Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

By now you're in the latest build and trying out the Chat.
This is the "barebones" version, to get it set up and started.
Much more is coming.

Let us know what you think of it down below.

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
The wide consensus on DC seems to be that people want UI customization of Chat location.
Option to disable auto-emoji.
Maybe an Emoji selector like in most other chat programs like DC.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
FFS stick to your own damned chief chat schedule.

- Give us early downloads so we can get it downloaded to participate properly.. the download didn't work properly for me for the entire stream.
- There is no mouse functionality to copy text from chat, or click links someone pastes.
- The chat MUST BE ON THE LEFT. English reads from left-to-right, and this is the primary failure of Destiny 2. I do not read chat and cannot interact with anyone because chat has to be at the bottom-left.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Its a start but sticking tongue out shows with the words not the emoji!

FFS stick to your own damned chief chat schedule.
Delays can happen its just one of those things like a train late to the station :oops:

- There is no mouse functionality to copy text from chat, or click links someone pastes.
Some links could be seen as security issue i'd imagine, unless it is specific to the game such as location co-ordinates etc. Not sure on the mouse functionality to copy text at least ctrl v works for pasting.

The chat MUST BE ON THE LEFT.
If the chat could be moved can either be left,right or where ever the player wants it.
If i remember right in firefall you could customize the U.I and where chat could be too.

Give us early downloads so we can get it downloaded to participate properly
I'd like that too not a deal breaker for me, could be for those who want to participate in the actual stream.

As long as i can play around with it later i am satisfied.

Also noticed this at first thought it was a new kind of kaiju but upon closer observation it is a big ouch.
bigouch.jpg
This is a chad i was told he looks like he could dance good hmm

Pacific and EU servers are not working at the time only US for me.

I am just happy we can chat hopefully more options will be added and easier way to select emoji's as well.

Last edited:

Zednel

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Hungary
There is a bug with mouse sensitivity:

In first-person, no matter how low I set it, is remains too sensitive, I just poke the mouse and I do a full 360. If I switch to third-person, then the sensitivity is what I set it to in the options.
Also, sometimes in first-person the horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity do not match - I can barely look up and down but sideways I spin like Sonic.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Okay, now THIS is gunplay. 8/10 easily.

Suggestions for future:

1. We need a way to replenish health. I'm thinking the Tsi-Hu soul spheres would be perfect for that.

2. The grapplers need guns of some sort. I say this because if you stay on the ground, you can just leave them alone and they won't hurt you. Actually, you know what would be even better? Give the grapplers melee abilities. It would make more sense if they "need" a grappling hook because they can't shoot you.

EDIT: 3. You guys said you had real resource names. IF that's the case, it'd be nice to have them in-game.

4. For the quality of resources, it would make more sense (to me anyway) as a decimal point. So for instance Christite (256) should be Christite (0.256).

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'd like to see an afk or busy near the name of the player if they are either afk or in mission could see this just before the name e.g.

[afk] Spyingpizza
[Busy] Spyingpizza

Another question how long would it take for the game to say ok your not really doing much press this random button H so that you wont be placed back into the base and then the next time it puts you in the lobby

Would such thing be added to prevent afk players going afk for long hours?

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Great demo as usual, glad to be able to chat within the game rather than depend on Discord. The statue is a... uh. It's definitely there, but it doesn't appear in the login screen camera, so good job with that!

Bugs and Feedback

- Same weird mouse sensitivity issue as Zednel as experienced in the previous demos. It has something to do with the Input or GameUserSettings ini files created on first run. Deleting the EmberMovementDemo folder and running it again seemed to replicate this issue. Fixing it however, changing one of the new mouse settings and apply/accept can most of the time. I'll attach a video of this when I get back home.
- The chat was working as intended when I first played, however at some point I was unable to scroll as well. As noted by GeyserGod, ALT + Z to hide the UI, then Enter, then you can scroll using the scroll bar. Otherwise, not possible. May only be US, Pacific worked fine.
- Worthwhile noting that hiding the UI does not hide the chat, despite it being part of the UI.
- Furthermore, changing the UI margins so it doesn't overlap the chat does NOT allow you to scroll without hiding the UI first. It does not move the chat either.
- Hitting 'Space' then 'Tab' (Thrust then Scoreboard) seems to focus chat sometimes, which is very frustrating if you're gliding or moving.
- Some emoticons don't carry over exactly the same as Discord, so it'd be great if they updated while you were writing your chat message, or were selectable in a table. An example is :+1: which is also :thumbsup:
- Would prefer an option to disable emoticons entirely.
- The collision on the Chad statue is weird. It really messes with your jumpjets if you collide with it, though you can move through it as if it isn't there. It does the same thing that occurs when you touch the ground while thrusting and they repeatedly activate.
- Resources still spawn in areas where the THMP-R can't be called down.
- The chat MUST BE ON THE LEFT. English reads from left-to-right, and this is the primary failure of Destiny 2. I do not read chat and cannot interact with anyone because chat has to be at the bottom-left.
- Seconded, but it should be customizable. Just a recommendation, but could you mock-up a full UI (with menu options, energy, abilities, etc.)? At present, it looks like abilities are in bottom left, chat bottom right, then future map and menu options in the top corners? Might be good to set an end goal is all.
- At 1:34PM AEST, I could send messages in Pacific and US, however they would not appear in chat. Logged in US around 1:36PM, chat finally loaded previous messages. My messages appeared around 1:41PM. Not sure what's going on there.

Weird and Interesting Things

-What's with the Tsi-hu colours? Captured on the Pacific server, doesn't seem to exist on US.
colours.png
colours2.png
- Anyone interested in rebinding keys can access the Input.ini file and change them as necessary, even when the game is running. But no, you can't activate the GliderPad, Skim, CrouchAction, StanceAction, TestThrust, RagdollAction or Alt-Fire options. Trust me. You can rebind the DebugWidget for some FPS, Ping and Playcount numbers, and the WalkAction to make the omniframe walk (though it messes with the camera in 3rd Person).

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Found some bugs:

1. There appears to be some lag between sending a message and it appearing in Chat.

2. Tsihu sometimes get stuck, in and out of rifts

3. at one point my THMP-R just vanished, don't know why

4. sometimes you're not able to scroll in the inventory screen.

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I think I missed this demo, because I just played the glider demo today and this was the first time I've seen the chat. The only comment I have about the chat is that discord provides an API to embed a chat window into a web page. I didn't know what would be involved with trying to embed a discord chat window into a game, but it might be possible. ✌️♥️

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I've been running around today scanning and THMP-ing. A couple of things I noticed.
  1. sometimes the ore flies up into the air which is nice because I can see where it lands. But then sometimes they fall underground.
  2. Can we get the resource screen to sort by quality?
  3. also the resource screen doesn't scroll but it looks like there is a scroll bar on it.. can't seem to get it to work. (my mouse is a razer naga 2014)

ScorpyX

Deepstriker
Jul 29, 2016
in "Glide Turning demo" - chat kind of not working for me
- when i enter message - chat not autoscrolling
- i cant scroll chat with mouse cursor ( scroll bar not active )
- so i see new messages after few minutes when it suddenly scroll
- Chat widget not using "UI Margins" in Gameplay menu
( which can be a pain for players with Ultra Wide screen )
( also 21:9 UW screens become more popular - almost 10% of players)
( 16:9 screens still hold 67.60% of players for now )

i dont care about chat state right now
its bare minimum and i understand how hard can it be to setup UI and backend
all i want - just minimum working chat with auto scrolling
which will fulfill social interaction requirement

also will be good to add time to game and timestamp in messages

( its cool what centralized chat works between different demo builds )
( "Enter" button is excellent choice to open chat - i dont know why other developers always fail at this )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.