A small request I have for Ember

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I'd like that to.

"The Tsihu aren’t really *here*. They are phasing in and out in crackles of lightning and electricity", Tsihu spawning could also be quite a show during the dark nights.
That moment where you thought they're have a huge disco party, but are actually just fighting Rabbits at night

Aug 14, 2016
On top of that add things like night vision and thermal vision for us people who like play as stealth. So we can move around and attack enemies in the dark without having to use things like flashlights giving away where we are.

And if the Tsihu also have things like night vision and thermal vision than we can use things like flashlights and flares to blind them while fighting in the dark. You ever have turn on a bright light without warning while you are using your night vision? It hurts your eyes and it is kind of a shock to the system. Even if it doesn't stun you, you still have to take a moment for eyes to adjust. In the meantime you are blinded.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like to see dark holes appearing from the grounds with a distinctive chains latching around unsuspecting legs!
........shoot shoot the chain otherwise you get dragged into their underworld where its ever darker :eek:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The dark nights were quite immersive...but...I don't want every night to be a dark dark night.

Also, what about other environment conditions like wind, rain, fog, smoke, etc?

https://forums.emberthegame.com/threads/regarding-night-vision.213/#post-5089

Mmm...yes.

I cannot even recall what flares used to be like in FF 1,5-2 years ago, or even if they were different than they are now, but it would add the immersion, the thrill and to the difficulty of nightly encounter if we had to rely on flares, flashlight, night or thermal vision. Especially in caves. Outside, the light of natural satellites (plural, even) could aid us, so we wouldn't have to use up aiding equipment or rely heavily on them. But, in pitch black caves, we'd only see as far as a flare would illuminate the dark. We'd hear the creatures moving around and some would blindly fire into the darkness, like, in the cinematic intro for FireFall. With night and thermal vision, this could be further improved.

Apart from moons, it would also be lovely to see more natural light-sources, in the form of bio-luminescent flora. Strange plants. Some campfires or torches hanging from fixture, the embers of which could be seen from far away, would also add to the look of the game.

Thunderstrike

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Aug 29, 2016
Bio-luminescent plants sounds like a really cool idea, and if the initial concepts for Ember are snow, ash and lava it'll offer some much needed diversity in the game world's vistas. It reminds me of some of the original Melding creatures, how they'd have glowy tentacles and stuff which only ended up getting use on the Culexes. One of the old trailers showed Melded Terrorclaws with them, and there's still that creature from the first cinematic trailer that we never saw AFAIK.

Bio-luminescent plants sounds like a really cool idea, and if the initial concepts for Ember are snow, ash and lava it'll offer some much needed diversity in the game world's vistas. It reminds me of some of the original Melding creatures, how they'd have glowy tentacles and stuff which only ended up getting use on the Culexes. One of the old trailers showed Melded Terrorclaws with them, and there's still that creature from the first cinematic trailer that we never saw AFAIK.
Also a lot of both plant-like and artificial structures in Firefall looked like they were glowing, but didn't actually produce any light. Like those weird black growths in Sertao that looked like they were glowing red in their caps and would even burn you, but there were no effects. Not light or any.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
I was one of the few who actually appreciated and made use of flares way back when. Darkness added both an element of danger and a reason to use light sources intelligently. Including intelligent play options goes is a reward in itself.

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
Yep dark nights and, in general, dark places sounds liek fun. I remeber, in beta of FF, when i was doing some ARES missions in this cave North-est from Thump Dump. It wsant darkes palce, but how it got dimer as you vere movign futher in, with sunrays comign in from holes in cellign realy agve it noce atmosphere. I remeber, how i first encountered this giant crystite-arahna there. It just poped ot from soem dark corner. Freaked the hall ot of me.

Ahh, good times.

Fillmore

Kaiju Slayer
Ark Liege
Ember Dev
Kaiju Whisperer
Jul 26, 2016
Utah, USA
I like the idea of dark nights (even though I'd probably poop myself in fear if anything jumped out at me). However, if we're riding around in hi-tech Omniframes with holographic AR displays, wouldn't night vision just be built in and projected in front of us? It feels like that would be a standard feature, especially if the frames were built with a mind towards mining. In the pure dark of a mine tunnel, I get it why flashlights and flares would be necessary. On the surface, though, I would think there is enough starlight/moonlight that a night vision system would give decent visibility without added light sources.

Hmm... Does EM-8ER have a moon or moons?