Dark debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2016
Are we going to have anything similar to it? I am not gonna lie, I thought melding was one of the coolest things about FF, because of how it made the bubble of safe territory feel secluded, because of how it looked with sweet effects and just the story and mystery behind it.

Should we be able to have expeditions inside such fields (with special equipment), or keep it like it was in FireFall were it was slow death?

Or do you think this was just a FireFall thing and it should die with that game?
Right. Hypocrite. :rolleyes:
It's only okay to look at firefall when it's you or if it's something you liked in that game.
Also I hate when people look to FireFall for examples on how to do things.
The reason people look to it for examples is because it's an easy go-to and one that a large majority of the current people in these forums know about, since they played that. It's easier to relate to when conveying your own ideas. I don't think it's bad to look to it for ideas or inspiration. Just critique them, pick the good parts and leave the bad ones behind, but also give reasoning for why you think they're bad or good. (and you have in this thread)

Just found it funny after railing on me for using it as an example you would go and do it... heh

Last edited:

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Right. Hypocrite. :rolleyes:
It's only okay to look at firefall when it's you or if it's something you liked in that game.

The reason people look to it for examples is because it's an easy go-to and one that a large majority of the current people in these forums know about, since they played that. It's easier to relate to when conveying your own ideas. I don't think it's bad to look to it for ideas or inspiration. Just critique them, pick the good parts and leave the bad ones behind, but also give reasoning for why you think they're bad or good.

Just found it funny after railing on me for using it as an example you would go and do it...
So you pretty much resurrect a dead topic, by quoting a single line from another topic that you take 100% literally, completely out of content, purposely ignoring our whole discussion leading to my reply containing that phrase. And the fact that I said this
If we will never do certain things only because they didn't work in FireFall, we might as well just shut down this project here now,
literally a sentence after that? If you are going that low, you should have just as well called me out on been a hypocrite right in the same topic on the same day, just for being on this forums and supporting Ember. I mean it's actually trying to be like FireFall by doing a lot of things that FireFall did, yet here I am supporting the shit out of it. Expect I didn't literally mean that we should not do every single thing that was done in FireFall, but instead was referring to our discussion about developers listening to the community.
But I can see how it was much more beneficial for you to misconstrue all of that by quoting a single line out of context in a different topic, days later...

I don't think it's bad to look to it for ideas or inspiration. Just critique them, pick the good parts and leave the bad ones behind, but also give reasoning for why you think they're bad or good.

Just found it funny after railing on me for using it as an example you would go and do it...
What I find really funny here, is that I actually did what you just said here, and you implied that it wouldn't work. In the FireFall, devs listened to the community, but they took to much advice on things that community probably shouldn't have had a say in (like important game mechanics which should be left to the designers). So I took the idea of listening to the community, and improved it by saying that developers should focus on taking input on suggestions like naming stuff, and visual design, basically things that will not effect the main gameplay mechanics.
You never agreed with me. So, days later, you post here, misconstruing our previous discussion, and saying that you are totally for supporting ideas like the one that I have suggested earlier that you shut down, all while acting like a victim, because I guess me replying to you twice is "railing" lol

Anyways, I'd call you a bigger hypocrite here, but it really wouldn't do you justice, the time and execution of this makes it something else. Bravo!

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
So you pretty much resurrect a dead topic, by quoting a single line from another topic that you take 100% literally, completely out of content, purposely ignoring our whole discussion leading to my reply containing that phrase. And the fact that I said this

literally a sentence after that? If you are going that low, you should have just as well called me out on been a hypocrite right in the same topic on the same day, just for being on this forums and supporting Ember. I mean it's actually trying to be like FireFall by doing a lot of things that FireFall did, yet here I am supporting the shit out of it. Expect I didn't literally mean that we should not do every single thing that was done in FireFall, but instead was referring to our discussion about developers listening to the community.
But I can see how it was much more beneficial for you to misconstrue all of that by quoting a single line out of context in a different topic, days later...

What I find really funny here, is that I actually did what you just said here, and you implied that it wouldn't work. In the FireFall, devs listened to the community, but they took to much advice on things that community probably shouldn't have had a say in (like important game mechanics which should be left to the designers). So I took the idea of listening to the community, and improved it by saying that developers should focus on taking input on suggestions like naming stuff, and visual design, basically things that will not effect the main gameplay mechanics.
You never agreed with me. So, days later, you post here, misconstruing our previous discussion, and saying that you are totally for supporting ideas like the one that I have suggested earlier that you shut down, all while acting like a victim, because I guess me replying to you twice is "railing" lol

Anyways, I'd call you a bigger hypocrite here, but it really wouldn't do you justice, the time and execution of this makes it something else. Bravo!
don't be so butthurt, it was just funny. I work a lot so delayed reply, yes it took a few days because I have a job :p

Last edited:

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
don't be so butthurt, it was just funny.
I think you were the butthurt one, since you actually bothered to bring something like that up days after everyone has already forgot about it all and moved on.

Jokes and witty sarcasm is funny, but if you find fun in misconstruing and twisting people's conversations, just to put them down, than you proving what I have already stated about your behavior.

Jul 27, 2016
I think you were the butthurt one, since you actually bothered to bring something like that up days after everyone has already forgot about it all and moved on.

Jokes and witty sarcasm is funny, but if you find fun in misconstruing and twisting people's conversations, just to put them down, than you proving what I have already stated about your behavior.
whatever helps you sleep at night.

Beemann

Jul 29, 2016
Yeah, a few people have grudges against me for making fun of them in Firefall. That and I call people on their crap.
I meant your jab and backpedal strat ;)

I am on my phone atm, but we can safely mark off good 7 to 8 points here so far. You are definitely going for gold here bud.
I hope you're basing that off of more than 2 posts, or just engaging equally in shitposting, because that's all I'm seeing here so far

Back on the melding-equivalent subject though, I'd love to see a dynamic event in which something godawful crawls out of there. Maybe encourage people to not mess around next to partially obscured, uncharted territory

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
I hope you're basing that off of more than 2 posts
Oh man, I remember that guy and his shit like this waaayy back from FireFall forums. That's why I am jumping straight to calling him out on the "I am just kidding it's all for fun" bullshit this time, just to let him know that I am clearly aware of who he is and how he operates. He probably also remembers me pretty well, hence the straight out back stab out of nowhere in the only topic I ever made here, where he quotes one line out of context and makes it red color! Like, its a single line in a quotation, do you really have to emphasize it more by making it different color? You betchya, when you are fabricating a perfect bullshit backstab, you do. lol

The sucky part is that it doesn't even matter to him, if I would have said nothing, I would have looked like a hypocrite that he said I was, and he would have taken it as a victory. I chose to defend myself, which requires me to write this long and elaborate explanations and proofs as to why that guy is full of shit, which is also kinda puts me at loss, as it wastes my time, while also making me look like I did something wrong. Which is prefect because this is all just a game for people like that, if you say nothing, its perfect, they will just keep shitting on you. If you defend yourself, its also fine, because now its an entertaining shit posting war, except you are on the defensive.

And before I wrap this up, I just want to point out that his original reply to you was:
Yeah, a few people have grudges against me for making fun of them in Firefall.
I saw that, and I was like "Ha! That sly bastard..." then I moved on with my life thinking; good thing that shit is over
But check this out, almost an hour later, he goes in, edits his reply, and adds the second part:
Yeah, a few people have grudges against me for making fun of them in Firefall. That and I call people on their crap.
Remember what it says in that image I linked above? "Seeks to dominate and win at all costs?"
It's like dude, you are full of shit and there is clear explanation why you are full of shit three replies above. Nope, he is right and he has to have the last word, so despite him accusing me of been hypocrite out of his ass, in his mind its still him actually calling out my crap.

Like what are you gonna do? Guess I will just keep calling him out on his crap heh.
It's just too bad this topic got messed up because of this.

Jul 27, 2016
This is a debate?

The sucky part is that it doesn't even matter to him, if I would have said nothing, I would have looked like a hypocrite that he said I was
At least you admitted it. We can move on now. It's actually not a big deal I just thought it was funny you say one thing then say another later on.

Nope, he is right and he has to have the last word, so despite him accusing me of been hypocrite out of his ass, in his mind its still him actually calling out my crap.
Yeah, I like the last word. I'll reply if necessary but other than that all has been said that needs to.

Jul 27, 2016
I am on my phone atm, but we can safely mark off good 7 to 8 points here so far. You are definitely going for gold here bud.

;)
I don't see how these are bad (other than untruthful, i always tell truth).
I have empathy, I stick up for the underdogs. I stick up for my friends.
Either way, I'd say most gamers are a bit of sociopaths when they play shooter games, especially the PVP crowd.

Either way, there's a thread already for your dislikes:
https://forums.emberthegame.com/threads/say-why-you-dislike-me.60/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.