NEW! Free Founder Dropships plus Newcomer Backer Packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
dropship-regular1200.jpg Newcomers to Em8ER have contacted us, wanting a chance to back early. So we've created these Newcomer Backer Packs and a brand new item in the game: Skinned Dropships.

The good news is that everyone, from M1 to M3 and purchasing Newcomers, will receive a commemorative, unique model, Founder's Dropship that will never be sold again. These Dropships will be pushed to all registered Em8ERID accounts right away.

Newcomers who have been asking to back Em-8ER now have the chance to purchase a variety of packs featured below. Please note that Max Kahunas and Kaiju Slayers will receive all these perks as well. New Archon and Ark Liege backers (and Maxes and Slayers) will also receive a 2nd uniquely designed, extremely limited run dropship that reflects their rarefied status. (Design TBD).

Dropships fly in to deliver your THMPR mining mechs and when you need a new Omniframe delivered. You will also see your Dropship when flying from terraforming pocket to pocket, alongside your squad-mates own ships. Stand out from the crowd with your commemorative edition ship!

Want to get in on Em-8ER? Click the link! Available Now!

Link: Newcomer Backer Packs!

Paypal Orders accepted via direct request to: [email protected]

Last edited:

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
I have backed all 3 Milestones. Do I have to buy a new package to get this dropship?
No. Not for the Founder's Dropship. See the second paragraph in @Grummz OP above.
The good news is that everyone, from M1 to M3 and purchasing Newcomers, will receive a commemorative, unique model, Founder's Dropship that will never be sold again.
The second unique dropship is a different story. That one requires a specific backer level.

And thanks for backing all three milestones btw.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Some questions:
- Is the Founder/Chroma geesuit and skin V2 the same as the suit and skin offered in M3?
- Is the carbon fiber shader unique to this campaign?

Can't wait to see the in-game model for these ones for scale.
Good questions: the Gee Suit skins and the shader are unique from M3 v/s Newcomer Backer packs.

Can't wait too!

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Some questions:
- Is the Founder/Chroma geesuit and skin V2 the same as the suit and skin offered in M3?
- Is the carbon fiber shader unique to this campaign?

Can't wait to see the in-game model for these ones for scale.
Yes, the original founder GeeSuit looks like this:

female suit concept.png

The V2 Geesuit in these new packs looks like this:

23cb8ece9b5e1f2a2ba29e0b725a09d1.png
This is the Glowly Chroma version at higher tiers on new packs.

Carbon fiber black on black Omniframes (not Geesuit, we're talking frames at this point of the question) IN THIS PATTERN is unique to this round. In the future there might be other styles and patterns that use carbon fiber.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
AWESOMESAUCE ANNOUNCEMENT
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

IT'S HAPPENING!! THE AWESOMESAUCE IS HAPPENING!!

CAN. YOU. FEEEEEEEL EEEET???

But seriously, I am SUPER HYPED to see this newcomer pack!! New community members will be SO happy!! Thank you @Grummz for offering something for those who have been asking!

Sorta...I believe it would be the Petro Slick VO add-on pack...lol.
I would like to PLUS ONE this VO add-on pack!! :cool:

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
My mind actually didn't go to Oilspill first, went to Star Craft with quotes from those dropships. And ooooh yes that would be sweetness! Love the art.

Grummz, would there be a way to set dropship heights differently based on a detection of activity? Thinking of how you mentioned performance issues during an invasion, so a higher altitude makes sense, but during thumping, have a setting for them to fly lower? Just thinking of optimum ways to enjoy all Em-8er has to show off in style!

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
If the dropship is flying low bringing in the THMPR, i'm so expecting to see dust/snow cloud being blown up in the air in the horizon while hearing a line like:"Flying low for a drop off, clear the LZ!"
(While kinda imagining how it would look like if the dropship would slingshot the THMPR like a wrestler of the top rope so the THMPR can deliver a dropkick to a Kai-ju's head/chest.)

(And no i'm not naming my THMPR Big Show... *shifty eyes*... Okay the thought did cross my mind..)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yes, the original founder GeeSuit looks like this:

View attachment 2357

The V2 Geesuit in these new packs looks like this:

View attachment 2358
This is the Glowly Chroma version at higher tiers on new packs.

Carbon fiber black on black Omniframes (not Geesuit, we're talking frames at this point of the question) IN THIS PATTERN is unique to this round. In the future there might be other styles and patterns that use carbon fiber.
They both are smexy suits in fact i want a whole collection one for each day :D

Newcomers to Em8ER have contacted us, wanting a chance to back early. So we've created these Newcomer
I like this it reminds me of a more futuristic Grendizer!

Wondering is the front part of the ship a smaller craft or pod that can launch out hmmm

It has a nice bird/dinosaur look to it the front part is like the head!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.