Deployable Mini Thumper!

Gyrus

Emberite
Jul 29, 2016
I was just daydreaming while waiting for Firefall to load and wondered if anyone had suggested this.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could deploy a mini thumper for when the MEK-A are taking a bit too much aggro. It wouldn't collect resources, just distract mobs. What do you guys think?

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
If you are thinking of the thudder concept, I think we should have a deployable with a similar scale/event as thmprs. Just like THMPRs are intended for extracting minerals, THDDRS would be intended for attracting rare mobs(and increasing rare drop chance).

I'd think that they could look like Tsihu portals, so when you deploy the THDDR, it would forcefully spawn Tsihu in waves. The waves increase in rarity and enemies spawned have increased rare item drop chance.

I'd rather have something that could serve a purpose both independently and alongside the THMPR.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what if mini thumpers were used for digging dug outs to hide inside but if your too late or spotted then the thumper will poop itself and fly into the skies leaving you with

A) hide back in the hole and hope they do not notice
B) Fight fight fight
C) Run away and call the cavalary
D) Shoot them and lure them in the hole as a trap.... that is sneaky!

Sep 3, 2016
I like all these ideas because players are creating by choices and crafted items their own missions and consequences.

I'd like thumpers thudders to have a basic crafting paradigm. The more mobs they pull the weaker their hulls. You'd really need to trust your party before dropping some of your items. But players will always egg each other on to risk more for greater mobs numbers.

Jul 31, 2016
If you are thinking of the thudder concept, I think we should have a deployable with a similar scale/event as thmprs. Just like THMPRs are intended for extracting minerals, THDDRS would be intended for a̶t̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶b̶s̶(̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶)̶.̶ distracting mobs.

I̶'̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶T̶s̶i̶h̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶l̶o̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶H̶D̶D̶R̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶T̶s̶i̶h̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶v̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶.̶

I'd rather have something that could serve a purpose both independently and alongside the THMPR.
There....fixed it for you :D