Baseline technology

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hologram ships, fighters, and missiles. Solid holograms are made of light but they can also vibrate the air and water around them to make sound too.
That is very interesting for locating things like a scan hammer vibration, i love the waves it made that scan hammer!

I'm not going to add an hologram to my mothership to make it look and sound like a sky whale now.
Thats a good point could bring unwanted attention :D

Recon drone have more sensors and longer range than the other drones. They can mark enemies and other objects of interest. They can allow you see through things like walls, rocks, and other stuff using 3D mapping and overlaying technology. And they can share their targeting data with other friendlies in the area. Because of the sensor array they can also highlight enemy weak points so you can do the most possible damage to them if you hit those spots.
Could they even indicate hacking systems options of certain enemies/structures and how long left before being detected.

Medic drone can help heal people and make small shields to protect them while reviving them as down person. They can also give friendly targets stimulants to enhance things like speed and strength as will as depressants to lower things like sense of pain. If the target is an enemy it can give them stimulants force them into an enraged mode where they are stronger and faster but are also unable to think clearly making them more likely to just charge in a blind rage. Or give the enemy depressants that slow down their movements, stun them, and even make them go to sleep. It can also scan enemy bio-data to tell you any weakness and resistances they have. For example an enemy might weak to a compound in plant and if injected in high enough amounts can poison and kill them. Can share it's biological data with other friendlies in the area so everyone knows what types of attacks are most effective on the enemy.
I really like those things and even some leech mode to drain percentage of life and a health icon that would light up to show those who you can top up their health that changes colour the lower the health becomes and even the A.I warning of team mates damage before nearing death which i feel is handy for healers.

I make up more types of drones but you get the point. Not only would they be helpful to the player solo but if they are allowed to passively share data with other players in your group with option to share data with people outside of your group it would allow for greater teamwork and cooperation.
I am curious of the many types of drones we could have and yes if it helps the team work it would be a super way to have drone info be used in such a way that the whole team figures out e.g weakness, strengths and tackling a task in a number of ways.

This also made me wonder if the enemy got a hold of such drone it could also be a risk since they will have more info on you :O so that means its vital to keep drones safe too hmm

Aug 14, 2016
Could they even indicate hacking systems options of certain enemies/structures and how long left before being detected.
I think that is great idea given how "recon" is short for reconnaissance with often overlaps with espionage as you try to find hidden things. And given how recon units are part of any vanguard / spearhead group. Because able to do things like hack systems as well as to intercept and scramble enemy transmissions is a good idea for a unit who's role is often includes stealth and spying.

I really like those things and even some leech mode to drain percentage of life and a health icon that would light up to show those who you can top up their health that changes colour the lower the health becomes and even the A.I warning of team mates damage before nearing death which i feel is handy for healers.
An A.I. system that helps you keep trick of the health and conditions of your teammates is great idea. Because there can be status effects that are bad to have but doesn't effect a person's health. So only being able to see a person's name health level is not enough. Professional medical grade gear like the drone would looking at everything like heart rate, body temperature, stress levels, and the like. So it would give you more information about people so you simple easy to read icons and/or color codes about a person's physical state of being outside of HP. It could also give you a warning of some kind when someone's health drops to low and/or if they are effected by a really dangerous status effect.

Also talking about leech ability. That kind of reminds me of some parasite healer class in games, namely traders and vampires. They heal by draining health from an enemy and giving it to ether themselves or to their teammates. Going by how much of a percentage of health they can take and give at any given time it could be enough to keep them and their team alive long enough to survive prolonged battles as long as they are smart picking which targets to drain. And if there are not enemies around to drain they have the option of give up a percentage of their own health to heal teammates. And in the case of traders type beings they also have the ability to transfer stats for a short time as their abilities often working on a balancing scale, you can't rise something without lowering something else and vice versa. For example, lowering your own stats to buff a teammate or draining the stats of an enemy to buff yourself. The effects are all temporary and fade away even faster if one of the targets is killed, so sometimes might want to try and keep an enemy alive for the buffs they will still be trying to kill you. It is always a mater of risk vs reward with trader types as they have to follow the rule of equivalent exchange at all times.

I am curious of the many types of drones we could have and yes if it helps the team work it would be a super way to have drone info be used in such a way that the whole team figures out e.g weakness, strengths and tackling a task in a number of ways.
The defender drone is a mining drone repurposed for military use. First used by miners to aid in the safe harvest of resources on asteroids and planetoids. They are equipped with a scaled down version of the ray shielding used on deep space traveling ships. Although the size of the unit is much smaller they found a way to make it match the strength of the shields on a full sized ship in light portable package. But this came at the cost of the having much shorter lifespan for the shield do a combination of not having large energy reserves, over heating, and other matters. This was not much of a problem for the miners who only used the drone to aid them in quick surveys of the mining area or in search and rescue of the mains and damaged ships to them from cosmic rays and other types of radiation, as was as various explosions and even some types of weapon fire. The military has toke this technology and made it for effective in against weapons although the lifespan of the shield is much shorter do to the extra energy drain and faster over heating of the unit, it gives the unit about the same level of protection from energy based attacks as a lower tier medium class attack ship for few moments. And to help with the lower up time of the shield the military aid an kinetic energy charger to the unit that converts kinetic energy into battery power for the shield. Converting a percentage of the kinetic energy unit takes into faster recharge times for the shield. (in other words if you want the shield to come back faster you have to take some hits to help the battery charge faster.) Heavily armored units benefit the most from the kinetic energy charger as they can take more kinetic energy without taking damage.

Note: If the energy shield battery if full the kinetic energy charger will start add power to your energy reserves and this excess power can be transfered to teammates to boost the energy reserves (often boosting moving speed and flight time). Although we do not recommend using your body to absorb attacks we do recognize situations in which discretion is the better part of valor. Ensuring that you and your team make it back alive more important than staying and dying.

(That was much longer then what I was going to type but think adding in those little bits of lore about the drone and shield technology it uses helps to sell on the idea that the universe is lived in and not everything we was designed for war. Just because something is really effective in combat doesn't mean that is what it is really for. Just look at things like ice picks and piano wire for example. And the TL:DR, The risk vs reward in this drone is do you put up the shield to block damage for given amount to time or do you take damage a buff to movement at cost of health. As well as do you dodge the attack while your shield recharge or do take the hit to force the shield to recharge faster. With this type of system even masochistic tank players gain some kind effect. And rushing at the enemy without the shield up only makes you faster as you take hits.)

This also made me wonder if the enemy got a hold of such drone it could also be a risk since they will have more info on you :O so that means its vital to keep drones safe too hmm
That is a good point. But just like I real life I think a lot of the really important stuff would have self-destruct option built into them. Kind of like how we have self-destruct options built into things like stealth aircraft and experimental weapons to keep them falling into enemy hands and making sure they can't learn anything useful out of them. Although this doesn't mean it is not impossible to learn things from the parts left behind by destruction, it'll still take a lot of time and effort to do. Takes away time and resources that could be used else where. Things like deadman switches exist for a reason.

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
Drones are very useful for both targeting assistance and point defense. Placing IR sensor on drones, which is done today, paired with any targeting system can tell you enemy is about to fire it's weapons even before it happens. More drones = bigger bonus to detection radius, hit chance, evasion, defense etc. Can also be useful for locating resources.
Is there any outline for energy generation capabilities of omniframes? A lot of frame suggestion have energy weapons, but portability is what limits them irl, which also applies to coilguns. Only warships are big enough to make use of energy weapons for now afaik.
For field repairs both 3D printing parts and self-mending materials can be used.
Any civilization capable of reaching exoplanets I'd expect to have these technologies, as well as bio-tech that can research and integrate Tsi-hu tech. As a limitation to aquiring which, it would make sense that even bio-weapons are made with self-destruction or rapid decombosition of materials when it's destroyed/defeated to prevent acquisition by enemy.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So it would give you more information about people so you simple easy to read icons and/or color codes about a person's physical state of being outside of HP
Ah yes, the information would be so vital to changing the outcome of a battle, so each information could be suited specifically to a class type so that it has a unique way of seeing e.g

Everyone can do these things to an extent but the classes specifically could do it better at it since it benefits that class. What if we are talking about hybrids and such that could work too but it would not be as specialized as just focusing on 1

Tank - armor type /shields including information to figure which to use depending on the enemy and what they are using. Specializes in heavy weaponry, over shields and titan armor for increased survival.

Assault - weapon types
Specialization modular ammo and nades, and damage booster

Recon - system hack, sensor boost and various vision modes e.g. ir, ultra violet, X-ray etc
Great for a better view of the battle field and providing wider overview of info to team mates
Specialize infiltration, comms and larger range for detection of traps/ security

Med - Health meter and other stat, specialization revival and decay, even adrenaline booster

Would working together gain the benefits of other classes even specialization as long as your within team radius?

Also talking about leech ability. That kind of reminds me of some parasite healer class in games, namely traders and vampires.
I saw this and thought what if there was a sphere that floated and heals it would look like a plasma ball but more greenish and each it touches debuffs great against mobs since it could hit more. Though it would be a temp ability because it would just vaporizer after a small time.

1 ability i liked a lot was the healing pillar i think it was called really liked the ground glowing but what if we extended it so that not only does it heal team mates but it could build temp bonus health the more team mates in the pillar of health the more temp bonus each would get!

The defender drone is a mining drone repurposed for military use.
I like that it made me think we can have alittle story or intro of each drone of how it become such as the defender drone's purpose and so on just nice to know how it was developed and how it was used at the start.

(in other words if you want the shield to come back faster you have to take some hits to help the battery charge faster.)
I like that as you say it would be great for the heavies

would have self-destruct option built into them
Oh yes could be used as a trap too !! But could we transfer info from the drone to a new drone before it happened and wipe the info from the original drone.
This got me thinking of a series called travelers

For field repairs both 3D printing parts and self-mending materials can be used.
That would look really neat seeing the material rebuild or having a drone create a part to fix near a mobile station.

As a limitation to aquiring which, it would make sense that even bio-weapons are made with self-destruction or rapid decombosition of materials when it's destroyed/defeated to prevent acquisition by enemy.
Would the biological weapon still have fragments of memory still left and if so could it be extracted from a dead tsi-hu and such. I guess to totally clear it would be to destroy every single piece of it but maybe i am just over thinking :p

Drones are very useful for both targeting assistance and point defense. Placing IR sensor on drones, which is done today, paired with any targeting system can tell you enemy is about to fire it's weapons even before it happens
Could medics have healer drones that could also fix other drones?

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
Could medics have healer drones that could also fix other drones?
What kind of tools would "medic" frames use anyway? Realistically speaking I wouldn't expect drones to be able to lift or supply enough power for tools that are used by frames. And support drones I imaging as something that's hard to hit, but when it does get hit it's faster to replace it, than repair it.
I just had an idea for ghetto repair drone that carries a tape and flies around the target taping it together. Something like that could actually work if the tape is also a smart material that fills holes and can replace damaged armor or tissue.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
drone that carries a tape and flies around the target taping it together. Something like that could actually work if the tape is also a smart material that fills holes and can replace damaged armor or tissue.
Like a special duct tape with special properties maybe it has nanites in it?
Also what if it had similar healing but in a liquid form imagine if the drone turned into a liquid form
like a T-1000 and went inside to repair hard to reach areas internally then finished off with the tape hmm

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
If you have that level of nanotech, sure. For ghetto design I was thinking something like epoxy putty, though it takes at least 5 min to start acting.
If drones can carry or turn into repairing nanopaste, omniframes should already be using that technology for self repair. I guess you could use drones to deliver additional supply of it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
was thinking something like epoxy putty, though it takes at least 5 min to start acting.
guess you could use drones to deliver additional supply of it.
That sounds great do you think some spray would be good too like a airborne agent that could cover a larger area for example a small team that needs the extra heal? Perhaps it is dropped from above or uses a device that attaches an orb to each omniframe and the orb unleashes a spray of nanites

Then that got me thinking what about bikes with heal specific section if it was modded for that could ride past rapid deploy heals as a temp solution until drones or serious healers arrive.

Would the paste be for more suitable for heavy damage and if its heavy then it takes abit longer to repair but would we need to be stationary for the healing to be effective or can we continue to move depending on which area is damaged?

Was thinking a small healing indicator % and movement so if you move faster the healing works but be reduced because it could be the damaged area affected and the energy needed is better used for repair though saying that if you were under attack and needed to find shelter moving and having less effiecent healing would be better i guess

Aug 14, 2016
In terms of drones I like idea of most of them outside of the recon and assault ones not being made by the military to start with, but being adopted by and repurposed by the military. One of the best examples in real life being dynamite and how Alfred Nobel made it to help miners do their jobs faster and safer. But then the military toke technology and started to use it for war. And there are a lot of things like that throughout history. A lot of things people see now a days as weapons actually started off as something else different, like farming tools. This way besides each type of drone being highly specialized for different roles, it makes sense for a lot of them to have built in utilitarian use outside of combat too. And let's not also forget that Em8er is an ice world. And that computers run faster when they are cold and superconductors can do a lot of things too.

Baseline technology
I forgot to add this to my last post just in case anyone thought that the kinetic energy charger idea I added to the shield drone was unrealistic. I just based the kinetic energy charger idea on things like piezoelectric technology. Because you can use kinetic energy on something like a piezoelectric plate to make electricity. There are some places in the world now where they are starting to put piezoelectric plates under things like road and sidewalks to generate some electricity from the cars that drive over them and the people who walk over them. Putting them in high traffic areas can make a lot of extra power for nearby buildings and stuff. Personally as a joke I say they need to put them under playgrounds too so we power a city by letting all the kids play and run around in the park. lol

In terms of self healing metals and plastic we do have some of them in real life now. In the future such things would be easier and cheaper to make to point where you can have self healing cars and the like. Although what will people crazy ex's do if they can no longer key someone's car because the car and paint self heals? lol. Also remember that things like memory metal exist too, metals that if deformed for some reason can be made to go back into shape after applying right kind of energy to it (often heat).

As for healing humans. I remember there was one idea about making a spray that can close people injury. The idea is after you clean out the injury you use the spray to cover it and it seals it like new layer of skin until it is heal. I like to think of it is basically a specialized type of glue, given how some people will self treat small cuts with glue. But what if the glue had things like nutrients in it that can help your body cells grow faster and maybe help you make more stem cells? Going by how fast it speeds things up you could heal really fast. Although in real life healing really can cause problems too because it takes energy to grow and make new cells. Part of the reason you need to eat a lot of food when you healing from something big to replace all the energy and nutrients that was used up. It is also why kids and teenagers eat a lot when they have their growth spurts. Meaning that in real life people like Wolverine from the X-Men would super hungry each time they healed from all damage they take in battle.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I forgot to add this to my last post
Never... you are not allowed you must continue!

Personally as a joke I say they need to put them under playgrounds too so we power a city by letting all the kids play and run around in the park. lol
Good plan i wonder how many ants and bugs etc moving underground could generate hmm

Although what will people crazy ex's do if they can no longer key someone's car because the car and paint self heals?
Pay a child to Wrap a lot of clingfilm and duct tape around the car and put a nice ribbon happy birthday!!!!

As for healing humans. I remember there was one idea about making a spray that can close people injury. The idea is after you clean out the injury you use the spray to cover it and it seals it like new layer of skin until it is heal. I like to think of it is basically a specialized type of glue, given how some people will self treat small cuts with glue
It could even help with people with extremely big sun burns on their baldy head

Meaning that in real life people like Wolverine from the X-Men would super hungry each time they healed from all damage they take in battle.
They must make super poops too :O

Aug 14, 2016
Baseline technology
Humans can learn what sounds different animals like and dislike than use those sound to drive them away or lure them in. Examples being things like dog whistles, duck calls, and that sound that make fish jump out of the water both in fear and in pain. So lets have the ability to make beacons that can help keep enemies out of an area and other beacons that can help lure enemies into an other.

For example, let's say we learn enough about the alien language to start making translators for them so we know what they are saying. We could use that same technology in reverse on an insulting beacon to agro them. The insulting beacon is a beacon with a powerful speaker on it playing a prerecorded message of extremely insulting things about the Tsi-Hu and their families. The humans have founded this insults in alien texts and transmissions then adding their translations to make them more effective as well as to make up some new ones. All Tsi-Hu within ear shot of the beacon will become enraged and can't help but to attack the beacon to try and stop the endless stream of insults it is making.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The humans have founded this insults in alien texts and transmissions then adding their translations to make them more effective as well as to make up some new ones. All Tsi-Hu within ear shot of the beacon will become enraged
I visualize it, they are drawn to it then keep wacking it them it explodes and from a distance is flying kaiju fireworks with effects and maybe a long roooooooooooooooooaaar for added fun.

Then imagine another one where it magnetises them to the becon not the big kaiju's and the little kaijus implode and the metal pieces left near the becon for collecting to make something maybe hmm.

Then there is a musical becon that makes them dance like a cha cha dance etc they all follow each other to the becon dancing at the becon and it sprays something and they sleep temporarily! The music can change so metal music would make them headbang and headbutt each other causing disorinetation and possible injury.

Then i wondered what if the becon started making drill noises and soon as it came close by stopped
then the kaiju's looked puzzled then it would wonder off then it repeats again but the kaiju is smart and stamps on it and the becon is dead :O anyway it has given you a good amount of time for escape job well done becon!