Cosmetics, what if…?

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
What if the premium shop (premium currency) will not sell the cosmetics but will sell blueprints for the cosmetics?

In this case, blueprints aren’t tradeable or sellable but the cosmetics are, and they are one use only.

So, if only the blueprints are sold to players, they could turn them in an investment, they could craft as many cosmetics as they want or can with their resources, and sell them in the market for profit (non-premium currency). This could make more people to buy cosmetics.

In the pet case (that I hope that they don’t end being only cosmetic) they could be bred and mate with other pets (from the same player or others) to make more pets, while the inorganic pets will need to be spent some resources to help them make new ones.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Cosmetics for premium currency was the very successful 75-150? red bean per change of skin/texture/etc. Different colors had a larger range. I didn't like it then but saw the business of it and accepted it. Now that we lost firefall, I want that stability even more for Em-8ER.

It is simple and effective. Dont fix what ain't broke

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I agree that from the standpoint of raising real $$$ to fund the game, it makes sense to use the tried and true model.

However, I kind of like the idea as a side idea that folks could obtain (buy with in game or real $$$ ????) blueprints to make stuff that requires in game resources to construct. That would help keep folks engaged and farming for resources to make the stuff.

But...

In really broad strokes, isn't tha already what we are doing by obtaining resources to create the machinery to terraform as to cooperativel play to beat back Tsi Hu and terraform?

For later in the game development process, adding this sort of thing to fuel a player based economy might be fun if done right.

Jun 26, 2018
No market for premium currency items, but maybe like in FF, where you could exchange crystite (the basic currency) into credits and then the credits into red beans (premium currency).

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
In many games we can only sold items between a minimum and a maximum price so players could not troll the game.

In this way players could do like in the old firefall, by buying premium currency with game currency to buy the cosmetic blueprints, or buy cosmetics in the market using game currency.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if the premium shop (premium currency) will not sell the cosmetics but will sell blueprints for the cosmetics?

In this case, blueprints aren’t tradeable or sellable but the cosmetics are, and they are one use only.

So, if only the blueprints are sold to players, they could turn them in an investment, they could craft as many cosmetics as they want or can with their resources, and sell them in the market for profit (non-premium currency). This could make more people to buy cosmetics.

In the pet case (that I hope that they don’t end being only cosmetic) they could be bred and mate with other pets (from the same player or others) to make more pets, while the inorganic pets will need to be spent some resources to help them make new ones.
Lets say the bp are found ingame and then there are variation of the bp in the store.
The bp could have a restriction especially store one's as they are purchased but it doesn't mean you can't craft again once you made 1 for yourself it just means you will have to collect more resources because of its unique properties/style the other restriction is selling this cannot be below a certain cost set from the start.

E.g Standard bp Makes headwear 2 tone colour and have small wings on the side
E.g. Store variation Bp makes headwear have holographic look with small laser chroma wings

E.g. Standard is free and can be created by all once bp is found and resources all collected.
E.g. Store variation is purchased but needs more resources from particular areas, selling the cosmetic
is locked to a certain currency point and cannot sell below that point. This results in more time needed to create and validated.

With the pets could there be such as pet sliders to customize them just like our pilots?

I am not sure how breeding would work could this be a different tree line for crafters to focus on pets?

What kind of pets could we create?
- Domesticated pets to keep moral and friendlies happy
- Specialized pets to focus on certain areas e.g hunter- trackers, healer, guardian, etc etc
- fashion/ team mascot pet could have unique traits and sound to represent team or event style

What does the process take perhaps a special facility that needs to be created, certain resources and samples from pets and from the environment to be collected in the machine.

Construct deck to see a 3d version of a pet as it spins slowly and created before your very eyes.
Pets are controlled by link bands the emotions can be seen by the pet or owner if the pet is sad the emoji face appears on your hud.