Concept images in-engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slumber K

Jul 27, 2016
I'd love to see what models would look like in the Unreal Engine for this game, any ETA on when we can get a real glimpse of what's to come.

Jul 27, 2016
remember, the game IS NOT in developing right now, NOT EVEN in prototyping stage (afaik)
It's easy to forget with all the hype and the detailed descriptions of cool things to come. Starting the community and having articles about the game this early would be suicide if Kern didn't have this plan for smaller kickstarters for each milestone, including a playable prototype.

We still need to see how soon crowdfunding starts and how quickly that first milestone gets done though, because this dream could very easily stall if supporters lose interest. The risk might grow with each milestone, depending on how they are received and whether more supporters can be attracted so early in development.

Aurora

Terraformer
Jul 30, 2016
The person behind all of this just wants to see general demand for firefall 2.0 aka ember for now, I dont think people that are willing to form a ember producing company are in higher count like 5 (maybe more, who knows if people from r5 are willing to do it all over again). If you want a healthy game developing studio you should have around 300 employees, depending on scope of the project of course.
Also if they got PC Gamer and even someone like Force (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGhs9S33RAeT5DEuKTO4Oew) who as far as I know was producing handful of firefall content back in the day, I am sure that would help reaching to the loyal fans of firefall, because I can imagine most of the people dont yet know about this and the fact that r5 pretty much doesnt exist anymore. Hell, if I didnt have forum pm email notifications on and someone from the ember team/a bot didnt send me a pm notifying me about ember, I wouldnt know about it either and would be waiting for some next annoucment on steam/forums/site.

Creepjack

Deepscanner
Aug 31, 2016
Bad news: we are pretty far from something tangible...
Good news: UE allows for some ridiculously rapid prototyping so when the actual work WILL begin we shall see effects of it pretty soon.

Worked with UE for quite some and I'm very happy they are betting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.