Em-8ER Video Update 7. CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Thumbs up on he plasma rifle. That was my favorite one in Firefall but i did prefer the three sphere bounce variant.
The sub machine gun is a good choice. I all so would liked to see the FN P90 Submachine Gun.
And thanks for the Macross Plus clip; one of my favorites in the Macross Series.
couldn't agree more for the p90...having two of those babies akimbo and BULLETSQWALL!!!!

also, someone mentioned UT's FLAK CANNON. i see that and the UT MISSILE LAUNCHER (payloadin up to 6 missiles (that can be guided) or bouncy-bouncy grenades...aaah the fun, the mayhem o_O) and raise you with the PLASMA MACHINE GUN from Quake 2 (loved it's sound and how it shot somethimg like "short burning nails" that would literally grind enemies to pieces :p) and the FLARE GUN from Blood 1 (dual purpose Call Help/Hurt & Burn enemy short range pain)

as for the arsenal, i loved it's "weapon printer abilities (CS, PB, Mortar, SR)", so smt like that could also be cool (like make a "printer ability" for each weapon archetype ("prints" one fully loaded weapon that replaces secondary weapon until emptied))
oh, yeah, forgot the legendary combi-weapons from WH40k. make weapons have attachment slots for extra stuff like an underslung grenade launcher, or, more WH-like, so i can make a combi-flamer. a simple AR (or my p90s...) that has a limited number of flamer or plasma, or "something" shots i can use in a pinch/perfect moment and do some extra "evil unto shifters" :cool:

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2016
CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON
(queue Mortal Kombat theme music)
Flak cannon from Unreal tournament with the alt-fire, i have fond memories of that. Also the rocket launcher i loved doing trick shots with the lock on function and the spiral rockets or the non-spiral rockets taking out multiple guys.
Also the basic rifle with granade launcher and dual wielding that for the gunslinger effect ^^
REDEEMER. NOW I WANT THAT TOY.
From where I come from, that’s a bang snap.
Now this is a toy for the big boys.
Rule #1216: I can have a gun that treats buildings as light cover.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017
That Fire fall footage takes me way back man. I loved all the weapons and abilities because they just felt so good to use. Please take whatever you can from firewall weapons, they mostly all felt really fun.
Also do you have to buy a razer mouse to use the skins? That’s weird.

ScorpyX

Deepstriker
Jul 29, 2016

Heal Weapon with aim-assist and\or lock on friendly target
any Team heal ability or weapon for constant support

Perfect case will be Heal gun with
Primary fire mode: Lock on friendly target while holding left mouse button - without need to look at friendly target
(attack will hell over time)
Secondary fire mode: Semi-auto AOE ball - which will fly forward with gravity drop (like plasma gun in video)
and after ball will hit the ground - it will heal friendly target in some Area around
(such AOE heal is powerful and should consume a lot of energy for future recharge)
(Ammunition - should be "Recharge energy" to avoid "empty weapon state")

or it will be not so "cooperative" game..
more like "I'LL KILL EVERYONE FASTER OTHER's AND MY DAMAGE WILL BE MAX!"
if you know what i mean

Last edited:

LegionPL

Apr 17, 2018
I got some ideas for weaponry.
Absolute must is a gatling
Next one is fusion mortar.
Metalstorm launchers.
Rapid-fire autocannons up to 50mm.
Ut Flak guns.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
I don't know if it's to early to talk about progression or may be off topic but I think it ties in weapon choice and how they should work and function.Really disliked tier progression and especially lvl based one since it detracted from my Firefall enjoyment,tired of grinding to then be able to do fun stuff.
I want progression to be group based (establishing bases,infrastructure:roads power distribution,communications secondary bases and so on).I know they plan for something similar and I have read an article where Mark talked about something like this so I have high hopes for this game,like I did with Firefall.(it always had high potential even when it want bad)

Before I get to off topic let's talk about guns.I want guns to have a high level of customization,to take a weapon like the plasma cannon to be able to make it feel more of less like the firecat and tigerclaw variance.

I'm thinking weapon stats have a possible min and a max and the weapon we start with is an average of those stats.
The plasma cannon fires at an arc,if you increase the bullet velocity you decrease that arc,but because the weapon uses more power to increase the velocity as a consequence it decreases the damage each bullet does and the other way around.
Same with splash damage,you make a more concentrated bullet with more damage and less splash damage or the other way around.

Secondary fire:we should have more choices,something like DOOM,not necessarily being able to swap them in mid combat but more then one.Also they should be customizable.The nova alt fire for example have the bouncing variation,the one that charges and releases itself when fully charged,or the other way around it charges and fire insanely fast but overheats the weapon.

Also a nice Idea would be to have a primary and secondary fire combo effect or fire mode,like shoot the nova to detonate prematurely.
Painkiller had something like this if I remember correctly,with the painkiller gun and the electric shuriken gun.

Heal Weapon with aim-assist and\or lock on friendly target

Perfect case will be Heal gun with
Primary fire mode: Lock on friendly target while holding left mouse button - without need to look at friendly target
(attack will hell over time)
We had something like this in Firefall beta but was removed because it didn't require any skill to use it,it was replaced with a bioniddle or something like that(don't remember the name) witch was much better/fun to use.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
great update what i understood

- Mark is still invisible but i hear him
- Em8er I.D would it have a clan section?
- Boss man sounds are fantastic will there be a female laugh for the thmpr?
- Razor and em8er niceeee
- Would the chroma g-suit have colour change that changes gradually changes colour from e.g. bottom to top

- Could the g-suit colour indicate temperature, health as visual cues?
- Shifters want to see the grappling hook in action!

With weapons in firefall

Weapons most used In firefall for me were

Hmg because many pew pew
P90 because run and gun is fun
grenade launcher because great for mobs
Biotech needler because can switch to shotgun type to focus fire
& many more weapons depending on my mood.

Though this is not a weapon i think its fun :D

Weapons from killing floor2:
Husk cannon because charge firing is great especially with demolition perk
Freeze gun because great to slow down and target bigger enemy
Katana because ninja like and chop chop chop
Hemogoblin because seeing enemies drain of blood looks funny while supporting with heals
Pulverizer because exploding hammer

Saints row 3
Again not really damaging type but they do some more fun!

mind controlling squid launcher

&

Genki mobile human cannon launcher

Super mario kart
:D

triple green/red shells because they spin around you and if hit acts as a shield or a projectile!

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I loved the arsenal. Props for your Voltes V sig!

My favorite weapons were the arsenal's ability that would shoot shoulder rockets and they would go where ever you would point. Similar to that was the one assault had. I also liked the heavy laser machinegun from rhino a lot. The recluse secondary shot puff of poison....loved it. I couldn't get enough of the cannonball ability from assault or the booster was also cool. But, my favorite to use was the healing ability from the dragonfly that would heal everyone under the dome. I believe it was the 4th and strongest ability that would take time to refresh. Loved it. Saved my squad's arses many times.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Clan support is necessary for Em8ER launch. Starting them now is an interesting idea to boost social activity and visibility prior to launch.

- Would the chroma g-suit have colour change that changes gradually changes colour from e.g. bottom to top

With weapons in firefall

Hmg because many pew pew

Tks for the feedback! I would like to add clans, what a great idea. But we'll see!

Hemogoblin because seeing enemies drain of blood looks funny while supporting with heals

Saints row 3

&

Super mario kart

triple green/red shells because they spin around you and if hit acts as a shield or a projectile!

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Oh I see what you mean. Ya I meant the thumbnail for Firefall fans only. And yes, alt-fire. why did they remove!!!!

Awesome vid. And great work on the Thmpr sounds.

My only gripe would be the thumbnail used for the vid. It's easy enough for ex-firefall-ians to recognize. But it may come across as bait-ey for others.

Glad to hear that the nova alt-fire is planned. Would also love to see the electron shock rifle and the rhino main weapon (i forget the name).

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Great Video, i see a lot of posts requesting for the old weapons from Firefall, while i do agree there were certain weapons that made Firefall classes fun to play i would also like to see new weapon ideas and concepts if possible.
*Nervously laughs*
Absolutely there will be new weapons! The shoulder slot multi-missile array is one that FF didn't *quite* have, even though we had a prototype in house. More coming, but I wanted that spiritual feel for the vertical slice and FF nostalgia

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016

With weapons in firefall

Hmg because many pew pew

Right now Chroma G-Suit is purely cosmetic. I'll look into game functions but then its more of a convenience item and gets away from pure cosmetics.

Saints row 3

&

Super mario kart

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Glad you like the initial suggestion. The UT rocket launcher was super nice, I loved it too. Beam weapons ...I'd want anime style, might be more of an ability, slice through a few and then a short delay as they freeze and explode.

Nice selection for the vertical slice - am looking forward to seeing the shoulder rockets (someone else enjoyed the Anthem gameplay trailer?).
If looking for suggestions I loved the original UT rocket launcher, hold for multiple shots + alt fire fired the rockets as grenades.
The Corinth shotgun from Warframe is also a lot of fun - shotgun with an air burst shrapnel alt fire.
I enjoyed the recon rifles in Firefall but with snipers there's fair bit you can do from charge up shot mechanics to scoping in highlights targets to variable zoom to deployable mines/sensors/mini turrets/snares etc as well as the choice between projectile (ie planetside/planetside 2) and hitscan.
Destiny 2 Sunshot pistol was a lot of fun with the explosion on enemy kill effect.
Grenade launchers that can alt fire remotely detonated grenades as well as the usual type can be a good source of amusement (I can't remember the name but I recall Defiance doing the grenade launcher along these lines pretty well, Warframe has the Penta but that lacks a 'normal' fire mode as you always have to manually detonate the grenades which can be a pain in hectic fights).
Lock on/beam style weapons - think Symmetra in Overwatch, short range or other disadvantage to compensate for the lock on/auto target ability.

Endless list really but that's a few of the differing types/styles that stuck in my memory.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
GAHH, why hitscan?? Tired of hitscan, it's so polarizing in terms of playstyle. Also opens the door for aimbots.

As for weapons I'd like to see? You know there better be some heavy machine gun variants in there somewhere. I also hope to see some variants of grenade launchers, including the remote detonated sticky 'nades. (I was quite upset that they moved stickies to the Bastion in FF; I hated the bastion with a passion.)

Fac3man

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
plasma cannon with a higher rate of fire seems ok, smg or light mg where u can switch between higher rate of fire and less accuray or single shot and highly accurate...shoulder rockets skill as arsenal had would be just perfect

Merv DeGriff

Omega Founder
Jan 26, 2017
Well if you are going to have the AR and plasma gun....
My picks would be: Miniguns, sentry turrets, and that silly Tesla beam.

And by mini gun, the closer you get to a GAU-8 Avenger the better!
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT!

Turrets are for solving problems, practical problems.

Tesla beam... because its the future and having a beam of charged particles rip your face off is just expected.
Oh and yelling "I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER! FACE DEATH FROM OLYMPUS ON HIGH MORTALS!" is kinda fun if you don't feel like yelling "I'm DOING SCIENCE TO ITS FACE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.