New pilot to mech balance idea

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I am sure there is a way to make the operator important and not so much the mech and have the mech too. Which is what I thought the game would be like. I said it a million times make it maybe so that when you fight you call in your mech when cooldown is ready and it is necessary to have it. Not wear it and be in it all the time. Take my favorite anime movie of all time, voltes v. You care about the robot. But it doesn't come together until it is needed. Then you have the contrast of how cool it is when they come together which is the coolest part in the movie or anime. You have to have contrast. Also notice how the characters are so important and they manage to make you care for them. So much that people use to pick a favorite. Same with voltes v strongest weapon, laser sword. He only uses it for his last resort. Contrast is key when making movies, anime and even games. I wish mechs would be on cooldowns and only used when needed and with limited fuel so we can appreciate the mechs and go wow, you saw how it landed when I asked for it and how cool the battle turns into? Not just be ruining around with it all the time. Looses it's magic fast. Be careful with all the yes man we have in this forum. Listen to who is critical and wants the game to succeed not just be happy with what ever they throw at them.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Welcome back 0v3rkill, thanks for reminding about the mechs those other items are good too!

I am sure there is a way to make the operator important and not so much the mech and have the mech too.
I guess they are both important for sure, but without the pilot the mech wouldn't be the complete super unit.

We could have

mekandpilot.jpg

1627152077516.jpeg
Nice figures of mechs and pilots and a place to house the pilots inside too.

make it maybe so that when you fight you call in your mech when cooldown is ready and it is necessary to have it. Not wear it and be in it all the time.
I do not want to be in the mek all the time because there are other things i'd like to go into such as the bike or other vehicles even go on foot inside buildings and all that so the cool down for mech sounds like a good option.

Then you have the contrast of how cool it is when they come together which is the coolest part
Imagine that you could have all in the cool down and between the team of 4 players as an example you could link up your meks in that party to form the Reaper mek Stryker

That may depend on the individuals mek because if it was 4 heavy mek combined then it could be a ultra tank mek. So the pilots mek's choices could influence the Reaper mek Stryker in some way.

Pilot A - Movement / melee
Pilot B - Scans & Abilities
Pilot C - Main Weapon
Pilot D - Auxiliary Weapon

Controls could change after a time to let pilots to play with another area of the Reaper mek Stryker!!!

This cool down would be much more since it is a powerful Mek and it could also mean it needs resources for this purpose.

Specifically to recharge its ultimate abilities and the fusion state of the meks combining together. and as well as using ultimate ability such as a powerful weapon like a laser sword or even a ion cannon etc!

I also think we need Em8er ducks to bring to pool parties these can be of various styles with name on it.
1627152204876.jpeg
They can also be used for splash in the tub time or as a companion for other toys!

Last edited:

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I love mechs. But, in a game where the mech is the topic, the star, the selling point it has to be exclusive to a moment in the game. If you use it all the time it cheapens the experience. It will get boring fast. On cool down people will appreciate them a lot more. Which is what doesn't happen in mech warriors and that's why that game gets boring fast. In mech movies you show their best abilities for last. They should do the same in em-8er, you make the mech exclusive. You need to want that mech to win the fight. Cause obviously we would lose the fight to the aliens without the mech. Then as we get kills our cooldown get ready, we call in our mechs and the entire dynamic of the battlefield changes. Much more contrast and depth which I think it will be lacking since we have our mechs all the time.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I love mechs. But, in a game where the mech is the topic, the star, the selling point it has to be exclusive to a moment in the game. If you use it all the time it cheapens the experience. It will get boring fast. On cool down people will appreciate them a lot more. Which is what doesn't happen in mech warriors and that's why that game gets boring fast. In mech movies you show their best abilities for last. They should do the same in em-8er, you make the mech exclusive. You need to want that mech to win the fight. Cause obviously we would lose the fight to the aliens without the mech. Then as we get kills our cooldown get ready, we call in our mechs and the entire dynamic of the battlefield changes. Much more contrast and depth which I think it will be lacking since we have our mechs all the time.

I see what you mean its got to feel like saving the mek / vehicle for that moment otherwise using it all the time just doesn't make it feel special but oh its just a mek.

How long would the cool down be though if this was done?

Would that depend on the tech tier unlock so higher tier tech would give you stronger meks / vehicles and things but the cool down could be longer than the lower tier tech?

So what could happen if our mek was destroyed more than a few times could that mean our cool down is increased and could we have the use of alternative means such as vehicles, even force to fight as pilots while taking cover behind our friendly mek allies and environments?

I 'd like to see a crouching and prone position for pilots they would certainly be handy however for the meks i am not sure i mean the light frame mek could possibly, and the medium and heavy probably not or a short crouch perhaps hmm.

This reminds me we could have pilot customizable mech masks with all this corona poops nice em8er mask.

From tech like masks to cloth material masks.

The Reaper mask for infiltration!

&

1627207754530.jpeg
Scorpian mask is good i'd imagine one with patterns of standard issue Reapers

1627208074504.jpeg
The Reaper's engineer choice of helmet