Restrictions of team up or area by tier level?

DoktOrk

SHIFTER
Omega Founder
Jan 7, 2018
Hi All!

(If my questions are answered before, please delete this thread, and send me the link, where.)

Altough (referring to the first spoiler of the 7th question in the F.A.Q.) there will be no such thing as leveling in Em8er, are there any plans to restrict the team up, or an area by the player's highest / lowest tier level? (I do not know, how this is called properly.)
In other words:
1.) Can everybody team up with anyone regardless of their progress?
2.) Can everybody go to any area regardless of the player's progress?

Cheers: DoktOrk :-D

Jun 26, 2018
1. Yes you can, but I think it would be unwise to team up with low tier players, because maybe they won't do enough damage to the enemys?
2. I mean sure you can go there but you probably will get knocked out due to enemys getting stronger with each area?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
1. Yes you can, but I think it would be unwise to team up with low tier players, because maybe they won't do enough damage to the enemys?
TAKE THEM WITH YOU AND SHOW THEM HOW BADASS YOU ARE AND THEY TOO CAN BECOME BADASS.

281 DPS IS STILL BETTER THAN 280 DPS.

LEAVE NO REAPER BEHIND!

2. I mean sure you can go there but you probably will get knocked out due to enemys getting stronger with each area?
ENEMY STRENGTH IS BASED ON PLAYER ACTIVITY AND GLOBAL TIER PROGRESSION.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
In short, yes to both, since none of the content in Em-8ER is planned to be gated by common 'level' systems.

The core factor to note is that the game will not have the common vertical scaling of most standard MMOS. Em-8ER does not plan to have the traditional levels or gear steps. However, this does not mean that the scaling is perfectly horizontal. There will be a small gradient, and while there still is little detail on how much that gradient will be, it likely is going to be more about variations in style of play and effectiveness in clearing content without simply piling on bigger stats.

Also note, this is more of an open-world war simulation. The gear tier is tied to the world tier. Every time players unlock a new zone/terraform it/control it, a new world tier is unlocked. With a new world tier comes access to newer gear tiers, better/advanced modifications and so on. This world tier is global and is not tied to individual advancement.

Also, this from Grummz:

Yes, you build everything. Some things might be made better by finding "rare" Tsi-hu artifacts, but skill is still the most important element. Power curve is very shallow in Em-8ER
The way I see it, player growth and 'progression' will come from farming and acquiring mats/resources to craft higher tier gear to the maximum available at the current world tier. Hence a restriction, if any, will only be in terms of whether a player has sufficient resources to craft the highest tier gear. This means there will be a natural progression for the player .

However, this does not restrict a player from accessing any content available in the game world. If he has the skill and the patience, he may take part in content meant for far higher gear tiers.

DoktOrk

SHIFTER
Omega Founder
Jan 7, 2018
Yes you can, but I think it would be unwise to team up with low tier players, because maybe they won't do enough damage to the enemys?
TAKE THEM WITH YOU AND SHOW THEM HOW BADASS YOU ARE AND THEY TOO CAN BECOME BADASS.

281 DPS IS STILL BETTER THAN 280 DPS.

LEAVE NO REAPER BEHIND!
In short, yes to

Thank you, I am glad to hear that!

Cheers: DoktOrk :-D