Feature Idea: Frame Resets (paragon?)

Nov 2, 2019
Hungary
twitch.tv
Hi!

I was thinking about stuff I might want to do as endgame or as a daily activity and I came up with a rough draft. As you know some games have these as an option post-progression with different rewards.

Generally I'm thinking of something like this:
Let's assume your frame has a maximum level, with non-timegated progression, where you could reach an assumed maximum level. I think it's easier to visualize if we use actual numbers, so let's say you can get a maximum of level 50 on your favorite frame. When you get to 50 you might feel happy for being done, which is completely fine, but for some of us I think having a mini progression system after that would be kind of nice. My idea is to have an option to incrase your Frame Prestige level by 1 if you decide to de-rank your frame back to 1. You could increase it back up to 50 again and do the same thing if you feel like.

Why would you do this, what would be the reward?
I'm generally thinking visual rewards and 0 power rewards. Power rewards should not exist at all for this, since later on if you decide to implement progression boosting stuff as an ingame store or whatever, it might become completely irrelevant to work towards as a freetoplay player. I am heavily against power progression this way because it would create a huge gap between new and veteran players powerwise.

Things this could grant instead:
- Grummz was talking about a way he wants to make cosmetic skins to require some kind of progression, I feel like this would fit this pretty well. You can tune these levels to lets say have a Master skin tier unlocked after 10 resets, Elite skin unlocked at 25? Something like this (the skin tiering) already exists in Smite where you can unlock diamond skins once you increase your hero mastery.
- non-default player logo or player plate in party displays. Generally what I'm thinking here is custom plates like you can set up in Tekken or Call of Duty, where you could set up a selection of special unlocked backgrounds or borders where your name/hp is shown in party
- special emotes or groundspray paints. I'm kind of expecting some kind of these as a freetoplay/shop game, and I think it would be cool to have these. Counterstrike has these for decades and I think they also added this recently to Dota2 where you could spraypaint some logo or a small picture on the ground. I'm generally thinking preset images here as player freedom in this would lead to NSWF images to say the least with probably some nazi logos on the other end.
- tons of other things, glider skin, thumper skin, bullet tracers whatever you want to add. Rewards for this could be extremely rich but I can't emphasize it enough to be ONLY cosmetic and never power oriented

Would you like to see something like this? debate below

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Well, i don't want to see any kind of leveling system. I thoroughly enjoyed FF beta where we would go out looking for randomized events and calling down thumpers, then at the end of the day refining resources so I could build ammo or a new gun or something like that. Cosmetics were fun too - always trying to come up with a unique look that felt right. And if course, just playing and exploring for the fun of it. With a big enough world there aught to be plenty of room to play solo or group content. As for end game, I'd expect end game to happen almost immediately in a game like Em8er. Giant kaiju attacks that take 20 or 30 or 100 players to take down. E'ry player grab a gun, chip in, and chip away.! And for a reward - a coupon for a free Spicy Joe's Tuna sandwich and a chunk of high quality Kaiju ivory. damn I'm hungry now. As always this is just my 2 cents worth of rambling. ✌️♥️

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
When you get to 50 you might feel happy for being done, which is completely fine, but for some of us I think having a mini progression system after that would be kind of nice. My idea is to have an option to incrase your Frame Prestige level by 1 if you decide to de-rank your frame back to 1. You could increase it back up to 50 again and do the same thing if you feel like.
Ah i see its kind of like in killing floor 2 you have to go through it all but you can unlock a special skin for the weapons on that particular class.

Some other various ways to unlock these options such as

- World tier unlocks as already mentioned

- Using a certain item/ability enough times to get access to a variation of it e.g. an item that has a different effect style or sound etc

- Prestige after a certain rank as you mentioned to get more additional visual and other features unlocks etc

- Npc standing when they see you as a trusted Reaper so they may reveal to you an underground market
to use some special ingame credits, that we earn from world events to obtain skins, effects, animations etc

- Frame efficiency shows how you do e.g. depending on how many missions and what you do around the world you earn a frame efficiency.

E.g. Lets say you are a Light frame and focusing as a medic with the a specific Frame manufacturer if your efficiency is above 80% you can unlock more from that manufacturer.

How could efficiency be calculated that could depend on the role and the type of missions you do altogether as a medic healing gets a small bonus and the others add up.

- Job specific unlocks here is one i have always wanted to have perhaps you want to be

A) Bounty hunter to select jobs depending on expenses with some that may question your morals!
this could effect some npc standing if against them!

B) Crafter Extraordinaire to craft the most beautiful and unique creations in the Em8er world

C) [RRR] Rapid Response Reaper using fast vehicles to deliver supplies to those in need even remove explosives from the radius to drop off safetly avoiding casualties.

D) Body Guards protecting Vips either npc's or those selected by hit squads

E) Fixers you are needed at times those tsihu's always love breaking things sometimes its fixing a wall other times its fixing a generator if nothing is fixed could get costly to replace!

Once you have done enough of those job specifics there are some nice unlocks from that job role could be announced by your A.I saying Hey Reaper you have done such a good job you qualify for a goody check it out at the perky central \o/

for a reward - a coupon for a free Spicy Joe's Tuna sandwich and a chunk of high quality Kaiju ivory
I am going for the plant based options some Chroma beans :D

Jul 4, 2017
Grummz promised no lvl in this game, I'm tired of running around gathering pig asses,monkey boogers or delivering dick picks between NPC to get lvl to get to endgame.

I think when Grummz talked about progression was more in terms of clearing new areas,helping terraform em,building new outposts and upgrading them(teamwork stuff)

In FIrefall the lore was that when you used a thumper,the resources you gathered was for the goverment and you got a % of what you helped thump as a reward and you got the thumper full you got a bonus on top of that.

A progression tier could be get X amount of thumps(that helps the cause and you as well) and you unlock something

Also my understanding is that there are 3 frames:light,medium and heavy and you attached different guns,abilities and if my understanding is right there's no maxing out a frame just make it different to have different roles,accommodate different play styles.

As for endgame,I don't want to get through a grind to get to the fun stuff,endgame is something that is fun and repeatable.The hole game should be just endgame.

I remember back in FIrefall I did a Baneclaw (equivalent to a endgame raid in other games) with 2 norwegian people and it was their 2nd day in the game,they said it was the most incredible experience they had in a new game and that the concept was incredible.......to bad the story didn't have a happy ending :(

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Player/Guild content would be great...especially something like Baneclaw where you have to build the device and then power it up for use. Once used for the encounter the device remains but you'll have to go power it up again to open the encounter up again. Some of these could be done at certain locations and dealt with in the open world while others could done at any location as those around can jump thru a portal into an instance for it. With resource gathering going on, crafting, exploration, and the perpetual war you throw in some of these and could be alot of stuff going on at any given moment that new folks may run into and get them hooked on staying and playing. :)

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Grummz promised no lvl in this game, I'm tired of running around gathering pig asses,monkey boogers or delivering dick picks between NPC to get lvl to get to endgame.

I think when Grummz talked about progression was more in terms of clearing new areas,helping terraform em,building new outposts and upgrading them(teamwork stuff)

In FIrefall the lore was that when you used a thumper,the resources you gathered was for the goverment and you got a % of what you helped thump as a reward and you got the thumper full you got a bonus on top of that.

A progression tier could be get X amount of thumps(that helps the cause and you as well) and you unlock something

Also my understanding is that there are 3 frames:light,medium and heavy and you attached different guns,abilities and if my understanding is right there's no maxing out a frame just make it different to have different roles,accommodate different play styles.

As for endgame,I don't want to get through a grind to get to the fun stuff,endgame is something that is fun and repeatable.The hole game should be just endgame.

I remember back in FIrefall I did a Baneclaw (equivalent to a endgame raid in other games) with 2 norwegian people and it was their 2nd day in the game,they said it was the most incredible experience they had in a new game and that the concept was incredible.......to bad the story didn't have a happy ending :(

i understand your feeling about the grind (not many like it). that said there is something to be daid about the journey.
if the game is endgame from the start you might as well pull out the chess board

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
For me (in FF) my daily grind was practice. I'd go after patrols, do missions, whatever i had to do to get better at aiming and shooting. I'd also gather resources every day to build new gear. I loved it. But the point is i was free to choose where and when to go and what to do. Some days I'd just ride my LGV, help out when I see someone in trouble, I've saved a few thumpers in my time. No forced quests or job board ever gave me that kind of excitement or sense of accomplishment. Yes it was just a game but it was fun. The job board and leveling just made me bored.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I agree with alot but i do like a job it does make me think ah i have something to do when its just do this or whatever. It could be part of the way we could help each other out let me explain.

(This would be optional)

In the world of real life if something is broken e.g an issue with a car you go to take it to the garage to see the mechanic unless you already pocess the skills and knowledge to investigate and fix it with the tools you have.

Lets for a moment think not everyone can specialize in everything because that would take time not impossible just takes time.

In the game menu you can tick to place yourself available for jobs and then choose the jobs you want to take on. This way if someone like me has a problem defending i would in the job tick the hire defense as an example.

Since this is done at the job region small amount of credits or whatever you have chosen to pay is deducted and goes to the other player. The other player could refuse payment when the job is completed if they wanted and do it as a gesture of goodwill.

Successful completing jobs not only helps other players in the world and could also help you in your journey. If your standing is very high completing jobs you can unlock special jobs given out by high ranking npc's or even gm's !!!!

Another idea could be if you are low on credits and resources the job npc would provide some financial support. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does you can either except it or save it for when you really need it.

Jul 4, 2017
i understand your feeling about the grind (not many like it). that said there is something to be said about the journey.
if the game is endgame from the start you might as well pull out the chess board
I don't like wasting time in grinding lvls,not that i have something against grind,I have something against lvls.You can grind for resources,for specific drops,grinding in crafting,building your self the gear you want.

Baneclaw was a grind,to get the key to summon it took some time and specific resources.But yes it could be done in the first day in game if someone invited you.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I could see progression levels being a cosmetic/grindy thing, like an omniframe pilot ranking. The more time, kills, resources, missions, etc., you complete, the higher your pilot ranking gets. At certain thresholds, you unlock certain small cosmetic rewards to show off your status as a high-ranking omniframe pilot of that type, or with that weapons class. Very high tiers could net you a full skin of a lore character who was unmatched in their usage of such. Maybe you could also purchase them instead but it wouldn't net you the progression ranks, so they'd have to do something outside of giving cosmetics, while also not affecting gameplay. Hm.

I thought this would be good for omniframe builds. Currently, it looks like a name is assigned by the person who creates the build first, but that just means the players who get the most gear get to name everything. It would be better if you built the frame first THEN played it enough to get the honour of naming it something stupid.