Em-8ER Video Update #6 - OVERVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I definitely enjoyed this video more than the others, and that music in the background really suited the content. I have a couple of questions though.

With the Omniframe first-person view, will we be viewing from the character's eyes through the armour (like a virtual reality display inside the suit) or from the eyes of the Omniframe?
How exactly does the character control the frame? I might be a little dumb here, but it looks like the character moves the frame with their legs, but I can't see a control for the arms?

Also this. I'd be interested in purchasing a poster if it wasn't like $30 shipping.
The arms are motion controlled via pilots own arm movements! Like Kinect, but it works and doesn't suck :p

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
The skin, and lips primarily. Very young, poorless skin, a little glowly, almost silicone like skin. With glossy lips, with the size closer to the concept art.
Not sure what I think would go well with the hair, but I don't really know how hair physics work and it's limitations.

Not my artwork! Both Jessica Madorran and Danny Mac 3D are very talented though!
So that skin was not set up properly with the right shader in Unreal. If you check our earlier video when we first debut the characters, you should see a better shader setup. I'm not satisfied either yet, and we will keep working on it. But Omniframe is priority now. TY!

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
Today we post an Ember update that recaps the main themes and gameplay elements of Em-8ER. Use this to share with your friends. Also, there is NEW concept art for a epic battle scene:

This update was absolutely f***ing incredible. I'm so mind blown. The music....Omg... sends chills through my soul. The concept art is beautiful. I can not wait until the next installment!
Go, Ember!

I smell smoke.... =)

Feb 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

Firstly, an amazing job so far with design and audio thus far and this being early stages of development i wanted to add a bit of input on the "Drill arm" on the design of the thumper as it were. while the design is great i was thinking of maybe a detachable drill or a none generic looking drill arm would be more aesthetic or at least a drill arm that would transform from a regular combat arm into a non standard drill seeing as how the thumper stands in place. Also variants of the drill that would look, feel, and perform differently with different mods or addons to it. Great work overall.

Cromshadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.