAT 4 ARE SLIGHTLY TALLER THAN MR. TINY-ASS.
AND YOU WANNA SOLO THAT SH*T?

GIVE THAT SUCKER A COOKIE AND CHANGE THE ACHIEVEMENT TO
BADASS BERSERKER
am.....no? i mean cat 6 is biggest.....or do you mean like the smallest kaiju is cat 0? i count that as cat 1, so cat 4 will be a base killer

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
*somewhere in the future in Em-8er General chat* "OMG! HALP! CAT6!". "What are you talking about there is no such thing as CAT6?.." *After 20 minutes of intense arguing and slanderous slurs the server is shutdown as the CAT5 Kai-ju succesfully destroyed every base just becouse someone mislabeled the Kai-ju's category just becouse they feel like counting up from one instead of zero* (I mean it's like starting a petition to rename Gundam Zero to Gundam One at this point in time. So let's not stir that pot just let it stew and settle in first. Also im pretty sure there was entire conversation on Discord about the categories and how CAT6 would basicly be universal threat like end of the world type of thing.. So yeah stick with the Visual book.)

But that dropship idea, i sorta wish it was like a futuristic version of the Hercules gunship with the signature angelic decoy flare pattern and everything. (Although i wouldn't mind the omniframe being able to shoot out decoy flares like that.)

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Also i have had this fledgling idea for a while now.
Like if a miner team or a base is completly surrounded and is about to fall or about to be destroyed, there could be this broadcast in a certain area or the entire map or region. That would call out every available omniframe for assistance and there could be like broken base or broken pickaxe symbol on the map. "The Broken Arrow Protocol" i guess for Em-8er it would require it's own term like:"Broken Wing" *shrugs*

Dec 15, 2016
Achievements eh? Well these are more related to mining but yeah.

1. "The Riskier The Road, The Greater The Profit." - Mine for 30 uninterrupted minutes while a CAT5 or 6 kaiju invasion is underway nearby.
2. "Every Kaiju Has A Price." - Sold off 50 kaiju body parts to the auction house within a week.
3. "Drills of Steel" - Keep mining until a CAT 3 appears near you.
4. "Never begin a mining operation..." - Mine until your ammunition runs dry.
5. "On an empty ammo rack." - Successfully mine with an empty ammunition and only using melee weapons.
6. "No Vein Gets Left Remaining." - Deplete a mineral vein while a kaiju invasion is underway.
7. "Mine All. Leave Nothing." - Deplete 10 mineral veins without logging off.
8. "Danger Equals Profit." - Deplete a mineral vein while a CAT5 kaiju invasion is underway.
9. "Free Kaijus Are Rarely Cheap." - Sold off a kaiju body part even at the highest market price.
10. "Profiteering For The Lulz" - Take part in 3 successive kaiju invasions while successfully depleted 3 mineral veins before the last invasion is won.
11. "Make Fun Of A Kaiju Mother." - Steal an intact kaiju egg then successfully sold it off at the auction house at the lowest market price.
12. "Place Profit Above Insanity." - Complete your current mining operation within 300 feet/92 meters off a CAT5.
13. "Never What I Signed Up For." - Complete your current mining operation after winning a Kaiju invasion.
14. "Get Off My Drill!" - Kill 10 Tsi-Hus near your drill within 3 seconds.
14. "Kaiju Trafficker" - Sold off 100 Kaiju eggs in the auction house.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Achievements eh? Well these are more related to mining but yeah.

1. "The Riskier The Road, The Greater The Profit." - Mine for 30 uninterrupted minutes while a CAT5 or 6 kaiju invasion is underway nearby.
6. "No Vein Gets Left Remaining." - Deplete a mineral vein while a kaiju invasion is underway.
8. "Danger Equals Profit." - Deplete a mineral vein while a CAT5 kaiju invasion is underway.
10. "Profiteering For The Lulz" - Take part in 3 successive kaiju invasions while successfully depleted 3 mineral veins before the last invasion is won.
12. "Place Profit Above Insanity." - Complete your current mining operation within 300 feet/92 meters off a CAT5.
13. "Never What I Signed Up For." - Complete your current mining operation after winning a Kaiju invasion.
THE PROBLEM IS. YOU CAN'T MINE DURING AN INVASION.
F*CK. IKR.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Why can't when you can get more from them?
LIMITATION AND OTHER RULE SET. I GUESS.

DURING INVASION, YOU CAN HAVE MULTIPLE THMPR FIGHTING ALONG IN A ZONE.
OUTSIDE OF INVASION, ONLY 1 THMPR CAN MINE (iirc)
Duration and Frequency
Invasions are always occurring as long as there are sufficient players online with only short breaks between. This split player activity between fighting in invasions, or going to zones not under attack to mine for resources to fuel the war effort. A zone under invasion cannot be mined, as all available THMRPs are pressed into battle.

THE THMPR CAN GET ATTACKED MULTIPLE TIMES DURING MINING.
Players must defend their THMPR MEK/A while increasingly difficult waves of enemies attack. The longer the mining continues, more and rarer resources are recovered. However, should the enemies overrun the players and THMPR, the resources will be lost.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Buffs can be pretty 1 sided in games, but there should be buffs relating to what you are doing or have achieved for example...
Personal buff like Lucas Arts SWBF2, have your own buffs that only affect you.
Relating to ember, once you achieve a state of an achievement you'll retain that buff like a rank. Reference.. Check it out:
http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Awards

I dont like guild exclusive buffs however, a stackable Aura buff 'may' help this topic.
But, I do believe there should be guild achievement based rewards. Refering to this link:
https://wiki.plarium.com/index.php?title=TD_Clan_Achievement
The buffs should not be giant buffs.

Adding to this, personal and guild buffs
Have categories like general, combat, economy etc. Both share some of the same perks, guild achievement perks are a lot harder to obtain though, eg: (keep in mind they are both achievement based)

Economy - Refinery speed:
Personal: Rank 1: +10%
Guild: Rank 1: +12%

From the guild your personal buff will be overided adding an extra 2% as a bonus to guild teamwork from an achievement reward vice verca (whatever is the highest) eg:
guild refine 1,000/+ azurite 10,000 times.

Rewards at max rank:

Economy - Refinery speed:
Personal: Rank 10 (Max): +60%
Guild: Rank 10 (Max): +85%
(stats variable dont freak out lol)

IMO this is a fair way to reward an indervidial solo player and guilds.
Noting that guild achievements are way harder to obtain and adds guild loyalty than 'clan hoppers'.

Hope this can help :)

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Gameplay healing animations anyone?
I like the hovering nanobots around fixing things while the aura colour changes around the affected area to indicate how much it has fixed e.g red = critical, orange = heavy damage, yellow = gash, green = good health

Same could be for the healer using its heal beam or something?

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
some holiday themed achievements:

Oh the weather outside is frightful...: freeze to death during the winter event

...but the fire aint all that delightful: die in a lava pocket during the winter event

frosty the Thmpr: find and interact with the thmpr ice sculpture. (only viewable during the winter event)

on the 12th day on Em8er: log in for 12 days straight during the winter event. Reward: holiday skin for your thmpr.

oh what fun it is to ride: share a ride with someone who has a 2 seated bike from m3 during the winter event(can be driver or passenger)

not-so-silent night: fight off x invasions within 24 hours during the winter event.

here comes Tsi-hu Claus no that's stupid.

you better watch out: get rushed from behind from a kaiju during the winter event

you better (not) cry: use the cry emote in front of a kaiju during the winter event

you better (not) shout: use the shout emote in front of a kaiju during the winter event

kaiju claus is coming to town: complete fortifications of a base within 30 minute of invasion involving at least one c2 kaiju during the winter event

rudolph the red-nosed kaiju: find and defeat the special c4 kaiju during the winter event

but let's not leave the other holidays out

Trick: defeat x enemies with the tp gun (yes it's a gun that shoots highly deadly toilet paper special for the fall event)

Treat: Defeat x enemies with the candy gun (i know sweets are bad for you but this is ridiculous)

Trick AND treat: complete both the trick and the treat achievements (reward: jack o lantern thmpr skin)

AIEEEE: run in terror from a c0 kaiju or a tsi-hu in humanoid form during the fall event.

Monster mash: dance in front of a c2 or above kaiju during the fall event

wicked hangover: find out what happen when you consume the contents of the foul-smelling liquid from the cantina vendor during st patricks day

I heart tsihu: stun a tsihu in humanoid form during the february event.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
some holiday themed achievements:

Oh the weather outside is frightful...: freeze to death during the winter event

...but the fire aint all that delightful: die in a lava pocket during the winter event

frosty the Thmpr: find and interact with the thmpr ice sculpture. (only viewable during the winter event)

on the 12th day on Em8er: log in for 12 days straight during the winter event. Reward: holiday skin for your thmpr.

oh what fun it is to ride: share a ride with someone who has a 2 seated bike from m3 during the winter event(can be driver or passenger)

not-so-silent night: fight off x invasions within 24 hours during the winter event.

here comes Tsi-hu Claus no that's stupid.

you better watch out: get rushed from behind from a kaiju during the winter event

you better (not) cry: use the cry emote in front of a kaiju during the winter event

you better (not) shout: use the shout emote in front of a kaiju during the winter event

kaiju claus is coming to town: complete fortifications of a base within 30 minute of invasion involving at least one c2 kaiju during the winter event

rudolph the red-nosed kaiju: find and defeat the special c4 kaiju during the winter event

but let's not leave the other holidays out

Trick: defeat x enemies with the tp gun (yes it's a gun that shoots highly deadly toilet paper special for the fall event)

Treat: Defeat x enemies with the candy gun (i know sweets are bad for you but this is ridiculous)

Trick AND treat: complete both the trick and the treat achievements (reward: jack o lantern thmpr skin)

AIEEEE: run in terror from a c0 kaiju or a tsi-hu in humanoid form during the fall event.

Monster mash: dance in front of a c2 or above kaiju during the fall event

wicked hangover: find out what happen when you consume the contents of the foul-smelling liquid from the cantina vendor during st patricks day

I heart tsihu: stun a tsihu in humanoid form during the february event.
This is amazingly thought out. I see Grummz and the team doing the Christmas ones down the road for sure.

Jul 5, 2017
USA
I just made a post about this in general then found this section so I thought I'd throw it in here too and see what people think.
In the game Tribes Ascend you have the ability to "ski" on terrain in place of a sprint. They explain it as technology in the suit that allows you to toggle friction allowing you to slide on any surface preserving momentum. Gravity still affects you however, so sliding down hill you can pick up a lot of speed while going up hill reduces speed. This movement mechanic is insanely fun and skill intensive but also intuitive and easy to pick up. It would make battles feel fluid, fast paced and intense allowing for high speed flanking maneuvers or launching yourself off a hill to get high above the enemy to rain fire from above. It also gives a unique opportunity to try abilities and weaponry that gain additional damage and/or functionality with velocity. I think this would really fit the overall feel the game is going for adding to the fast and mobile focus in combat. Also races across large areas would be a blast! What do you guys think, would this "skiing" mechanic work for EM8ER?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I just made a post about this in general then found this section so I thought I'd throw it in here too and see what people think.
In the game Tribes Ascend you have the ability to "ski" on terrain in place of a sprint. They explain it as technology in the suit that allows you to toggle friction allowing you to slide on any surface preserving momentum. Gravity still affects you however, so sliding down hill you can pick up a lot of speed while going up hill reduces speed. This movement mechanic is insanely fun and skill intensive but also intuitive and easy to pick up. It would make battles feel fluid, fast paced and intense allowing for high speed flanking maneuvers or launching yourself off a hill to get high above the enemy to rain fire from above. It also gives a unique opportunity to try abilities and weaponry that gain additional damage and/or functionality with velocity. I think this would really fit the overall feel the game is going for adding to the fast and mobile focus in combat. Also races across large areas would be a blast! What do you guys think, would this "skiing" mechanic work for EM8ER?
IN EM8ER, IT'S CALLED SKIM MODE.
BUT THERE'S A DRAWBACK. AFTER EXITING SKIM MODE, ALL ABILITY ARE ON COOLDOWN.