Tsi-Hu Grappling build is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
While on Medium anti-aliasing, you'll get a bright whitish-to-blue glowing effect, which either is caused by or at least resembles rim lighting. The brightness and intensity of the glow depends on the angle you're looking at. I'm assuming this is related to the demo's lighting not being tweaked from the default, but reporting it just in case it's something new.
unknown (4).png
unknown (3).png
Screenshot_9.png
unknown (2).png

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Alright, i hope everyone had a fun holiday season, i sure did. My advice always is: don't do anything i wouldn't do and i took my own advice. So yeah, i didn't even make it till new year. Had to put the breaks on by the 28th.

I had fun though...

Looking back on my feedback of the build, it' samey, i would just change my tone a bit. As was pointed out this is just a test build and it's not expected to be "fully playable" anyway, i just didn't expect that the new build would make it LESS fully playable than the previous build, hence the little meltdown.

Hope everyone had a save and pleasant holiday season. Looking forward to new builds coming out but in the meantime i won't be as active on feedback etc, this is also part of a new year's resolution to take a step back from things that are not directly "dat to day" life stuff.

Don't do anything i wouldn't do. Bad advice.

But have fun and the game looks promising so far, so yeah, still looking forward to Em8er.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Alright, i hope everyone had a fun holiday season, i sure did. My advice always is: don't do anything i wouldn't do and i took my own advice. So yeah, i didn't even make it till new year. Had to put the breaks on by the 28th.

I had fun though...

Looking back on my feedback of the build, it' samey, i would just change my tone a bit. As was pointed out this is just a test build and it's not expected to be "fully playable" anyway, i just didn't expect that the new build would make it LESS fully playable than the previous build, hence the little meltdown.

Hope everyone had a save and pleasant holiday season. Looking forward to new builds coming out but in the meantime i won't be as active on feedback etc, this is also part of a new year's resolution to take a step back from things that are not directly "dat to day" life stuff.

Don't do anything i wouldn't do. Bad advice.

But have fun and the game looks promising so far, so yeah, still looking forward to Em8er.
So far so good, sometimes a mental and physical battle but other times things are not so bad.
Funny the quiet open areas i have just got so used to now it is in some way relaxing and hardly any cars.

Although really do want things to get back to some kind of normality, and above all else get a job too.
Other than that keeping healthy keeping sane well to the best of ability sometimes those late night can't sleep and you just notice it is 5am in the morning oop.

Its good to take a step back and priorities things i am going to work on mine which is sleep if i don't I'll turn into a zombie :O

Every Reaper has got some day to day poops get on top of that and will all be waiting to continue on the team effort so stay safe and eat your vegetables!!!!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
In an upcoming version would it be possible to get a direction indicator for which enemy is attempting to grapple you so you have a chance to fight it before it throws.
I like that idea, hate it when we have no idea who is the culprit!!!
Wonder if the actual grappling line glows or that the enemy using the grappler could have some really interesting sound as it fires here is one from super metroid

Now imagine when we get our hands on a grappler like this

Aug 24, 2016
Worland, Wyoming, USA
The biggest problem I have found so far is when the Tsi-hu glitch spawn in stacks at one of the pilons and then target fixate on you. it ends up kind of looking like what I picture being on the receiving end of a minigun would look like. just one big continuous stream of bullets.

Aug 24, 2016
Worland, Wyoming, USA
Ok I broke the spawners, I have been looking at the exact same 3 grouping of spawners for the last 10 minutes and they haven't spawned a single Tsi-hu yet
It has now been 20 minutes as the only person in here right now and they are still in the same state I have tried death by spawner but that didn't work next is the log out test

{edit} logged out and back in still persisting I have officially broke the demo

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
The biggest problem I have found so far is when the Tsi-hu glitch spawn in stacks at one of the pilons and then target fixate on you. it ends up kind of looking like what I picture being on the receiving end of a minigun would look like. just one big continuous stream of bullets.
What Demo are you on? Just a heads up this thread is for the grappling Demo. Just so you know there is a separate thread for feedback for the shooting/Tsi-hu combat Demo. (I sometimes make that mistake also LOL)

Last edited:

lkw#0593

Omega Founder
Jun 9, 2020
Couple of things I just noticed that I don't think I saw in the thread
  • The grapple warning seems to get stuck on sometimes and won't go away
  • Missiles still seem to lock to players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.