Not open for further replies.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Jeez! I knew Raid Shadow legends was a money grabbing Mobile Game scheme but didnt know how bad it was.
**- Company owned by a Video gambling and slot machine distributor
**- CEO of the company actually wrote an internal memo calling the companies branching out into the mobile game market as an extension of their GAMBLING framework
**- Boss of the US branch is also head of the largest Pro-Gambling Lobbing/Advocacy group in Washington.. No wonder the Gov looks the other way...

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Jeez! This Pandemic is EXTRA rough on some services! Poor pizza delivery guy had to invent his own body armor because delivering pizza in bad neighborhoods during a pandemic is dangerous!

Jul 26, 2016
I don't know how that case is going to happen since it sounds like this is case of double jeopardy. His own lawyer is saying that the new filing is using the same crime that he was persecuted for.
The feds got to provide new evidence otherwise the courts will throw the case out because it violates double jeopardy laws.

The ex-governor didn't pardon him but commuted his sentence which means all the governor did was change the prison time such that he was released immediately for the time he served. That means the crime he committed is recorded on his record as being served. So I don't know how the feds can bring up on the same charges for the same crime he committed & served time for without breaking double jeopardy laws.

I know the ex-governor gave out alot of pardons before he left office {that is being investigated by the feds on the grounds the ex-governor violated laws to do the pardons}. A lot of pardons was pretty iffy.

If the ex-governor pardoned the guy and gave him a full (unconditional) pardon then it makes sense. With a full pardon, it removes the crime from his record and gives the person his innocence back. So technically if the feds wanted to charge him again, they could since crime and justice stuff was removed from his sentence. But since he commuted his sentence, I don't see how they have the grounds to charge him again for the same crime.

I'm not saying I support the pedophile, I'm just saying I don't understand what the feds are doing other that making sure their case is instantly killed by the courts. Unless this is just a ploy to keep him within their reach so when they figure out a way to kill his sentence commutation, they could just arrest him quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.