Fake Accounts/bots/spam

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
How do we reduce or prevent fake accounts/bots/spam?

E.g.

- A verification process at the start e.g type 3 random digits stated e.g. 8th, 3rd and 2nd from a Reaper code sent once to you to keep safe for future use etc etc.

- Unused Account for a very long time temp paused until re-activated, could be warned before final removal after e.g. 1 year time.

- Re-activating paused account confirmation process e.g. perhaps introduce yourself in the welcome section and confirm Reaper code 3 digit from the 12 digit code given.

- Spam watch members keeping an eye for that to pass to the right team to remove or redirect to the right spam thread.

I am sure there are others good ways to reduce this to even prevent such as malicious intent e.g. phishing occurring though i am not technical minded when it comes to all that hmm

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
It's only getting worse. The simplest thing would be for them to add a CAPTCHA on the signup, since they don't have anything like that.
I have read also that some the use of honeypots to detect / trigger that and that can block the bot, not entirely sure if that is worth it ?