Abillity customization idea

Does this seem like a good idea if the devs are willing to do it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now from what it seems like are weapons will be customization and so are the frames but what about abilities? I think we should have a great deal of customization with them. I think this might be a good idea might be complicated but if put int right I think it would be GREAT!

The idea is you have different mods for your abilities that will effect what your ability does and what it is let the list begin:

First: a mod to determine is its offensive, defensive, or support.
Second: a mode to determine its element. Fire, Water, energy, bio/toxic, explosive and others
third: a mod to determine its projectile if it even has one. from character, single shot, swarm, stream, others
Forth: the shape of the ability so a square circle sphere, no shape [body tight], other.

Now keep in mind this is an idea but also if this was the case there would be so many combos it might be to much. Some wont make sense at all and maybe should not be created such as a support explosive with any projectile and any shape. If anyone has a good idea what that would be let me know cause I sure as heck don't. Though a few examples I can think of these abilities and what they would be based off Firefall abilities.

Mammoth: defensive, energy, from character, square >>>> you get mammoth's shield wall
Mammoth: defensive, energy, from character, no shape >>>> heavy armor
Mammoth: defensive, energy, from character, sphere >>>> thunderdome
Dragonfly: Support, bio/toxic, single shot, sphere >>>> healing ball [we nicknamed it healing nuke]
Dragonfly: support, bio/toxic, single shot, circle >>>> healing pillar
Firecat: offensive, fire, stream, circle or no shape [not sure which on fits]>>>> Firecat's new thermal wave

Now lets not let the list go to far but we can switch those so maybe make the third mammoth ability shown as an example, lets switch energy to maybe earth instead of a giant dome maybe your frame pounds the ground and the ground raises around you making a wall of rock that defends around you. or switch dragonfly's first ability from support to Offensive now we got toxic ball. There would be many combos, and almost all of Firefalls current and old abilities can be made in this system with many more custom ones, with sadly some combos just not working cause they to not make sense. Though I want you to keep in mind this might be a bad idea do to the fact of how many combos there are / could be its a LOT. Also add on the fact that is just to make the ability you want you still have the stats to mess with so maybe a fast shield wall but weak or a super strong shield was but slow on the recharge.

So what abilities can you make from this system? either ones that existed in Firefall or new? what would they be called?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
SPECIAL ABILITY, HUH? LEMMI BURN UP MAH STUPID BRAIN A BIT.....

SO, MY IMAGINATION. IS....

ABILITY COMES NOT ONLY WITH MODS BUT ALSO WITH FRAME PARTS.

SAY I GIVE MY SYBIAN AN SHOULDER ROCKET POD, IT COMES WITH AN ROCKET SALVO ABILITY.
OR AN GRAPPLING HAND FOR GRAPPLING HOOK ABILITY. IRON MAN HAND FOR LASER BEAM ABILITY.

WELL, THOSE KIND OF SH*T. THAT'S MY STUPID THOUGHTS ON ABILITY

SPECIAL ABILITY, HUH? LEMMI BURN UP MAH STUPID BRAIN A BIT.....

SO, MY IMAGINATION. IS....

ABILITY COMES NOT ONLY WITH MODS BUT ALSO WITH FRAME PARTS.

SAY I GIVE MY SYBIAN AN SHOULDER ROCKET POD, IT COMES WITH AN ROCKET SALVO ABILITY.
OR AN GRAPPLING HAND FOR GRAPPLING HOOK ABILITY. IRON MAN HAND FOR LASER BEAM ABILITY.

WELL, THOSE KIND OF SH*T. THAT'S MY STUPID THOUGHTS ON ABILITY
I like that idea as well! makes sense me just putting the ideas down for people

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
A decoy ability with higher health before the decoy is destroyed
A stationary hologram that duplicates in random points either in a radius or in a line to attract enemy fire to focus
A small teleporter that switches you between yourself to the decoy limited use and range due to power constriant