Friday Update - 17th of Nov

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Wuterbear

Wuterbear Firstclaimer - Frame Founder

Thank you for the continued updates. They hold more value than you know!

Jaunn, Mahdi, Aphaz and 1 other person like this.
  2. SonicxXx

SonicxXx New Member

Can't wait to chech your finally work.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Firstclaimer Base Commander Greeter

It's a small update, no "snazzy" new pics, and the artists are doing the "not-so-exciting" stuff but, it is STILL an update and chock full of details to boot! ^_^

This sounds like a serious challenge! I hope the riggers are up for it!

I can hardly WAIT to hear the soundtrack Mr. Bross comes up with for EM-8ER! If it's anything close to Firefall's it'll be MIND-BLOWINGLY FANTASTIC! :D

I know @Wyntyr and I are VERY STOKED to see this happening! :cool::cool::cool:

Oooh ... a test multiplayer server ... and it's running!

I'M SO EXCITED! . . .

:D:cool::D:cool:

Jaunn, Mahdi and FailDRE86 like this.
  4. FutureRetro

FutureRetro New Member

Now that is good news. Never found a replacement for Firefall so far - and a big part of that is the music Michael created. Still listening to the tunes these days. So I really like where this is going.

As I will be employed again in January (woohoo, money), what´s the current way to contribute or when will the next round start? Would love to jump on the em8er train and become a "founder" (or what´s it called here).

5. RaZoR

RaZoR Deepscanner

Hi @Grummz
    Nice work sofar on your endeavour.
    I was wondering, if it's at all possible to show a small clip/recording on your progress, as you venture onto server time, testing the mechanics and gameplay as you move forward.
    Most of us (99%), will never get a chance to be a part of it, so a small video would be great.
    Thankyou.

Jaunn and FailDRE86 like this.
  6. Degiance

Degiance Deepscanner

How i feel for these grums of information. (There is moar on the table! )
    1171141913.gif

But like Overkill already said:"Awesome" i can't help but agree.

Faeryl, Pandagnome and Mahdi like this.
  7. spiralofhope

spiralofhope Deepscanner

I listened to the complete Firefall soundtrack just today, and it is indeed quite good.

Faeryl and Mahdi like this.
  8. Faeryl

Hey @FutureRetro ! o/

EM-8ER'S DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE ESTIMATE:
    The previous campaign, Milestone 3 on IndieGoGo, ended July 2017. The devs are estimating to have the initial mock up of a single player THMPR encounter completed in Q1 of 2018. After the mock up is done, the launch of the Kickstarter campaign will begin. The Kickstarter will have its own unique perks.

Following that, likely a year or so until early access. Then around a year after that for the full game's release.

I hope this helps! ~ Faeryl

9. Faeryl

Hello @RaZoR ! o/ Check out these links ...

VIDEO CHANNELS FOR EM-8ER CONTENT:
    EM-8ER ON TWITCH: https://go.twitch.tv/em8ermpw
    CRIXA/EM-8ER ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdW3l3tlPuUed_DmNkJadCw
    JOE SOLO ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSieVxJhO1EbiRVn3XfYerA

The Crixa/EM-8ER YouTube has some videos with Grummz chatting about EM-8ER.
    On Joe Solo's YouTube, he has some really awesome EM-8ER modeling video samples there! ^_^

FAN-MADE VIDEO OF THE EM-8ER THMPR ART DEMO:

I hope this helps answer your questions, RaZor!

:):cool::D

10. RaZoR

RaZoR Deepscanner

Thanks Faeryl.
    Will have to try out the next live show. Not available some days, so working around free time and stream time can be hit or miss.
    Not sure if there's a limitation on the duel streaming recordings at 480, but if possible 720 would be great. Maybe bandwidth or storage constraints. So so.
    Grummz mentioned his multiplayer server tests. Just thinking maybe showing a few recordings somewhere is all.
    Cheers.

Faeryl, Jaunn and Degiance like this.
  11. Anrothan

Anrothan Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Omni Ace

12. Sonic Nova

Sonic Nova Death Reaper - Firstclaimer

Community: "... say how goes the carving?"
    Grummz: "Their work is magnificent, but no where near as good as the other tidings I bring.
    PEOPLE OF EM-8ER FORUMS... THE TEST SERVER... WILL BE STRESSED!!!"
    <community gives standing ovation, which abruptly stops as their gaze switches to the server, red glint in their eyes>
    Community: "omae wa mou shindeiru"
    Server: "NANI?!"

13. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna Kaiju Slayer

Any update is an update ^.^

Faeryl, Pandagnome and Mahdi like this.
  14. wangmauler

wangmauler Terraformer

Do we need a pass for multi?

[​IMG]

15. Maitrejibus

Maitrejibus New Member

Donc si je comprends bien pas de jeu avant 2020 voir meme 2021 ??? Trop long désolé je vais voir un autre jeu.

16. Alan Jones

Alan Jones Deepscanner

Sweet, this shows progress as expected from a great team.

Faeryl and Mahdi like this.
  17. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

[​IMG]
    I imagine a magnificent beam appearing from the skies and behold the mech
    in all its delight summoned by you! the Em8erion Guardians of the stars protecting things such as strange rocks for good use
    and rocks for ornaments in the home. and many things that could be dangerous to some!

Also a bike hovering before it thuds and gleams waiting to be taken off and rides
    like a horse that has eaten the most amazing dish with extra spices sprinkled with a hint of mint...the electrical trails
    follow the bike like hyperactive worms towards the back wheel. Just as it thrusts off the cliff into a strange
    gate, only wonder where the rider has gone?? :confused:

PIghead Elderberry and Mahdi like this.