Cool and quite possibly inspirational stuff (But no politics)

Jul 26, 2016

Mute the music if you don't like listening to foghorn techno. The reason I'm posting this isn't just for the knife tricks. It's the slow mo camera. They show each trick in normal speed and then show the trick slowed down so you can see how it's done and how much work each trick is.

Knife tricks are flashy. They are fast and they are intended to stupefy. But I find it more interesting to see this type of fast trick slowed down. Like magic tricks. Sometimes you just want to see how it's done versus seeing it done normally.

Jul 26, 2016

A kinda of wondered about this. You can ignore the words, since this is mainly an ad showing that basically cheap safety glass is ain't worth much. It shows a bunch of different safety glasses until it shows an crazy strong safety glass.

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
That layered glass didn't really stand a chance but that ESG glass i wonder how they made it. It looks like it was able to absorb the hits while maintaining the stractural integrity with only few pieces falling off now and again. I also wonder if it could withstand that thing they did in prison break to that wall.. Hooke's law of elasticity thing where it would be hit in strategic spots making it crumble on itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooke's_law

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
So i found this thing on wish, like few weeks ago i was looking for a grass trimmer that was cheap and well not so bulky due the limited space i have. Now i found this and it's battery operated but i will see how it works when it arrives but so far everything i have ordered has functioned perfectly ^^

It's just funny how you can find the things you need with little time and patience.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
found another one...

That is one motivated labrat.
This must be a real fun job smashing stuff!

This might be abit long but their rather cool ^^

^^
My fave gadget is the shelter shoes :D

was looking for a grass trimmer that was cheap and well not so bulky due the limited space i have. Now i found this and it's battery operated but i will see how it works
We got an electric one its a pain with the cable management and the petrol one's stink wonder how well the battery one performs & lasts hmm

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Well i get to discover that in 2-3 weeks but i really do hope it functions as well as the ionizing air purifier and the ultrasonic humidifier. The air purifier was wonderfull as it has stopped me from having a stuffy nose inside the appartment while the humidifier has given me restfull sleep especially in the heat wave as it's like a cooling mist that also helps me breathe better.

Jul 26, 2016
We got an electric one its a pain with the cable management and the petrol one's stink wonder how well the battery one performs & lasts hmm
well it should last Degiance fairly long because it's just grass that Degiance is cutting. Just got to be careful and ensure that the spinning part that holds the "blade" doesn't hit anything as hard as a rock. Generally that's the reason why the blades and hub breaks down on all of these things because the user gets careless with the tool.

People tend to forget that the tool is essentially an automatic baseball player at bat.

I would use longer zipties than the ones they show in that ad because it would make it less likely to accidentally slam a hard object onto the hub.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Good advice and i'm always careful with the tools i'm given unless i get an idea how to modify them slightly so they function longer or better or both.

Lucky or tough or both?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi
To survive two atomic bombs and live to the age of 93 with his wife who also survived the bombs and lived to the age of 93 and they had two daughters.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Good advice and i'm always careful with the tools i'm given unless i get an idea how to modify them slightly so they function longer or better or both.

Lucky or tough or both?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi
To survive two atomic bombs and live to the age of 93 with his wife who also survived the bombs and lived to the age of 93 and they had two daughters.
I am terrible with such tools but not as bad as i used to be! have been told would be more suited for demolition work, i'll take that as a compliment :D

Jul 26, 2016
I would also take that ad with a grain of salt. The bump to feed plastic lines came about because people got tired of the hassle to take the old metal cutting disc or blade out and resharpening it. You needed a bunch of tools or had to pay someone to do it. The bump to feed plastic line did away with that.

The bump to feed thing I hate because it's sitting on the hub that's spinning at a horrendous speed and will gets damaged with all the pebbles and crap a user inadvertently flings into the hub. The springs and gears holding the coil of plastic line will just wear down from the constant abuse. Even if you are super careful.

I got a gas powered one with a hub that just holds a length of cable. Sure I could buy those expensive pre-cut ones... or I could use a cheap line of plastic and cut my own. Brought 2000 yards of plastic line for $10 and probably only used a third of it in fifteen years. I kinda of regret buying that much now. Other than routine maintenance on the engine, it's been working swell for me.

Whatever blade you use is going to break. It's wearing down because it's hitting stuff that ain't just soft grass. You are also not really cutting stuff. You are bashing them with a high speed bat. That's why you can use zip ties to do this work. Just have it angled slightly so the stuff you are hitting doesn't come back at your tool.

Last edited: