It would be better if Grummz

Marakurt

Forerunner
Feb 7, 2019
It would be better if Grummz brought back Red 5 Studios and the rights to the game Firefall. And he continued to develop her world further, etc., and not Free-to-play, since I bought and play!

Jan 26, 2017
Portugal
Sadly, that's simply not possible. I don't even know if Red 5 still exists in the first place.
EDIT: I meant The9, not Red 5. All these numbers and names are confusing me :p

And frankly, I know this is a controversial opinion, but I think I'm liking how Em-8ER's looking more than Firefall, actually. I like the kaiju, the more "mecha" mech suits, and I like how much closer the devs are to us as a community. Plus it's a more modern game and on Unreal Engine, so it's gonna look better.

Last edited:

Marakurt

Forerunner
Feb 7, 2019
Sadly, that's simply not possible. I don't even know if Red 5 still exists in the first place.

And frankly, I know this is a controversial opinion, but I think I'm liking how Em-8ER's looking more than Firefall, actually. I like the kaiju, the more "mecha" mech suits, and I like how much closer the devs are to us as a community. Plus it's a more modern game and on Unreal Engine, so it's gonna look better.
And what does he look like? If there is practically nothing yet, except dumb "mecha"

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Like @Thorp said, there is absolutely no chance Firefall is coming back. Hoping for that is pointless. The9 have made it very clear that they will not sell the IP, least of all to Grummz.

Even if they do sell, and Grummz somehow manages to get hold of it, all you will get is the IP. The game itself will require complete reconstruction from the ground up, including the engine, since there is practically nobody who knows how the original engine works (it was a heavily customized engine). This means a lot of money will have to be invested into rebuilding what we originally had.

Em-8ER, as it stands, has had several thousands invested into it over the last 3 years. All of that investment came from within the community. To throw away all that money, time, and hard work, and chase Firefall again will be unfair in the extreme towards the community that backed it.

As much as Firefall was loved by its players, it's dead and needs to be set aside. While you may disregard the current state of Em-8ER as 'nothing yet, except dumb 'mecha'', the game is far too early in development. You will see more, and quicker progress, after a successful kickstarter.

If, however, this is a matter of personal taste, then there is little that can be done. There are next to no games in the market that can provide an experience that comes remotely close to Firefall, and honestly very few developers are willing to break the mould and build something new. They rather regurgitate the same old Battle Royales and MOBAs which earns them a quick buck. Em-8ER is currently your best bet to get the Firefall experience.

Jul 26, 2016
eh... don't be a downer Maven.

Yo, Marakurt ... if you really want firefall back, then contact The9 yourself and try to buy the IP for yourself since The9 ain't never going to give that IP back to Mark or anyone claiming to work for or is any way affiliated with Mark.

Who knows, maybe you'll actually get it.
Then you can work hard to bring your dreams back.
Good luck.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
like to think about the past alot even when it comes to music and shows and all that stuff :D

Would like to see how we can cope in live game:

- out of the meks (sure we be more squishy but could there be a way to play out of mek too hmm)

- in the meks (This is going to be the main way a sight to see meks zooming around and the action that takes place!)

- in/on our vehicles/mounts (motorbikes and other types, i am excited by this the motorbike hope it has some mod slot/features?))

By the way i think Em8er is FIrefall 2
o_O