Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Just a small update. No new snazzy pictures to show. Artists are doing the not-so-exciting-to-see work of topology of their models...
It's a small update, no "snazzy" new pics, and the artists are doing the "not-so-exciting" stuff but, it is STILL an update and chock full of details to boot! ^_^

The riggers are working through a lot of technical challenges with the Omniframe...humans getting in and out, arms mirroring the mech arms with controls, flaps and split body animation planning. It's not going to be an easy rig.
This sounds like a serious challenge! I hope the riggers are up for it!

Michael Bross is getting started on the music for the THMPR demo encounter. His schedule has freed up and work begins next week. I'm really excited to be working with him again on the music. I loved his music for Firefall.
I can hardly WAIT to hear the soundtrack Mr. Bross comes up with for EM-8ER! If it's anything close to Firefall's it'll be MIND-BLOWINGLY FANTASTIC! :D

On another front, an hour a night is being aside to write up test rules for the tabletop RPG of the Em-8ER universe. Em-8ER is set in the Crixa Universe, and more than a few ideas will cross pollinate between the two games. Crixa fans have been waiting for a long time for work to start here, while Em-8ER has taken up much of the focus and time. We hope to do some quick playtests with local friends and undoubtedly ideas from the tabletop will help shape the missing sections of Em-8ER's lore and mechanics.
I know @Wyntyr and I are VERY STOKED to see this happening! :cool::cool::cool:

Finally, while this is not a goal for the Kickstarter, we do have a test multiplayer server running and I'll be logging in this week to check it out. Nothing fancy, just the Unreal mannequin running around, but even WoW started this way so I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks it for now. Thanks for supporting us and letting us make this game!
Oooh ... a test multiplayer server ... and it's running!

I'M SO EXCITED! . . .

:D:cool::D:cool:

FutureRetro

Omega Founder
Jan 27, 2017
Now that is good news. Never found a replacement for Firefall so far - and a big part of that is the music Michael created. Still listening to the tunes these days. So I really like where this is going.

As I will be employed again in January (woohoo, money), what´s the current way to contribute or when will the next round start? Would love to jump on the em8er train and become a "founder" (or what´s it called here).

RaZoR

Death Reaper
Jul 26, 2016
Hi @Grummz
Nice work sofar on your endeavour.
I was wondering, if it's at all possible to show a small clip/recording on your progress, as you venture onto server time, testing the mechanics and gameplay as you move forward.
Most of us (99%), will never get a chance to be a part of it, so a small video would be great.
Thankyou.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Now that is good news. Never found a replacement for Firefall so far - and a big part of that is the music Michael created. Still listening to the tunes these days. So I really like where this is going.

As I will be employed again in January (woohoo, money), what´s the current way to contribute or when will the next round start? Would love to jump on the em8er train and become a "founder" (or what´s it called here).
Hey @FutureRetro ! o/

EM-8ER'S DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE ESTIMATE:
The previous campaign, Milestone 3 on IndieGoGo, ended July 2017. The devs are estimating to have the initial mock up of a single player THMPR encounter completed in Q1 of 2018. After the mock up is done, the launch of the Kickstarter campaign will begin. The Kickstarter will have its own unique perks.

Following that, likely a year or so until early access. Then around a year after that for the full game's release.

I hope this helps! ~ Faeryl

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Hi @ Grummz
Nice work sofar on your endeavour.
I was wondering, if it's at all possible to show a small clip/recording on your progress, as you venture onto server time, testing the mechanics and gameplay as you move forward.
Most of us (99%), will never get a chance to be a part of it, so a small video would be great.
Thank you.
Hello @RaZoR ! o/ Check out these links ...

VIDEO CHANNELS FOR EM-8ER CONTENT:
EM-8ER ON TWITCH: https://go.twitch.tv/em8ermpw
CRIXA/EM-8ER ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdW3l3tlPuUed_DmNkJadCw
JOE SOLO ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSieVxJhO1EbiRVn3XfYerA

The Crixa/EM-8ER YouTube has some videos with Grummz chatting about EM-8ER.
On Joe Solo's YouTube, he has some really awesome EM-8ER modeling video samples there! ^_^

FAN-MADE VIDEO OF THE EM-8ER THMPR ART DEMO:

I hope this helps answer your questions, RaZor!

:):cool::D

RaZoR

Death Reaper
Jul 26, 2016
Hello @RaZoR ! o/ Check out these links ...

VIDEO CHANNELS FOR EM-8ER CONTENT:
EM-8ER ON TWITCH: https://go.twitch.tv/em8ermpw
CRIXA/EM-8ER ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdW3l3tlPuUed_DmNkJadCw
JOE SOLO ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSieVxJhO1EbiRVn3XfYerA
Thanks Faeryl.
Will have to try out the next live show. Not available some days, so working around free time and stream time can be hit or miss.
Not sure if there's a limitation on the duel streaming recordings at 480, but if possible 720 would be great. Maybe bandwidth or storage constraints. So so.
Grummz mentioned his multiplayer server tests. Just thinking maybe showing a few recordings somewhere is all.
Cheers.

Sonic Nova

Firstclaimer
Sep 13, 2016
Community: "... say how goes the carving?"
Grummz: "Their work is magnificent, but no where near as good as the other tidings I bring.
PEOPLE OF EM-8ER FORUMS... THE TEST SERVER... WILL BE STRESSED!!!"
<community gives standing ovation, which abruptly stops as their gaze switches to the server, red glint in their eyes>
Community: "omae wa mou shindeiru"
Server: "NANI?!"

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

I imagine a magnificent beam appearing from the skies and behold the mech
in all its delight summoned by you! the Em8erion Guardians of the stars protecting things such as strange rocks for good use
and rocks for ornaments in the home. and many things that could be dangerous to some!

Also a bike hovering before it thuds and gleams waiting to be taken off and rides
like a horse that has eaten the most amazing dish with extra spices sprinkled with a hint of mint...the electrical trails
follow the bike like hyperactive worms towards the back wheel. Just as it thrusts off the cliff into a strange
gate, only wonder where the rider has gone?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.